1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally, the Truth about Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TC777JLIN168, Dec 28, 2012.

1. glacier921

glacier921 Rookie

I know right? Seriously, those people who are intolerant of each other's free speech try to limit other people's free speech while trying to voice their own oponion. LOL.

2. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

I think there is two variants of LOHs, or three:

1. Ones that truly hate Lin for whatever reason/agenda, these poor unfortunate souls should be pitied rather than hated.

2. Ones that don't really hate Lin, but love trolling the passionate Lin supporters, so often labels everyone and everything LOF.

3. Ones that are tired of all the attention on Lin and the arguing over him, so they develop a bad reaction to Lin, perceived as LOHs when they're really not. Often as a natural instinct becomes the 2. type LOH to deal with all the Lin attention.

2 people like this.
  3. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Good post. Lol...There are also 3 variants of LOFS.

1. One's that are truly Lin's fans because of his overall story and his amazing run last year. Ppl who see a lot of potential in him. (80% IMO)
    2. One's that love Lin and think he can do no wrong and tend to be oversensitive. (10% IMO)
    3. Trolls pretending to be #2 LOFs by saying the most ridiculous things just to piss ppl off. (10% IMO)

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

Those stats are deflated due to Lin's poor start to the season. Nobody cares how Lin played in his fourth game of the season.

How has he played recently? Pretty well. That's what matters, especially since he's a young player.

5. Bill Bradley

Bill Bradley Member

What is the point of posting this other than to flame the board. Would be great if these kinds of posts were discouraged or otherwise moderated by the moderator.

6. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Meh is usually a decent poster so I'm surprised he made a comment like that. As far as I know he's neither a LOF or loh, just a ROF :)

1 person likes this.
  7. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wow, I'm surprised that off the cuff comment got so many responses. Basically, I read the title of the thread "The Truth" and got excited. Then read the article very intricately, thinking there must be some really cool info about Jeremy Lin's development. Then realize after reading it for so long that it basically said nothing new, got pissed, and wrote that comment. In reality, I was just pissed at the title, which I thought was obviously misleading and led to me wasting a lot of time on an opinion piece.

I apologize for generalizing Lin fans, but I still maintain the OP's title is horribly misleading, and making a mountain out of a molehill. If the title had been "Here's a nice Jeremy Lin article from a NY writer." I would've ignored this thread and wouldn't have pissed off so many people.

8. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I actually think the majority of your posts are quite fair. I'm guilty of using the terms LOFs and LOHs when I get frustrated too. LOL. It's getting out of hand. Maybe we should refrain from using those terms, but it's so damn hard. :rolleyes:

9. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

The problem with you LOF'S is that if and when Lin leaves the team; LOF'S will be good as gone too. You guys are only interested in seeing your guy play and not the success of OUR team The Rockets.

10. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

4. Really hates LOF'S cause they truly are irrational, they aren't truly fans of Rockets and are only interested in seeing their guy play even if it comes at the expense of a rocket win.

It seems to me LOF'S usually love living in the glory of Lins past in New York, well Lin is playing with the Rockets now so..... Just stfu about New York already

11. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

The problem with Oilers fans was that they stopped rooting for them once they went to Tennessee, yet the Eddie George and Mcnair only fans still rooted for them anyway no matter what city they played in. works both ways especially considering the fact that the Rox arent even originally Houston's team

12. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

excellent point. :grin:

13. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Come again? I missed your point or maybe the wording confused me. Or possibly I'm stupid?

14. Nook

Nook Member

Because that is what you want to think, it continues the narrative. I am a Rockets fan, I would love Lin to have better numbers and have played better than he has. He has played better the last 8 games or so, and I expect his final numbers to be on par with Dragic last year if he avoids slumps.

15. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Westbrook is a 2× NBA All-Star (2011–2012), 2× All-NBA Second Team (2011–2012), and a member of Team USA. Lin isn't even close, not enough body of work. It's like saying Lillard is better than Rose.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Yes I watched the game, with more depth we would have won. Lin looked good on the offensive end. Parker went off, but then again Parker is elite and not all his buckets were against Lin.

I don't think Lin is over paid or wish he was on another team. The only issue is his confidence and a number of posters on here that act as if he is Jordan while better players (Harden/Parsons/Asik) are horrible.

17. manning

manning Member

i know that you are hating lin fan cause some blind fan...
    but...hey...please do not associate LOFs with your own personal opinion.
    I truely think this team has a lot of potential! they have already exceeded my expectations...
    btw im a Lin Fan but not LOF....i cant understand why people say LF=LOF...
    please treat other fans with fairness and respect.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't know of many LOH other than some trolls. However I know of bunch of posters that really dislike the fact that Lin dominates the majority of the threads in the GARM even though he's probably the fourth most important starter on the team behind Harden, Parsons, and Asik.

19. split41

split41 Member

His numbers are pretty comparable to Dragic this year, FWIW.

Dragic: GP 28 MPG 31.9 FGM-FGA 5.0-11.2 FG% .447 3PM-3PA 1.4-4.1 3P% .351 FTM-FTA 2.7-3.7 FT% .731 RPG 2.8 APG 6.2 BLKPG 0.2 STLPG 1.6 PFPG 2.6 TOPG 2.2 PPG 14.1

Lin: GP 29 MPG 32.7 FGM-FGA 4.6-10.7 FG% .434 3PM-3PA 0.8-2.8 3P% .280 FTM-FTA 2.1-2.6 FT% .816 RPG 3.9 APG 6.3 BLKPG 0.4 STLPG 1.8 PFPG 2.5 TOPG 2.9 PPG 12.2

The most obvious difference is that Dragic scores 2 more points per game, and Lin's 3P% is woeful. However, I believe if Lin didn't have his early season slump/chemistry issues his stats would be better than the dragon's. Either way even with Lin's early season struggles his stats are still pretty close to Dragic this year and better than Dragic's stats last year. I'm not saying that Lin is as good as or better than the dragon, I'm just pointing out that Lin could maybe finish the year with 14-15/7/4, so I think you may be underselling him a tad or maybe I'm overselling him a tad.

20. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

I appreciate your sincere and honest response. To be fair, most of your posts are fair and rational, as JJ23 pointed out. You are a very active member and contribute a lot of your good thoughts on this forum, obviously a passionate die-hard Rockets fan which I respect a lot. :)

I guess it's just this constant LOFs or LOHs thing that really tires people, isn't it? Maybe I shouldn't over-react to LOFs vs LOHs fight either. It's a reality here and probably won't go away any time soon. :p