1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets not expect to seek major free agent moves; short term contracts only

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Before the end of the day, we will probably end up with Ryan bad back, no defense Anderson, and NO will get their pick back plus Asik.

2. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Blame Bosh.. You know Lin was going to be Gone and Asik... Parsons and Ariza is a Wash.. add some depth.. team options... let's roll eff it.. yall think it's Morey's fault? Melo went back to the knicks Bosh went back to the Heat.. Lowry went back to the Raptors.. Lebron went Home.. Yall act like other teams winning.. look at the Bulls, Lakers, No one got anything.. we got rid of the poison pills and Parsons was ready to leave and lick out Lin.. Im glad they're gone just hold on to the N.O. pick we good... fu*k being strapped for cash and we can't sign someone cause we got desperate for one year... :eek:

3. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Parsons' annual salary would have been less than Harden's. I'm greatly annoyed bc I think Les and Morey talk a big game about championships, but in action, have cared more about $$$, and hoped championships would come along the way.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People b**** and moan now but this was the same attitude that landed us Harden and Dwight.

5. JJHardLin

JJHardLin Member

Bring back Scott Padgett

1 person likes this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. The team (morey and Les) basically quit on us...did you not read the statement from Feign?

7. YaBoy

YaBoy Member

Shut up. Parson is not as good as y'all are making him. Now with Parsons two years in a row we got put out in the 1st round. Didn't Lillard leave him in that dirt to hit the game winner? Parsons did 2 good thangs in the playoffs.
    1. Hit the layup to put us up 2 in game 6
    2. Foul out so Troy Daniels can hit the game winner in game 3
    So stop it with the we should've signed him fa what he's not worth. He just as bad as Harden in the playoffs. Smh

8. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

if we can get mike miller, i'll be okay..

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Whatever happened to building a team and giving them time to grow?

I'm so damn sick and tired of the constant turnover in player personnel. Morey doesn't think Dwight, Harden and Parsons would bring us a championship? Well you didn't even let them try! One damn year together and you throw it away. And for what? So you can try, in vain, to get a third star in the future. By the time that happens Dwight is gone.

10. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

Congrats Morey

11. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

We get Alonzo Gee .....it's the news I've been waiting for all day:mad:

12. soonerfan7277

soonerfan7277 Member

We expect him to build the roster to compete for a championship. I don't want to hear that we aren't going to win a championship this year. I don't want hear it, that is complete crap. A true competitor never sells himself short of being the best, no matter what. How do you think DH12 feels hearing this from his GM? How do you think Harden feels? Why do we need flexibility for? Our window. Is now, not a year from now. Let's trade Howard and Harden and blow this up. I mean we aren't winning the championship this year. Might as well trade all of our assets as well. God job morey, I know in my heart you will not win GM of the year this season

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh golly! That's setting the world on fire, Morey!

14. Believe

Believe Contributing Member

Had Parsons for less than a million... Really??? I'm sure Morey has a crock pot full of crap stew brewing up to feed the masses.

15. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>BIG night for Chandler Parsons. ESPN has learned Parsons will be added to Team USA roster announced Monday by USA Basketball</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/488454704314466306">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gut punch... Woulda been proud of a Rocket on the USA squad. Now it's a Maverick...

16. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

This. + Plus, lets bring Scott Brooks back to play some Guard off the bench for us. That way we could play the KD/Brooks angle if he were to become available.

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Morey needs to go... This was unacceptable. All this talk about opting out of parsons contract to avoid letting him walk next season and we do it a year early when we didn't have to.

18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I was wonder why he wasn't already on there. Good move.

19. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

You guys are reaching. I don't get why it is so difficult to understand that the Rockets is still very competitive.

1. Ariza fills 70% or what Parsons offensively and 150% of Parsons defensively. The Rockets needs defense and not offense. It is more like a trade for better fit. Covington and Daniels filling in will be much better than we think. We'll shoot even more 3s.
    - NOT MUCH LOSS COMPARED TO LAST YEAR.

2. Rockets lost Asik and Lin. Honestly, this is the toughest part because it will be hard to replace their raw talent (elite rim protection and elite driving to them rim & supposedly elite pick and roll). However, the Rockets can find MUCH BETTER FIT using their 10M on short contracts (2 year, team option after 1 year).
    - NOT MUCH expected LOSS COMPARED TO LAST YEAR

3. Daniels, DMo, Jones, PBev, Harden will be better. And we have Covington, Canaan, Nick Johnson, etc. I expect at least one of them to be productive.
    - GAIN COMPARED TO LAST YEAR

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

How long is it until Howard can opt out to play with chandler in Dallas?

I hate today!