1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Orlando-Cleveland Game 5. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Felton said Jeremy Lin has a target on his back.. ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by M4-Nightvision, Oct 19, 2012.

1. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Dolan prob got beat up by a PG in highschool.

2. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Felton is speaking the truth

3. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

That he's fat? The only truth is the Knicks gonna suck more than a donkey this year, and that's the only truth. Melo is going nowhere, and never will.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

the Lakers put a target on his back, end result, 38 points.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8iWWFk6TX18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Raven

Raven Member

Yao Ming had a target on his back, but he still excelled. There are no excuses. Lin needs to stop fawning for the media and stop smiling so damn much. Grinning is fine, scowling is fine, sneering is fine, but enough with the damn smiling. He must make it a point of pride to dominate, because his opponents are going to humiliate him if he doesn't. Lin is going to get Tebowed 82 times if he doesn't develop a mean streak.

6. ROF2012

ROF2012 Member

Lin usually performs better under pressure.

7. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Nothing Felton said was wrong, but he should just keep his mouth shut. Because he will be constantly compared to Lin's last season performance, and he will never be able to match that.

The Knicks will not do any better than last season, so Melo will get blamed since he is the biggest star. But as much as what we know about Melo, he will find a scapegoat, and Felton will be the easy target.

8. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

The only way for Lin to do what you said is either him getting married or getting a girlfriend, if he's as hard of a Christian as he says he is, then getting married is the only way this kid will develop to a real confident self.

9. Grigori

Grigori Member

Lin's had a target on his back for 20 games last season already, Mr. Obvious.

10. pnr

pnr Member

This makes no sense at all. Did you see him play last season?

11. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Of course, I did.
    Sometimes my lines do get misunderstood, but I'll rephrase. He played with confidence on the court and fed of the fans, and mainly coach DAT. But when you really watch his interviews, and the way he spoke, you can tell he's still a kid. Now let's take basketball aside and just talk about men. A man gains alot of confidence from the feminine side, and I really don't want to talk deep into it(there are kids here).

But do take this: The kind of confidence the family( moms, dads, etc) can give is limited, but love can do wonders for a human being, love can make a man feel invisible, those who really feel in love and get the support from his lover knows this feeling. When JL fells in love and gets married, that'll be a whole new Lin, speaking with confidence.

Until then, I really don't like his overused humbleness. He needs cockyness if you know what I'm saying.

12. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

It will be Amare. It's already starting.

13. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

He's the only one that's getting in Melo's way now.

14. allaroundplayer

Re: Morey wanted Gogi, not Lin

Carl Herrera, torocan:

What I am saying is their meetings and negotiations with Dragic were only a show. He was popular with fans. Just like talking to Eric Gordon was. It is for the sake fans perceive they are doing their job satisfactorily. However, the whole time Les Alexander was so hellbent to get Lin back, signing Dragic was not something Morey was ever going to do. He has to do what the team owner wants.

If it was up to Morey, he would have paid Dragic $10 million. That is how much Dragic wanted (which I thought was a fair price). Morey knew he could get $8 million from another team, and the Rockets set that price for other teams, so the fourth year player option was their excuse.

Les Alexander was extremely upset about losing Lin during Linsanity. Are you telling me he decided 2 weeks into free agency? “I have an idea, let’s sign Lin to an offer sheet.” He was so determined even with the slim chances of getting Lin (according to the Knick’s comments) and it costing the team Dragic and Lowry that he ordered Morey to sign Lin to an offer sheet way before that. The Rockets owner has a personality like the Knicks owner. You think that Morey would have done this if it wasn’t at the behest if the owner? Nobody thought the Knicks wouldn’t match even if the first offer sheet was $25 million. The Knicks owner got emotional because Lin increased the contract. Morey was just thinking what choice do I have, but to follow the owner’s wishes.

You say you believe Lowry was traded because he was not getting along with McHale, but the reason Morey gave for trading Lowry was because of a value of a first round pick. Yet you are believing what they would have you believe about the reason for not signing Dragic.

If this season the Rockets had Dragic, Lee, Parsons, Patterson, Asik as starters with D-Mo, Lamb, White and Jones off the bench that would easily be one of the most athletic and best defensive teams in the nba and also an incredible fast break team.

Rockets2K:

I did not post a link to the article because it is an Espn Insider article (won't work for most people). The full article was not already posted. Only half of the article was posted. I thought the paragraph I highlighted (which wasn't posted) should have its own thread. It’s a completely different subject than Felton’s comments about Lin.

15. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

I don't think Melo and Stat combo will work without going into analysis.

Look what Barkley said:

Charles Barkley sees big things happening in New York this season -- in Brooklyn. The TNT analyst and Hall Of Famer dubbed the Brooklyn Nets "the best team in New York," and predicts another frustrating year for the Carmelo Anthony-Amar'e Stoudemire experiment. "It's not going to work, and it's not going to click," Barkley said of the All-Star pairing. "I'm not a believer that a leopard can change its spots." The Knicks are 30-33 in the regular season when Stoudemire and Anthony are healthy and on the floor together. In the postseason, New York is 1-7 when they're together (Stoudemire missed Game 3 of last season's series with the Heat after he tore his hand open punching a fire extinguisher case).

Source: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/337579-barkley-stoudemire-anthony-will-fail-again

But if the Knicks management is persistent, it can be done in 2014/2015 with pain!

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

One of the top rules of this forum is to always post the link when you're quoting from an article. Doesn't matter if its free or subscription-based.

17. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

Its true. Jeremy Lin has alot of pressure on him to produce this year. The organization let go two very good point guards and gave Lin 30 million

18. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Lin's getting paid30 million a year, more then Williams? Yeah he better produce.:)

19. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

Wow, 25 million from Rockets, 5 million bonus from rockyrhode!

Are you a LOF, watch out tinman is watching!:grin::grin::grin:

1 person likes this.
  20. torocan

torocan Member

They gave Lin a 3 year, $25M contract, or $8.3M/year.

It's structured as $5m/$5m/$15m (poison pill contract) because the CBA prohibited the Rockets from paying Lin more than $5M/year in the first 2 years of his contract (year 3/4 in the NBA -- restricted RFA under Gilbert Arena's).

It is treated as $8.3M/year in terms of the Rockets' cap. He's basically being paid about the same as Dragic.