1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

final fantasy 6 - disc read error

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by a-rock, Dec 14, 2004.

1. a-rock

a-rock Member

i just bought final fantasy 6 and a ps1 memory card and just wanted to play but DANG.... disc read error

i always thought my ps2 is able to read ps1 games, maybe it´s because the discs are black-coloured?

help, anyone?

2. a-rock

a-rock Member

BIG SORRY! :(

....could someone please move this to the hangout forum....

3. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Here, let's debate and that way it will be in the right forum...

FF sux, dood. xbox roolz...

Hope that helps! :D

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The way our youth expend their lives on video games is a national travesty. Why, when I was a youth, I ran, did sit-ups and chin-ups until I could master the president's fitness criteria. (I still have my certificates).

What has the current president done to encourage fitness for youth? Less than nothing! He courts the big corporate money from video game makers, giving them tax breaks and turning a blind eye on morally bankrupt games like "Grand Theft Autobahn" (or whatever it is). The outrage!

5. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

sorry deleted...

#5 kpsta, Dec 14, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

You, sir, are a fraud. Why, you and I both know that it was your *utter* failure to make the necessary preparations or to have the proper work ethos when we sculled together. In fact, I can't believe you, of all indivduals, would say this after that fateful saturday decades ago in which you showed up 15 minutes before the Regatta, still reeking of absinthe and the cheap perfume and stale tobacco - no doubt from an evening and morning at the local bawdy-house.

No flaxseed oil or linement could obscure that stench, nor the later stench of being sent to the Repechage of all places, due to your failure to get us out of the first heats.

Granted, our eights crew still won the Dingleberry Cup due to my fantastic coxing and the strong back of old Worthington and the rippling norse physique of young Larsen - but really, Bobert, the humiliation of being in that repechage in front of my friends, family, and of course my (former) fiancee Eugenia. Well, it was too much to bear and you know it.

#6 SamFisher, Dec 14, 2004
  7. B-Bob

I will only admit the following: I do in fact own one solitary video game endeavor. It is a 3D rowing game, and I do sometimes try to redeem myself on a sleepless night. I put my back into it, working the joystick and staring at the glowing screen, as I help the old team send someone else to the repechage. (sigh). Of course, one of the many program bugs often locks the oars and allows the competition's scull to fly.

But SamFisher, this is all tangential. The truth is as I stated it: kids today are simply not as fit as you, Worthington, Muhbooti, Hans, Larsen, Johan, and I were.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

And a poignant moment it must be. I hope the cognac-stained Presidential Certificates of Physical Fitness Achievement signed by the late William Howard Taft, himself no stranger to meritorious acheivement on the playing-field and a known practicioner of medicine ball donkey polo, are a constant reminder of your failure that day, as well as of the shimmering washboard abs of the young Norseman Larsen, glistening in the sun.

Of course you have probably hocked them by now on the electronic Bay in order to finance expeditions to the furthest innards of the whiskey casks down at the local dram shop, knowing you.

You do speak one line of truth, former friend. But that's nothing a good physical tonick, some egg yolks, and a few runs through "Le Combine" with Chief Field Master Arserapier wouldn't fix. That old Quebecker is an iron horse.

#8 SamFisher, Dec 14, 2004
  9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Shining Force > any other RPG

Debate and discuss.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

to answer your question ... I don't think the first batch of ff anthology games were compatable with the ps2, but if it's the greatest hits version, it should be fine. Try tweaking the ps2 browser settings and see if it does anything, if not, try to get another game, or just download the rom from somewhere(no annoying load times, like the ps1 version).

11. B-Bob

Wait -- why did this quality thread hop forums? Must we really "hangout" now with so much blood on our keyboards? (sigh) Bested once more by the less-talented but ever-determined SamFisher.

I guess my "final fantasy" will remain just that, like so many animal costumes hanging without hope in a closet.

But let the record show that I did at least win Larsen -- SamFisher can never take that away from me! Oh sure, he sees Larsen now for the occasional lakeside kir in the Geneva summer, but look at Larsen at this advanced age: jowels flapping in even a mild breeze, his washboard abs an improbable legend according to today's asymmetric paunch, and his dyed combover plastered to a sunburned scalp by the sweat of insecurity. My victory protected by the erosion of decades -- huzzah!

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Never let SamFisher steal your dreams B-Bob ~ Never...

[​IMG]

13. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

sorry... deleted...

14. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

Wow! Totally agreed... Shining Force II may be single handedly responsible for making me an RPG nerd.

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

KC,
    You might want to consider cycling off the 'roids every once in a while.