1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FIFA 12

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGreat, Sep 19, 2011.

1. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aBaYVo89mmY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Game is going to be awesome!

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CmOuegK-6Gw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

"I think I'm sort of like a gorilla and a leopard"

lol Steve Nash is awesome.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't like the Demo, AI isn't playing realistic and the new defense is pretty confusing. They advertize how you can't simply press and get the ball but cpu seems to be able to do it against you. On the other hand, your teammates can't get the ball for Fs sake and back off the CPU resulting in dumb 50m maradona-memorial goals. I've bought every FIFA since 08 and only play at Legendary, but the cpu is in a clear advantage(anticipates your dribbles/tackles magically). Also think the new defense will result in way more goals online when playing vs. people that know the advanced dribbling moves, they're really hard to defend this year.

Won't buy.

5. M.A. Dub

M.A. Dub Member

If you don't like the new defensive controls just change them back to the old ones in controller set up. I didn't like the new controls either and as soon as I switched it back it seemed much easier.

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I know that, but why buy it then? Except for the awesome new physics, what is the difference in the way you score goals? CPU still gets the ball easily when you in the penalty area and the spacing is unrealistic, resultin in the same repetitive goals you have in every FIFA. Mix Pro Evo with FIFA and you have a good game.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The demo is taking be some getting used to. Shooting mechanics are a bit different, somethign that would go over the goal in the past is no a slow roller at the goalie's feet. Aerial passing is a lot more precise, but leading passes (Y) are not. I disagree about the computer defense, I am running in circles around the D, literally, just toying with the mechanics and whatnot. There are a lot less stoppages in the game it seems, not a damn whistle every time contact is made.

I also hate the free kick thing. I did not get the last fifa but I think they made the change in that one. Its definitely a draw back.

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

My exp with fifa is once you figure out how to score, you score 90% of the time. As someone said you get the same goals over and over. And its impossible (or a miracle) if you score from a different angle/distance. Will not buy if this is the same this year.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Like I said, I didn't play fifa 11, but that was not the case in fifa 10, you could score ina ton of different ways.

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

90% of goals are off deadly passes and crosses. This has always been the case in FIFA.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I almost never score off crosses. I usually score off dribbling up the middle or lead passes

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Isn't that how most goals are scored in REAL LIFE???

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I don't know what difficulty you're playing at, but at World Class/Legendary the goals are repetitive and you'll never jump out of your seat. These are almost never realistic and you barely make goals via great combinations off short passing through the penalty are or by a few dribblings with a star. The area is just too packed and CPU gets the ball too easy.
    Or maybe you don't play online, almost every goal is off crosses or deadly passes through the middle that exploit the bad reaction of your defensive line. The best guys play counter with Chelsea/Real and beat you with deadly passes and speed.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YAR6I_T-uVc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Well... I won't be getting **** done this week.

16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

How do you like it so far?

17. Maximus

Maximus Member

Is this a lot better than PES12? Both are available for download. In the past i always downloaded PES b/c my computer could run it and not Fifa but now i have a new PC. Which is better and why?

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

FIFA has better graphics, physics, presentation, license package.
    But don't expect too much realism, the goals are monotonous and the overall play doesn't really recreate football as you know it. FIFA always has certain strategies that can be exploited and allow you to score goals, onlnie can get annoying.

PES has mediocre graphics and presentation/animations but feels more realistic and there are tons of different outcomes/ways to score. It's more tactic involved and feels better than FIFA gameplay-wise if you're looking for realism. Onlnie can be pain in the azz because dribbling with stars is overpowered, some guys can go coast to coast wit Messi and score.

BIG contra: The goalkeepers make huge mistakes and can't seem to catch the ball many tiems per game, leading to goals that will have you screaming in anger.

Sum:

FIFA wins in every optic aspect and the license package is huge. Gameplay monotonous and not realistic.

PES lacks in presentation and licenses but feels much more like real football.

I favor PES for these reasons, won't buy a football game this year though.

19. Maximus

Maximus Member

So basically i should go ahead and download PES again this year as PC, modding can make the licensing issue no big deal? I'm sure there are already some mods out or at least soon with all the real clubs around the world with correct players and lineups and kits.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Yep that's my suggestion if you prefer gameplay over graphics. Would suggest you to play the FIFA demo, you'll notice how monotonous goals are and that you won't really see many realistic runs/situations leading to goals. Penalty area is stacked as hell.