1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIFA Officials Facing Federal Corruption Charges

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by tellitlikeitis, May 26, 2015.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Here's a couple,

1) Would already be their 3rd and most of any country.
    2) Azteca is old, needs major re-model or replacement.
    3) Need at least 2 more new stadiums, new Monterrey and Guadalajara stadiums not enough. Good news is several new stadia are already under construction or have plans approved including Cruz Azul's new stadium. It's a good start.
    3) Minor but heat and altitude were a small problem the first two times.
    4) As host Mexico would be heavily favored and many folks might not want that ;)

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ I've been telling you. Give it to a country that HASN'T hosted. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Never mind, that was in the D&D.

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ft75orG9VW8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Buck Turgidson

Well, this is the worst possible thing that could happen in this forum: duelling swollys.

I ****ing hate IPAs, by the way. Your beer tastes like ****. Are you making a ten month voyage around the Cape? The beer won't spoil, why do you need all those hops?

5. ipaman

my handle has nothing to do with beer, i don't even drink beer lol. nice post though, very thought provoking. i will contemplate your great contribution and prepare my official reply some time tomorrow.

6. Buck Turgidson

Don't wait then buddy, what's "ipa" all about?

7. ipaman

Security related, when i joined cf I was studying for my cissp.

8. Buck Turgidson

I still hate IPAs, btw. You're cool though.

9. Buck Turgidson

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7Nr_XRTt94Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

11. SwoLy-D

LOOK, man ... it's not easy to read your NICKNAME without thinking 1960's or thinking about Burt Reynolds' nickname in Celebrity Jeopardy. :mad:

[​IMG]

I didn't know the origin until I looked it up before you went to Argentina.

But you're cool, though. :cool:

Back on topic:
    That would be FUNNIER than "duelling swollys."

"Not even that would stop the avalanche." <- what a dummy! Joao Avelange has been gone for a long time! Hahahaha... idiot. :grin:

#171 SwoLy-D, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

13. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

14. SwoLy-D

LOLs
    :grin:

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is bizarre and asinine on so many levels. Imagine being an Irish soccer fan knowing that your president took a bribe just so YOU'D keep your mouth shut?? If that's the case, then that money needs to be dispersed evenly among all the Irish supporters. And on top of that, why the **** would the President even admit to that?? He gains nothing other than a seat on the "**** Blatter" bandwagon, which honestly at this point, is a complete non-story. Everybody knows that Blatter & Co. were corrupt scumbags.....coming forward now makes you look like a tool at best, and an equally corrupt scumbag at worst.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. SwoLy-D

[​IMG]

LOLs.

COMING SOON:
    USA-ordered timeouts... LOTS of TIMEOUTS!!! :p

18. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

[​IMG]

Memorable moments
    Historic break
    With the thermometer at the Estadio Castelao in Fortaleza showing 32 degrees Celsius and humidity levels at 68 per cent, history was made during the match between the Netherlands and Mexico as referee Pedro Proenca called a time out for a cooling break in the 32nd minute. In none of the 20 previous finals had such a stoppage ever taken place. The players gratefully received drinks, ice and damp cloths to cool themselves down and it had a revitalising effect, as immediately afterwards Mexico increased the pressure and carved out some promising openings. The players were not the only ones taking precautions with the heat though, as messages on the big screens reminded fans to reapply sun cream throughout the proceedings. Proenca also stopped the game in the second half for a few minutes in order to give the protagonists another breather.

1 person likes this.
  19. SwoLy-D

^ So. ONE timeout... is... "LOTS"?

I don't understand why you copied-n-pasted this "Historic moment"... :confused:

Lack of timeouts is one of the reasons football isn't "enjoyed" on TV in the U.S., and you know it, man.

20. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

It's just the tip imo, so many FA's have dirty hands just like the execs at FIFA.