1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets seriously considering Silas with Hollins as top Assistant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, May 20, 2016.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Prob was the plan all along....
    just leak that's its MDA and have folks lose their minds - then nobody will b**** when we roll with the combo - lol.

2. Garner

Garner Member

arrogant?

3. anchel

anchel Member

Still Woj says D'Antoni is the frontrunner.

4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'll admit I don't know much about Silas aside from his resume which is impressive. But one thing I do like about him vs D'Antoni is his relative age. Not only could he better relate and communicate with the players, but he could preside over a rebuilding project if it comes to that. Anyone believe D'Antoni at age 65 would be up for that?

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Okay, maybe I threw that in there unfairly. I'll remove it.

The rest......keep.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

We haven't had a coach under .500 since 1983.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Would have been a really clever move to get the fans to embrace an unknown as the new coach...by first planting some news of a clearly unfit guy for the job being the leading candidate ;).

So clever, that Daryl guy ;).

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Why go through this lengthy and tedious hiring process only to wind up with a head coach who possesses such serious deficiencies on one side of the ball that they have to be addressed by his staff? Exactly, how is that a recipe for success and didn't we just do the same thing with McHale? If you follow this line of thought, then their ultimate chance for success will lie not with the guy you hired to be in charge but with one of his subordinates. That is just a backward way of going about this if you ask me. The coaches you point are successful because their teams are executing their vision and not that of their assistants.

9. ibm

ibm Member

aint working for me. i still want gundy. :p

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Morey should threaten Leslie and tell him: hire this combo, if they fail this year, I will leave and if you take D'antoni, here's my resignation.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BTW, Harden does have a relationship with Hollins. They are the top two lefthanded, bearded shooting guards from Arizona State.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/733708133315436544">May 20, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Silas and obrien both went to brown

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Please God let us turn down dantoni

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't see how a rookie head coach can be a good thing with this roster at this point. People are seriously just taking a anybody but MDA stance at this point.

I get that MDA was a Le$ move, big name offensive coach that he's liked for years... but why Silas a rookie from the Hornets... why wouldn't Les consider JVG, Messina, Hollins or even Mark Jackson over a no name rookie?

I guess people really like Hollins as the assistant and the potential of a young coach... I do too, but I believe this team really needs an experienced coach, I'm hoping Hollins will be playing a big role next to Silas.

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Crush City Mayne, Crush Crush City Mayne, Crush City, Mayne, Crush Crush City Mayne!

16. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Thing about Silas is he has coached and worked with players in a multiple styles (GS and CLE) and systems. Got to have that versatility to coach to your players strengths. D'Antoni hasn't proved he can do that. These days your coach has to be able to do that.

17. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Can somebody even tell me why Silas is qualified to run this team? What are his strengths?

That he worked with LeBron and Curry? Wow...how far the mighty have fallen

18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

What a snarky piece of ****!

Go back to Dallas Calvin!

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It doesn't matter at this point. We aren't choosing between Silas and JVG or Vogel. We are choosing between Silas and Pringles. Anybody is better than Pringles.

20. opticon

opticon Member

I Support Silas/Hollins

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rZHwGnGrm_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>