1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

fesenko passes on rockets for jazz(2010)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by karthik.08, Sep 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well Utah was in luxury so an offer of 3M would make them blink. Can't believe we've put our hopes on the Dampier wagon. This the first decision of DM's I'm against...good thing its just Dampier and Fasenko lol.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The most the Rockets could offer was $2 mil a year, which might concern Utah, but hardly one they'd pass on given Okur's injury.

Also, if the 4 team Melo trade goes down, the salary savings should bring them under the tax number.

3. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

Because he becomes a free agent next year.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Houston must not have really wanted the guy, or believed they could get him, so he was last in line....

Once he is an UFA (next year) they may go at him harder.

Remember if you force Utah deeper into Lux tax land, they might do the same to you at a later date.

DD

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I agree.

How are we going to survive without festa...festivus....wait, who is this guy again?

6. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

So everything so far reported is correct. The money is on and the structural issues are what killed the deal. I'm really not at liberty to say what the structural issues were at this point, but maybe in the near future. I do think that Houston might have been stalling a bit as well because if the Melo/AK/Diaw trade goes down they would have more money to match so they were playing it pretty tight in negotiations. Business is business. I'm hoping Fes kills it over the next few months with Mehmet Okur out until January and he will be fully unrestricted next year so he can better negotiate with whomever. As I've stated before he really liked his visit so once Dampier goes to Portland, and Miller pans out, he can go to Houston. :)

Oh and by the way Nene lovers, Fes shut him down during the playoffs.

7. Carl Herrera

Yeah, good luck to Fes. Hope he gets minutes in Utah and shows what he can do. Whatever money he may or may not have lost for this contract will be chump change if he demonstrates himself to be a regular rotatio quality big and becomes a FA.

Not sure if you can talk about it, but I am guessing one issue might be a player option -- i.e. Houston wants to lock up Fes at $2 mil/year for 2 years (or have a team option for the 2nd year), but Fes probably wants to have the option to be a FA next offseason because he can be unrestricted and can command significantly more than $2 mil if he plays well.

Also, does being under an NBA contract affect a player's ability to play elsewhere in FIBA in case of a lockout? If so, I can see why a player would rather sign a 1 year deal than a 2 year deal given the CBA situation.

8. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

and no he couldn't play in Europe during the lockout if he is under contract here.

9. Carl Herrera

Thanks. That clears it up. Like I said, good luck to Fes. He has the smell of a Rocket and I wouldn't be shocked if Morey does sign/trade for him one day.

10. peterlake144

peterlake144 Member

Coincidentally, your insider knowledge beyond the food that may or may not have been eaten during a recruiting meal coincides with published accounts that without exception predate your reports. (my impression is verifiable through structural procedures that I'm not at liberty to discuss right now, maybe later!)

If your intention is to pretend you're a member of a NBA player's inner circle, consider choosing one with more standing in the league. Why limit yourself?

Too harsh? My apologies, but c'mon man...

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

damn the final piece to our puzzle decides to resign with the enemy! :mad:

12. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I know I am going to get flamed, but is it just me or is Morey a poor salesman, he couldnt convince Gortat to come, couldnt resign Artest, and now he cant recruit Fesenko or Dampier

I am just glad that he is at least one of the best at drafting players and ripping off other GMs

13. Carl Herrera

Not to mention the fact that Morey also failed to land Brad Miller, failed to land Trevor Ariza and failed to convince Scola to re-sign. By the way, did you see how unhappy Kevin Martin and Courtney Lee looked when they became Rockets?

1 person likes this.
  14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

1) Gortat became over priced.
    2) Didn't want to resign BVD Artest
    3) Fesenko wasn't offered a contract. He was a restricted FA that the Jazz would have matched after holding our money hostage for a week.
    4) Dampier is most likely going somewhere else but that's his choice.

Not a very good arguement on Morey's sales tactics. You could have added that we didn't get Bosh, Lebron, Wade or Melo. That would have been a stronger arguement than the one you made.

15. SunsRocketsfan

Not even if its Derron Williams?

16. go4jazz

go4jazz Member

Well, harsh or not to harsh, that is the question. Tis nobler to let you slide in your own ignorance. I gave a lot more information than just the food. I even told you to look at my id on jazzfanz.com etc. BUT if you are too lazy so be it. Not my problem. If you are simply trying to rip on Fes for being a friend or that he is a minor talent, that's your opinion which is fine, I don't really care. BTW how many Rocket's do you hang with on a regular basis? Here is a little something for you. I just twittered your screen name. Look up today's tweets by me and then tell me what you think.

17. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

18. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

twitter is a reliable source unless it is dealing with rap music.

19. peterlake144

peterlake144 Member

I remain unconvinced.

20. psingh34

psingh34 Member

why does he need to sign one of them?