1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets optimistic about trade this time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 30, 2019.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Rockets don't typically make a splash at the deadline. Morey usually does those deals in the offseason. Let's see what happens in the next 8 days or so

BasketMAD, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I hear Carmelo Anthony is available.

3. MONON

MONON Member

JayMicheal Green is taller than 6-8. He's 6-9!!!

BaselineFade and lionaire like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not buying the “don’t care” about dumping Knight part. Sounds like the Rockets are setting the bar low
    on that due to lack of interest from other teams.

How about a Green-Green-House effect? Let’s do it

D-rock, saleem and hakeem94 like this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

The problem with Knight is that 1st rounders are basically the last assets we have, if only to dump him one or two are required well, it's really not worth it, just like it wasn't worth it with Anderson.

mikol13 likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not all excited about this Green guy. I say go bigger, more star power. Aim higher. Don't settle. Make it happen before the deadline. Enough of the mediocre madness, get the best. Just Do It!!!

D-rock, BasketMAD, saleem and 2 others like this.
  7. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Houston is going to end up with an end of the bench player.
    Morey will come out for his press conference and make some BS excuse about how “we were close but never ever developed” type crap.
    Meanwhile LA will trade for AD and all it would have taken is a young player, filler, and a couple picks.
    All I know is that Houston seems to always have to give up the kitchen sink when trying to acquire talent while other teams seem to only have to give up a few scrubs.

Richie_Rich, Smacktle, 1Deep and 7 others like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

we will get another jordan hamilton
    and someone will get anthony davis for a high pick and a young prospect

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, I hear ya there. It is so easy to take these hopes and rumors with a grain of salt. Durant, LeBron, DeAndre Jordan, etc... all turned us down. AD would be a dream, but that's all it will ever be I feel. Guys like that just don't come here. Who knows, maybe they don't want to share the spotlight with Harden, when he takes all the shots. Maybe they don't want to come live in Houston, with floods, tropical storms, and hurricanes. Maybe the owners of other teams just like playing hardball with us because they can. Maybe we simply don't offer enough to make it worth anybody's attention.

All I do know is that I have nothing against our guys personally, but man, we could really use a star defensive player who will instantly make us a much better team. I'm just so tired of hoping for more than some guy I never heard of or hoping we finally get somebody who doesn't shoot hot to cold in the extremes like our temperatures change in Houston during any given day of winter.

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

The Ears sound good here, too.

Lots of Memphis whispers, Charlotte and yeah, the FreeBirds I keep below.

JGreen is available for the right/firesale price. Beandip wants in to move up, but it'll cost them Jaylen.

Don't underestimate the rebuild option for a few teams. Expirings and picks.

The #DecreaseTheDrop has happened slowly...now it's time to go in for the kill.

What do the Rockets need? A legit starting 3-D player, bench depth and size. Taj and Dougie Buckets in the past would have been a nice look. Sim. scenario, diff players.

I hear more about Beal and Gasol/Overpaid Guard being moved than The Brow.

My only concern with Morey is, if you include Gordon in any trade, you're not going to get equal value elsewhere, unless you get Bradley.

Anyway, Ears know Harden's window is open, but not forever, so the trigger will be pulled if and when "the one" is available.

When I talked the Jordan Hamilton trade as the "golden penny" just before the deadline, many were disappointed. I get it. BUT....he did give depth, and that's what we lack with the injury bug, and, well, while healthy.

Plenty of guys want a new situation. Austin and Manimal are showing other FreeBirds that you can fit in with MDA and Houston. That's a good thing.

Guys want to play here because the offense is fun and the team chemistry is strong.

So, again, how much of that good stuff to you tweak?

Do you revisit the past? (ear)

Or do you go forward?

Fun times ....

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Besides Harden, every Rockets player is tradable.

Plus,.I also dont mind we trade Mike Dantoni.

whiskeyred and hakeem94 like this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Go for Vonleh and Bullock. Stop chasing " perfect fits".

ApacheWarrior and hakeem94 like this.
  13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

at this point I'd keep knight. its not worth spending a pick or more to turn him into tax savings. over the summer as an ending contract he would be a neutral asset that can be used with a pick to get a good player. tldr; knight/pick now gets you tax savings, knight/pick over the summer gets you a starter.

my targets using Chriss/ennis/nene/hart/picks would be: m.morris (bos), j.green (mem), t.maker, j.green (was), j.randle, t.prince, w.ellington, j.brown

I have a good feeling that not every buyer at the deadline will be able to offer about $7M in expirings and a pick. I'm sure our offer will be the best one for at least one of these players.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

would tobias harris make for a feel good trade ?

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

please be talking about Aaron Gordon

D-rock and matchesmalone like this.
  16. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Green is just one piece. But he would be a good one. 6’9 with a 7’3 wingspan. He solves our rebounding issues at the 4 spot. He also finishes well around the basket. His 3 point shooting is up to par. You can play him at the 3 or the 4. I’ve always liked his aggression. He helps in multiple areas in both ends of the court. He starts immediately for the Rockets imo.

I’m hopeful that Morey can find a way to get at least 2 players if not 3. It’s the only way we can put up a fight with GS. Another wing could be possible if the right teams are involved. I think Morey is desperate to right this ship under his watch. Normally I’m as pessimistic as most when the trade deadline approaches, but this year feels different. What if Green and Butler are possible? You may get your star player and one heck of a role player.

This is Where Morey earns his money. If he is as good as advertised then it’s time to prove it. I’m very hopeful.

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Jaymichael Green is a very solid player that I think would be great here. I think he'd be a great pick up.

JVL713 and BaselineFade like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Came here to post this. ↑

[​IMG]

tc0330 and deb4rockets like this.
  19. cur.ve

cur.ve Contributing Member

Soo... Tucker undersized not cutting it?

20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

dEDMON