1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Felton said Jeremy Lin has a target on his back.. ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by M4-Nightvision, Oct 19, 2012.

1. mirus

mirus Member

knickstorm,torocan,felixng to name a few

2. carayip

carayip Member

Imagine the booing and cussing from the sellout MSG every time he had one of these games. Poor Felton. Kind of feel sorry for him... maybe not.

3. TheRookets

TheRookets Rookie

He's gonna have a Target on his back real soon when the league starts putting ads on jersies. :grin:

4. detso

detso Member

Is realgm having a meltdown because of this? It says too many connections.

5. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

He didn't say anything wrong and he was complimentary too. Lin has a target on his back. He did last season as well. Its to be expected given the amount of publicity he gets.

The same can be said for Felton too. Knicks fans will tear him apart if he does poorly. As a Knicks fan I would know how quickly they can go from praising a guy to tearing them limb from limb. Felton better get ready to be compared to Lin. If he performs poorer than Lin people won't be happy.

6. BrentStl

BrentStl Member

7. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

it's true what Fatty said. Lin does have a target on his back. everybody is going to go hard at him, especially Fatty. there's no reason for him to open his mouth unless stuffing cheeseburgers or hyping himself up. we've all seen what happens to when point guards makes it personal on the court, which results in 1) they get injured, 2) they score but their them loses, 3) they get embarrassed.

8. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

yep. realgm is full of knicks fans. they're crying right now

9. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

He didn't say anything wrong, just what everyone knows already. I don't think he seeked to talk about Lin, it's the stupid media who keep asking questions about Lin. They need to move on. Everyone does.

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

11. BrentStl

BrentStl Member

12. white-lite

white-lite Member

Man NYK.. why with all the hate..

13. VanityHalfBlack

Apparently he didn't watch his back against Lowry today...

14. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I like how the same day this article comes out the Knicks have a terrible game against the Raptors.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

I have been waiting for Lowry to come back. He was on fire today that buzzer beater at the half. Lowry manhandled Felton that is for sure.

16. Allegro

Allegro Member

True. However, Felton and Carmelo both played 34 minutes, so the Knicks weren't slacking off. It seems they really wanted to win and couldn't.

17. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

What Felton said wasn't bad but the article itself is a bash piece by CAA's Broussard. This is from the rest of the article:

"As his struggles this preseason might indicate, Houston could end up regretting the contract it gave him. League sources have told me the Rockets' basketball people were never as high on Lin as ownership. I'm told that Rockets owner Leslie Alexander really pushed for the Lin signing, much more than the basketball side of the organization.

Lin is a solid player, but I don't believe he's a future star and certainly not one deserving of all the hoopla he has generated. I hope it works out for Lin, but because he's limited -- and because of the super target on his back that Felton referred to -- I think he could be a disappointment.

Felton said that some of the league's point guards (and other players as well) were bothered by all the attention Lin got for his brief run."

New York and it's media cronies just can't seem to shut up about this supposedly mediocre player lol.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jeremy Lin has a target on his back. Raymond Felton has folds, creases and stretch marks on his.

19. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I don't think he said anything wrong. The idiotic editorializing by Broussard of Felton's quotes is what's nasty.

That said, Felton is just not as good as Lin, no matter how hard butt-hurt Knicks fans try to convince themselves that he is.

6 turnovers! And part of their rationale for Felton being a "better fit" than Lin is that they need someone to protect the rock. This is the guy who last year in Portland would have inexplicable turnovers in the 4th quarter by bouncing the ball off his foot.

1 person likes this.
  20. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

It's happening already, lol lol lol lol

Did I say I'm lol'ing?