1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally some home health help

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Falcons Talon, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

...for my mother. We've been paying out of pocket for almost a year now to get some help for my mother, who has frontotemporal dementia I had posted a fundraiser page a few time to ask/beg for help financially, because even with all family members contributing, we were having trouble making ends meet. About three months ago, she was approved for 10 hours a week of care funding under "emergency needs"...meaning we needed some assistance immediately.

After months of waiting, and phone tag, and more waiting, they finally bumped service to 25 hours. It will still be a little less than a month until funding on that begins, but it is great that we finally get a little financial relief. Thank you all for all the donations that were given. They were all put to use for my moms benefit, even though some questioned how the money was put to use, I assure you, it all went to the well being and care of my mother.

I will let the fundraiser run its course since funding will begin after the fundraiser expires. Nothing shady. Its simply because the payments to the service will not be available for a few more weeks.

As for my mom, her condition continues to deteriorate. Her hand is shaking more and more, and she needs more assistance to eat, bathe, and use the restroom. She does not speak anymore either :( I know which way this is going, and I am thankful for the time I have with her. I have my boys over as ofter as I can, so they can spend time with her as well.

Thanks again guys for all your help and prayers. They are really appreciated. We are eternally grateful to all that have helped.

2. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

I do not remember contributing to the fund but prayers sent and stay strong. I have a sick mother also and it sucks.

3. Granville

Granville Member

God bless your family, man. Sucks to hear what your mother is going through and the financial strain it puts on the entire family.

Hang in there. I'm glad to hear that the situation has improved some.

4. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

It sucks so bad that on top of the emotional strained, we get hit with the financial strain. My parents were denied so much, even though they worked hard their entire lives, Dad served in the navy, mom worked her way up through the school district, and in the end, everyone says "sorry, you're screwed".

With the 25 hours, it frees up a thousand per month for my family. It may not seem like a lot, but on the tight budgets we are on, every penny counts. We just have to get through this month and hope when the time comes for more care being needed, the state will grant the hours. Eventually, my mom is going to need around the clock care based on what I have researched.