1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Finally....a Badiane update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by o3gs, Aug 22, 2004.

1. o3gs

o3gs Member

Spoke with Malick yesterday. He is back in Houston, working out with the Rockets and expects a decision to be made (hopefully) sometime next week as to where he will be playing this fall.

He had a great time playing for the U-20 National team and played pretty well as Senegal finished in 4th place.

That's pretty much all I know for now....as soon as we learn something new, I will pass it along.

2. user

user Member

Thanks. How talk is he now and how much does he weight now?

3. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Thanks for the update.

I know one place he won't be playing this fall. Houston.

4. Sane

Sane Member

To be fair, I think it's interesting that we haven't dealt for Mutombo or signed Clark yet.

Maybe the Rockets want to take a look at Badiane just to be sure they're not screwing up?

Even if we do get Clark or Mutombo, we need another C. If any of them goes down, we'd be screwed.

If we get Mutombo and Badiane, that would be nice. Badiane may learn a bit from Mutombo - I don't think they're from the same country, but I'm sure the connection will help.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

He's worked with the staff a lot this summer, I've been told. They seem to have a bit of a handle on him, I hope. They certainly seem to believe he will be an asset at some point.

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I hope he makes the team this season. He is not going to get any better playing against inferior competition over there. Bring him in and, even if he doesn't play one minute this year, let him experience what the NBA is all about. Let him play againt Yao and Deke in practice to hopefully raise his game to a NBA level. If anything, the organization can finally see if this guy has any shot at all for the future so they can plan accordingly.

7. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

4th place?

Who won gold then?

What was his stats line like?

8. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Finally? I'm still trying to figure out what the obsession is over a second round pick who didn't even start for his Euro team last year.

Interesting to hear the updates, but the guy is a project that may never play in the NBA, so I just don't get all the fuss.

9. Fegwu

All I can say is that thank God Badman was not included in the TMAC. I would have been really upset - I would have said no to the deal without blinking. As of Now, TMAC, Yao, Boki and Badman are only untouchables when it comes tyo trades.

Believe it!

10. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Does Badiane have leprosy? That's the only way the he'd be untouchable; Boki too. Just because the Rockets drafted them, it doesn't mean they have been annointed as future NBA stars. Let's be realistic, please, and not such homers.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Perhaps you need to turn on your sarcasm detector.

12. pcheung

pcheung Member

It's the Olajuwon factor. African kid, freak athlete. People are willing to overlook the dominated NCAA ball vs back-up in German league part.

Add his "Bad" name and sidekick, og3pio... it's practically a major motion picture.

If his name were "Zwikker" or "Collier" and he played 4 yrs Div I ball, we'd know he's a scrub. ;)

13. pcheung

pcheung Member

Besides, wasn't "hope" the last thing that came out of Pandora's box? :)

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I think he might have been serious.....

15. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Contributing Member

Yeah, if you read his previous post, it's 99% he's serious, and that's what makes this thread so sad.... :(

16. outseam

outseam Member

With the way the US team is getting whupped, maybe playing in the NBA would actually be playing against inferior competition. :D

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Same here but look on the bright side: At least his name is easier to pronounce than Vassilis Spanoulis (aka Cannotus Playus in NBAlis).

18. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Hey, o3gs, i have a feeling that you are Malick's agent right?

19. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

thanks for the update, o3gs.

20. Fegwu

:D :D :D