1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen]TMac Cautious, Out a Week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by docgundy, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes and yes. I've never heard of a player playing on something like an injured knee before. Never. This isn't game seven of the finals. Guys don't have to be Willis Reed in mid-season, and even Reed only scored a few baskets in the beginning of the game and had to leave.

Fact is, you guys are setting some insane standard of what a player should be. Neither Yao nor T-mac are soft. They are gritty fighters who are soft-SPOKEN.

In my book, they already are champions, it's the rest of the team that needs to get it together.

2. Pocket Rockets

tmac shouldnt have been so stubborn to try to play through this pain...hes not a rookie who has no idea what an injury is and how detrimental it could be to his career....

who the hell doesnt get an mri because they are afraid of how bad it could be? When did he think he would be able to fix the problem? in the offseason?

He should know better that his inconsistent playing time is causing the team harm. He is not smart at all.

As far as the other players needing to step up, how many players and years do we have to go through before we realize that maybe the supporting cast isnt the problem?

3. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Well, he's going to miss the tough back-to-back with Memphis Grizzlies and Toronto Raptors. That's 2 days.

But add it back to the hesitation he took for refusing a MRI, came in and out to aggravate his knee in a game with the Pistons (?) + the Christmas rest days, it cost himself > 10 days for taking complete rest.

4. bucket

bucket Member

People need to relax. To those saying TMac should try to play through this injury: he already did. It didn't work. Sitting out is the right thing to do, unless he wants to be the next Stevie.

5. irlu

irlu Member

yeah, it's very sad to be yao's teammate sometimes. when the team win, it's it's all due to yao. but when the team lose ,you have to take the responsibility. :mad:

6. seaweed

seaweed Member

Sounds like good news to me. Rockets have enough weapons even without him. The only thing we need is just the chance to find the right way to use them. And now is the chance. I don't care whether we lose several more games. As long as we can find the way, we will catch up. Infact, the Nuggets' game was a good start. But Tmac's returning ruined everything. He performed well in the Bulls' game, but also drew the whole team back to the old tempo. Thus, when he quit again the next game, we were doomed, again. Now, we need to start again.
    I'm not saying the team will be better without Tmac. With a HEALTHY Tmac, we are the strongest. But the fact is, Tmac's health is not that good anymore. He probabally will be in and out a lot in the future. And sometime, even if he is on the court, how much he brings to the team is still questionable due to his injuries. So we need to find a way to win without him.
    I hope when Tmac return the next time, he will be really ready. The team need him as an 100% star-level player, not some guy always quit unexpectedly.

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

What fans tend to remember is that Yao sat out with a broken leg but played even though he lost a toenail. The same fans don't perceive that toughness in T-Mc and perhaps that's why he is not getting a lot of sympathy.

8. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

How dare you bring any logic or common sense into this thread....

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

if he can't go, then it's better he sit out. we looked fine against Denver without him.

10. rocketshopeful

similar to how Yao did not let anyone know how bad his toe was bothering him, right pryuen? Should'nt have Yao took the immediate action to get his Toe addressed quickly rather then letting it hinder him while playing? Criticism is fine, just apply it fairly and evenly. Your way too biased sometimes.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We are talking about a bruise here, nothing more, a BRUISE.....

Sure it is going to be a little sore, but it will not get worse by playing on it.

I can't believe that he is going to sit out to rehab a ****ING bruise.

The guy is softer than Jon Koncak's right butt cheek.

DD

12. hermbob

hermbob Rookie

I'm actually looking forward to this with him out...it'll be interesting because it's pretty much make or break time for the rockets.

13. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

A "bruise," as you say, will NOT come up as tendinous inflammation on an MRI. Stop talking out of your ass when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. It's a SPRAIN.

14. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Errr, we lost that game, but I get your point.

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Rockets Shake Off Drexler Injury

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-4314437.html

Date: December 20, 1995

Drexler was carried off the court on a stretcher early in the second period after colliding with Phoenix forward Charles Barkley. Drexler's injury, which required a trip to a hospital, was diagnosed as a deep bruise, and his playing status was listed as day-to-day.

Clyde Drexler - 1995-1996 Season Game-by-Game Stats
    http://clutchfans.net/players/clyde_drexler/?gamebygame&season=1996

12/21/95 Blazers W 91-86 DID NOT PLAY
    12/23/95 @ Spurs L 95-110 DID NOT PLAY
    12/25/95 @ Magic L 90-92 DID NOT PLAY
    12/26/95 Grizzlies W 100-84 DID NOT PLAY
    12/28/95 Nets W 97-82 DID NOT PLAY
    12/30/95 @ Mavericks W 105-102 DID NOT PLAY
    1/2/96 @ TWolves W 105-100 DID NOT PLAY
    1/3/96 @ Bulls L 86-100 DID NOT PLAY

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Dang, that Clyde guy was soft. He should have just sucked it up and play. BTW "Glide" sounds like a girl's name. ;)

17. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

A chance to see how these Rockets play without him, I'm looking forward too it.

To Mcgrady: Take your time heal yourself physically and mentality. IMO this is your last chance to prove yourself. You only get so many chances, Mr. It's on me!

If we can't get equal trade value, then what is your true trade value? I'd take a couple of players with less talent and more heart, and throw in a draft pick or two.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How can you say that, when there's clearly evidence to the contrary. He aggravated his knee on a routine dunk in Detroit.

19. McGradySNKT

McGradySNKT Contributing Member

I wonder what your opinion was at this time

20. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Deleted.

#80 Chilly_Pete, Dec 28, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2007