1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fertitta gets it!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Apr 17, 2018.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

https://www.chron.com/sports/rocket...n&utm_medium=social&__twitter_impression=true

Gives the fans what they want, which he understands as a fan himself. The guy is a boss and already love him much more than Leslie - who granted refused to lose and put us in a position to win a 3rd one, but since his ego is bigger than the organisation and he never gave credit to the GM and former owner I couldn’t care less about him and his weird laugh and evil look.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Wha ??

If Tillman really wanted to do us fans a solid he'd

A. Find a way to make sure seats are filled ... aka not sell to corporations.

B. Dollar dogs and dollar beers

C. Improve the food wait time situation

This move is just cocky and arrogant

seeingredtx likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

ZzzZZZzzZZ

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Taking the trophies as if they are some personal reward is cocky and arrogant. I’ve never in my life, in any sport, heard of a team trophy being taken by an individual. Never! It’s either at the stadium, in a museum or some other public establishment related to the organisation.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

obviously you're not a business man. why sell dollar beers when people are willing to pay $9? also win championship if he wants to do us fans a solid. lay off the hotdogs. eat at home.

BallSoHarden, Game7, Coach E and 2 others like this.
  6. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

This is dumb. The tickets are already expensive, and the club seats/premium level seats (108 area) are even more expensive. A small amount of fans are actually willing to pay that much money for seats, so they sell those seats to corporations in exchange for sponsorship and whatnot. By doing this he's making the team better and giving them more money in their pocket, which makes the experience better for the fans. Dollar dogs and dollar beers have worked for the Atlanta teams, but now the Falcons and United don't sell single game tickets to combat the price drop from food. I do agree that the food wait time is an issue, but if you're a fan and the wait time for nachos is more important to you than team success, then don't be a sports fan.

MICHAEL W LAND likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

will wait for new uniforms next season because tilman gets it.

adw, Nick_713, Tonaaayyyy and 5 others like this.
  8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If they didn't sell season tickets to corporations, they would not sell as many season tickets. Season tickets are the backbone of ticket sales.

DudeWah and Invisible Fan like this.
  10. 523744

523744 Member

jerseys.

/thread

joeson332, adw, cdrive and 5 others like this.
  11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Hopefully we win it all this year and the city supports us . Houston supports winners . The astros didn't gain much traction until last year ...even though they made the playoffs two years before .

Tc looked like it was rocking alright for game 1 . I woulda been there but I had strep throat

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well this was necessary cause Les moved the trophies to his bathroom in Florida

J.R. and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. Agent94

Agent94 Member

I hear that entertainment if no longer a tax write off, so we might see less and less corporate season ticket sales.

OTMax likes this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Since Le$$ took the trophies does this put an asterisk on the Rockets championships?

Nick_713 and RasaqBoi like this.
  15. OTMax

OTMax Member

haha good one, but it takes time with the ridiculous league protocol and I rather he takes his time then rush introducing new jerseys. If we win the championship this year and he changes it, we’ll have to hear for the next 20+ years how we should go back to these ;)

Kam likes this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Put an asterisk on the owner

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

the only downside of winning this year is having our current jerseys become a "classic"
    would rather us win with the pinstripe dildos than these chinese ones.

Nick_713 and RasaqBoi like this.
  18. tobster

tobster Member

So why shouldn't an owner sell tickets to people/corporations that but at a very high price but don't fill their seat? Especially if those complaining about it are not willing to pay that price. A lot of factors go into why those seats are empty at the beginning of games.
    1. 7 PM starts are terrible for Houston because of traffic. Huge glut of people trying to get in the door usually 15 min before game time. Parking isn't too bad but there is time spent finding a spot or a lot. If the rails went all the way out to the suburbs I think it would be great for people spending more time in downtown on week nights.
    2. TONS of business is conducted at the games. Especially in the Club section bar areas. It is what it is. It's part of the experience that a lot of people really like.

I am a season ticket holder and I don't get annoyed by the empty seats. They get paid for and it helps our situation. I don't care what random "sports" personalities will say about our crowd. When the games count and are exciting the place is PACKED.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Tilman isn't going to stop selling the lower bowl to corporations. No sane owner would. He payed as much as he did for the team based on ticket sales. To even suggest it isn't realistic. It just isn't going to happen and shouldn't.

Dollar dogs and dollar beers? No, dollar beer would be a disaster and liability problem. Dollar dogs is possible for some games I suppose.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

When I met Laurel that was one of the first things she mentioned: the trophy heist.