1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets want Melo off the bench, may sign with Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 10, 2018.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

He wants to win but he also wants to start which is why I think he will sign with Miami.

saleem likes this.
  2. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Wait what?

Because that dude speculate he has to come off the bench in Houston and everyone ran with it as the Rockets telling him he has to come off the bench?

There’s no one currently on the roster that moves him to the bench honestly I just don’t see it. Besides MDA rotates his guns well and plays a short rotation so the minutes will be there.

RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  3. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Feigen only reports what the Rockets want him to report. If he says he's coming off the bench, then he's coming off the bench for sure.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  4. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

He has to score as much as he can to maximize his next contract. I bet his wife would prefer he live in Miami over Houston too. Bet he picks Miami.

ashleyem likes this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Maybe it's naivete but I think if the Rockets "suggested" to Melo that he's better coming off then bench then that means we have someone coming in that is better, overall, as the starting SF. Maybe we will hit the L(Otto)....

jch1911, clutchdabear and finsraider like this.
  6. sogood.

sogood. Member

His first choice was probably to go play with LeBron but supposedly Lakers had no interest so it's down to Miami and us. Let's see if he's more about winning or lifestyle.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Melo's new math.

8. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm not a Melo fan, but I can't get snarky on an a star who refuses to accept his decline. People forget that Hakeem went to Toronto.

jch1911, DonKnock and dc rock like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Decline? He really wasnt that high to begin with.

What has he accomplished in his career?

What spoke volume about his priorities was his tenure ship in New York.

#269 Zboy, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    YOLO likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is profoundly false for anyone that has followed JFeig in the last two weeks, when the Rockets essentially reprimended him publicly on Twitter.

Pay attention.

lionaire and RyanB like this.
  11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I guess Eric Gordon.

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Why bother guessing at what Melo may be thinking when he told everyone himself his thoughts just a few months ago.

On his role, ie... catch and shoot, floor spacer stretch four.
    "I don't think I can be effective as that type of player," Anthony said. "I think I was willing to accept that challenge in that role, but I think I bring a little bit more to the game as far as being more knowledgeable and what I still can do as a basketball player."

Anthony also made it clear he would not be accepting of a bench role.
    "I'm not sacrificing no bench role," "So that's out of the question."

Imagine the problems with Dwight Howard in 2015-16, not accepting a certain play style or role, now imagine that player is not only older, past his prime, more selfish, with a bigger ego and even more unwilling to see beyond his own delusions of grandeur.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, I really do think JFeig was BS'ing some of this article.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not true his first and last choice is Houston. Melo isn't going to the Lakers because like okc they are starting something new and there's too many question marks. Melo doesn't want to have to work too hard for Pat Riley either.

15. basketballholic

We shouldn't get cute here. Let him start at the 4 and play some small ball 5. He's still got plenty in the tank.

When the Thunder moved the basketball, Melo looked great. When Westbrook ball hogged, Melo looked terrible. He's got plenty left. Still one of the sweetest shooters I've ever seen. And still fine defensively at the 4/5.

Don't be stupid here. Start him at the 4.

jch1911, Cash Cam, htxaf and 2 others like this.
  16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

thread title a bit misleading? the article reads more like an opinion, as how Melo should be used. Not necessarily the rockets saying they want Melo to come off the bench.

i don't think they should rule out either. we don't know how he fits yet.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Someone with competitive spirit wouldn't look as disinterested as Melo did last season. Paul George didn't look very good playing with Westbrook. But at least he tried. Melo just stood there when he knew he wouldn't get the ball. Same thing on the defensive end.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

My god that highlight video, man if he wants to play here, he has to know he can never shoot those long fadeway/one dribble pull up 2s ever again. Sheesh, even when they go in I'm just like.....thats a bad shot.

19. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

To think at one point in their career melo and LeBron were neck and neck. Years later LeBron has multiple rings and finals appearances, yet melo is the stubborn and ego maniac bich. Dude is barely starter material and can't accept it.

Lurch likes this.
  20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

do you guys think it would be smart to try to get involve in trading melo here and sending ryno to a 3rd team. Okc and us give 1 pick each to send to the team eating ryno’s contract. That way we get ryno contract off a year earlier and we have melo’s bird rights if he does well in our system (not sure if that’s accurate) and we still have our full mle intact