1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Felton said Jeremy Lin has a target on his back.. ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by M4-Nightvision, Oct 19, 2012.

1. nono

nono Member

Mid season Lin will be balling and Felton will be shutting down buffets coast to coast.

2. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

see Deron Williams, what can he do with the NJ Nets last 2 years, let alone John Wall.

3. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I watched all the knicks preseason games and felton played not too bad, in fact exceeded my expectations, except that one game he has 7 TOs.

I always give him credit that he knows he has a big shoe to fill and did not say one bad word regarding JLin, unlike others.

4. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

It would be a tie game.....Over Time!!

5. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

There will be no war! You fight a war to win!

Sun Tzu considered war as a necessary evil that must be avoided whenever possible. It notes that "war is like fire; people who do not lay down their arms will die by their arms".

However, in basketball, we go into overtime! LMAOF

6. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

I was about to ask earlier (except I was in office so couldn't post ;)). I got 5 as well as you did.

7. sidestep

sidestep Member

More fun times by NY media:

Nets' Deron Williams: Knicks PG Felton will be better than Lin

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

9. torocan

torocan Member

I like how he put in the caveat "more proven" to cover his butt Just in case Lin turns out to be really good. And really, I don't think anyone expects that he would trash Felton given that Felton is a vet and they've known eachother for many years.

Honestly though, everyone has an opinion, and they're all over the map. Pro's, retired pro's, analysts, GM's, coaches, and fans.

How far apart are those that think Lin is a backup and those who think he'll be great?

In an interview THIS WEEK, Mark Cuban said he thinks Lin has the potential to become the next Steve Nash.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/10/11101.html/

The interview was done live, on CBS This Morning.

That's about as extreme on the Lin upside as it gets. I like Lin and I think his chance of being that good is pretty darn unlikely.

That said, Do I have any idea how good Lin will be? Not the slightest clue.

However, that guys like Hollinger, Bob Cousey, Magic Johnson and others think he can be good, very good, and potentially even Great at some point while others think he'll be below average, average, or at best a good Back up Point Guard makes the outcome as unpredictable as it gets.

I will say this, when the basketball community is as split as it is now over Lin, it makes me wonder what his cieling really is. I don't think he'll be as bad as people think. And I have no idea how good he CAN become over the next 2 or 3 years.

What I do know is there will be Lin threads and posts on this forum for as long as he's here, and maybe even after if he leaves...

10. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

Felton needs to chill out. Hopefully this **** doesn't get leaked to china or we might have a problem.