1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets seriously considering Silas with Hollins as top Assistant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, May 20, 2016.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

And I don't know why there isn't any talk of him staying put.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Bud isn't just the head coach, he is the President of Basketball Operations.... the only people he has to answer to is the group of owners.

It would be shocking if he left Atlanta, and the only way he would come to Houston would be if he received a similar position as what he had in Atlanta, which would make Morey a figure head if not outright dismissed. That isn't likely.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't know...maybe he's just talking with the ownership to see if they're on the same page but, even if that's correct, how much time they need? Seems a bit strange honestly, they went out of the playoff when? 3 weeks ago?

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Missing out on Silas is something I'm willing to do if there is even a chance we can get bud.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

But isn't he the PoBO only cause Ferry got fired and at the time there was basically no ownership? Not sure this is right but i kinda remember this situation...

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I could be wrong but I think bud wasn't given that title until ferry left so when he first signed I don't think he was given that title. It wasn't until dwert left when bud got that title.

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Beat me to it.

8. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Kevin Ollie maybe?

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

BILL LAIMBEER PLEASE!

10. malakas

malakas Member

He was given the title and for a whole year and a half after Ferry was stripped of his power he is the one who has been making every decision. And turns out even though at first it looked not good, that he did a good job.

So forget about Bud. We can't even compare to what Atlanta can offer him right now.

11. htown1984

htown1984 Member

lol James Borrego is also getting a second interview, this time with Les alexander..

This is getting ridiculous pathetic

12. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Wouldn't mind Borrego.

Name seems cool!

13. Harden's beard

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kerr confirmed that he met with potential assistant-coach hire Stephen Silas yesterday.</p>&mdash; Tim Kawakami (@timkawakami) <a href="https://twitter.com/timkawakami/status/735166403511128065">May 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

[​IMG]

15. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Would be something if Warriors are throwing the series away against OKC... If they win and go to the finals, Silas comes to Houston... If they lose, Kerr gets Silas.

Things that make you go hmmm... Lol.

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

:rolleyes:
    With that embarrassing PR campaign they went on calling for Cramond's F1 to be rescinded I highly doubt they're throwing anything

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That makes zero sense

18. rockets13champs

Why would u waste a 73 win season just for a hot assistant coach? Thats blasphemous -stephen a smith

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You sir win the Ken M. award. You should be proud.

20. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Well, in spite of us. I mean, before we even considered Silas, you never heard of Golden State acquiring him. Not even remotely pitching ANYTHING to him. Sure, there could have been internal talks within the organization. Then, when they get eliminated, it would give them the upper hand in getting their top assistant in Silas. Otherwise, it would look to Silas like they don't need him in route to a championship. Luke Walton isn't all that. Even with the fast start they had when Kerr was out.Give me a break. Bet he couldn't even do that with the Lakers next year.

However, whether they get eliminated or not, if Kerr decided to step down then that's a whole new ballgame.