1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Final Season] The Office

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Sep 4, 2012.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Damn, I won't be able to see Pam whine all of the time anymore. Christ, the plot between her and Jim completely ruined the show. Did the producers not watch Friends? You keep the relationship out of the picture or dilute it after a few episodes.

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The final season of Weeds is airing right now. I still watch it and enjoy it.

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Last season was pretty bad -- that British woman they brought on was terrible.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

According to wiki, Roy is coming back in the second episode. There's a description of the episode but I'll let you guys read it on your own in order to not spoil it for everyone.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

By far my favorite show. No matter how many times I watch an episode, I laugh like it was the the first. I'm not upset that it's ending, just as long as Netflix keeps streaming. Oh, and TBS and My20 keep playing reruns late night.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Do you mean Erin? Because she's too damn cute to cut out. Between her and April Ludgate, they've got the watched-friends-for-nipping-Jennifer-Aniston crowd satisfied.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Eh, Aniston is in a totally different league.

I agree that Erin didn't really fit at first, but I think she/the writers finally found their groove with her. I thought Andy didn't fit too well way back when he first started but eventually you get used to them all and they start to fit in better with the rest of the cast. It's got to be hard to bring that many unique characters to light so that the audience can know them...that's one thing I've always appreciated about The Office.

8. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

anyone know if there is a compilation of best intros to the show?

those are always my favorite.

9. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Was anyone else underwhelmed with the season opener? I thought it had a few funny spots but overall I thought it was a mediocre episode. Hopefully it's not a sign of things to come because last season was actually pretty good.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Agree with you last season was good and this week's episode was flat. One thing we know from the last 2 seasons is one bad episode can be followed up by a couple of very good ones. Hopefully it will get on a roll and build up to something great.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I thought last night was pretty good

12. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I'm just glad Nelly isn't annoying like last season. So far

13. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

It'll be interesting to see how the
    Oscar and state senator
    thing unfolds

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This episode was pretty flat, but it seemed it was designed to open up some story lines for the remainder of the season. I suspect this season will have a few great episodes, but most of it will be geared towards finalizing the show.

15. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I think people only find this episode flat because the last two seasons have been pretty hectic and everywhere on a consistent basis. IMO This season opener was the closest they've been to returning to their roots as far as pacing and direction.

I like how they're making Andy more of 'dictator' than a walk over, hope that keeps up... It's apparent Jim(/Pam) are leaving but I'm curious to see how they let that unfold. The new guys are great. Dwight Jr was an awesome addition. I love anything that kid is in. This episode had some moments... Creed summarizing the day had me [​IMG]

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

exactly how I felt, seemed more like classic Office stuff

17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

The office is a great reminder on why they should end breaking bad....gonna miss breaking bad, not the office

18. shawn786

shawn786 Member

It was a so so episode by laid multiple seeds for what is to come.

19. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I'm not feeling this season at all. These last 2 seasons are like the rockets team for the last couple years. Great role players/supporting actors but no star do carry the load and keep things moving. They should of done everything they could to keep Will Ferrell. I know people say he wasn't that funny when he was on there, but I think he was finding his niche in the last couple of episodes he was there. It took Steve the whole short first season to find his niche.

20. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

He was only finding his niche because he was working well with Carell. And I think Michael was already gelling into his role by the 2nd episode with the racial cards.

This season has it's good parts from guys like Kevin but it has a weird vibe sending everything into chaos with all the relationship discord going on.