1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Final Season] The Office

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Sep 4, 2012.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

It's gonna be sad tonight, but I'm ready for it. Hope for a Michael cameo!

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

There will be no Michael cameo according to one of the producers. I believe there was an interview somewhere a few weeks back and they feel that chapter is closed and they gave him a proper send off.

3. YaosDirtyStache

I am really not sure if I should fap during this episode in tribute of the show, or not fap out of sadness.

Help a brother out.

4. 713

713 Member

[​IMG].

5. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

fap to tribute, and fap to sadness.

1 person likes this.
  6. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I disagree with this. The Jim/Pam conflict was really refreshing, they're relationship had become stale and Jim had been a douchebag for a couple seasons.

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Well of course they're not going to say it, it would be a suprise...

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I was really hoping they'd divorce. Pam's a b****.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

It's not that I didn't like it, especially at first. But I think they forced situations on the viewer that were completely out of character for the two of them. Then they plugged in a completely unnecessary Brian the sound-guy. And then they dragged it on too long.

And it's funny because I think he turned into a douchebag when he started working at Athlead!

I was honestly hoping, and still am, that they would have found some sort of happiness outside of Dunder Mifflin, because seems to me both aren't meant to stay there forever.

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Is the episode tonight 2 hours? I've got a ton of work I need to get done. Can't believe its about to be over, the past few seasons have been disappointments but the last few episodes have been very strong.

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

I agree. I liked seeing Jim and Pam fight, but it felt forced. Fighting over not recording their daughter's play? Seriously? Married couples fight all the time. Just because they hit one tiny bump in the road doesnt mean they should throw away their marriage.

Also, how selfish is Pam for making Jim walk away from his dream job. For what reason? Because she doesnt want to move to philly? Seriously?

Jim's job at Athlead could potentially make him millions and Pam is willing to throw that away just because she wasnt happy? What a selfish b****. He may not regret it today or the next day, but five years from now he's going to hate her for it.

12. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

They've got a special starting at 7 CT then the spisode at 8 CT ending at 9:15.

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

1 hour episode and 1 hour lead up with interviews and stuff

14. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Did Jim walk away from Athlead? I thought he's still part of the company, just not as involved as before. I know he chose not to go on that tour though.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm pretty sure Pam will let him go back full time based on his convo with Darryl outside the women's restroom.

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Thanks. Does the actual episode start at 7 (30 minutes from now) or do the interviews start at 7?

I'd imagine so. Especially since Jim encouraged Pam to go to that art school for like 6 months so Pam could follow her art dreams.

17. likestohypeguy

A couple of warnings- don't assume just because they had a pretty heavy jim & pam clip montage last week, that we've got it out of the way. I suspect there will be more of that tonight. Also, consider yourself lucky if there isn't a dedicated best-of flashback sequence for every character, clip show style. If not slow motion. Hopefully not more than 30-40 minutes, but for 2hrs, there's going to be a loooot of filler like that.

I know, wtf?! Five years from now Jim is going to be SUPER pissed about that, and we're going to be like "called it!" lol!

18. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Completely agree about the sound guy. That felt like a desperation move to get some sort of drama out of Jim and Pam's relationship. I guess I commend them for dropping it just about as quickly as it started rather than trying to keep it going by making Brian a regular, though.

19. 713

713 Member

is anybody watching this special? it's pretty awesome

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

i was going to try and catch the end of it. I recorded it though, so will watch the rest of it later.