1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen]TMac Cautious, Out a Week

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by docgundy, Dec 27, 2007.

1. docgundy

docgundy Member

First the news: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/5405713.html

I have some problems with this. As Feigen said, the MRI was good news. I expected Tracy to maybe miss Friday and Saturday with the extended break, but I guess he wants to miss longer. You better hope he's back to his old self when he returns now. Otherwise, I'd be damned to be fed up with his play.

Now to Feigen's commentary on his blog: http://blogs.chron.com/nba/2007/12/mcgrady_ill_probably_be_out_a.html

Feigen comments on what I had a problem with earlier in this post.

2. docgundy

docgundy Member

sorry for the clutter at the top of the article

3. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i dont want to sound like an ass (only tmac, after all, knows how much it really hurts) but when the season is on the brink then tmac needs to frickin suck it up. i love him but he is doing nothing to shed the 'soft' image he has. im so sick of him getting hurt with these minor injuries...every casual fan knows tmac is a bit of a puss, but a week? at this point? come on man. guys play hurt every day.

tmac is the anti brett favre. it hurts to read this kind of news every season. oh well.

thanks for posting man.

4. FFz

FFz Member

maybe he needs to spend less time at camp chiwawawa or whatever and man up. Anyone still have that link?

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

he will probably miss 2 games, maybe 3. We can beat Memphis and Toronto without him, but Goldenstate is a sure loss without him(perhaps even w/him ). He SHOULD make it a point to be back for the Celtics game on Jan. 2nd. If we don't have him for the Celts game, it could be quite embarrassing for us.

Best case would be a return for the G.State game to get some pt before the celtics game

Rest up and let's roll.........

Jello, he is just guessing :rolleyes:

6. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

Merry Christmas everyone!

7. Rock_Johnson

Rock_Johnson Rookie

I think I have to correct you something. from the recent observations, we play tougher without him and we have more chances to win. His absence is a totally good news for us. Just forget about the "Rockets' glass".

8. YaoYi

YaoYi Member

it's time for Bonzi and Scola to step up big time and win some for the Gipper ...

let's not diss TMac. he's hurt, he needs time to recuperate.

9. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Anyone who thinks the Rockets have a better chance to win without McGrady has clearly been asleep at the wheel.

10. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

thanks for the post lol im curious to see how well rafer shoots the ball when his game is raised up two notches :D :D :D :D

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well, this is another chance to see if Yao can actually lead his team to victory without T-Mac.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Adelman can't lead this team anywhere with anybody. So we can't even technically get that far...

13. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

I guess he ll be back when we are opposed against a weak contender? :p

joke a outrageouse joke...

Anyway, the sooner we get used to his absence for our 'current team', the better it will be for us to get stronger on the offense. I will be expecting the following games~~~~must be some games worthy to watch.

Go Rox.

14. poprocks

poprocks Member

We Want Steve!!!

Time for Francis to step it up!

15. brush

brush Contributing Member

Tmac should stay at home as long as he likes. Rockets play worse if he only plays half a game as usual.

16. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Great, here comes a 4 game losing streak. :(

*add that to our current one. :eek:

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Real question is, can he step it up? I don't know how many chances can Steve get but here's another one. And we still don't know if he will get any significant minutes to contribute. Now with T-Mac out he should get some time but with Brooks in the lineup, Him or james, even both might not get to play.

18. tsunami

tsunami Member

He is not the old Steve any more. He has lost his speed, explosiveness, and even his touch. So forget him.

19. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

well yao had enough chances. he can't get it done. he needs either tmac or his $20 mil replacement. even yao fans admit that.

20. tsunami

tsunami Member

So tell me why TMAC wants to quit Orlando Magic when he knew that Hill could not be the old Hill any more? By the way Hill earned even much less than $20Million then.