1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets looking to make a trade sooner rather than later

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Nov 19, 2014.

1. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

lol. God I love this place

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Feigan is writing to the fans mostly because that's primarily his audience & was purposeful in tempering fans expectations on guys like Millsap, but the Rockets purpose could be to branch the news out to whatever GM's might be listening. Here is your chance to unload a player and take back no salary. Create more intrigue and dialog around the league to expedite a deal.

I don't think there is one simple audience for a piece like this, but there is perception that will be characterized if Feigan keeps the info more open-ended. The items talked about, and the players mentioned in this context can put the whole "Morey chasing stars" put to rest fairly easily.

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Morey does value depth. Just as long as it doesn't prevent him from chasing that third star player.

4. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

They will lose the Lakers pick this year if its top 5.

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

It takes time. Teams may be shopping players now or in a month or two who weren't available during the offseason. This reminds me of the situation the Rockets were in early on in the 2004-05 season after they gutted the team to get T-Mac and had to take on Tyronn Lue and Juwan Howard. They had serious problems scoring early on and looked awful out there before they were able to land Mike James and Jon Barry in trades.

The good news is we sit at 9-2 right now despite the early struggles whereas that team started off 6-11.

1 person likes this.
  6. rocketsmetalspd

On or before December 15th = Soon :grin:

7. delishman

delishman Member

8. basketballholic

Some of the names I'm thinking about besides Brewer are:

Arron Afflalo
    Ersan Ilyasova
    Brandon Bass
    Tayshaun Prince
    Amir Johnson
    Derrick Williams
    Luc Mbah A Moute
    Gerald Green
    Jonas Jerebko
    Mo Williams

Jerebko, Green, Mo Williams, and Mbah A Moute are low enough salaries that 2 of them could be merged or one of them merged with Brewer. This would necessitate cutting one player (Black) and sending out another in the trade (Dorsey hopefully) and would leave us with DMo/Terrence backing up Dwight until the next move(s).

9. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I like Rondo too but I don't think he'd fit well next to Harden. Rondo's excellent play making abilities wouldn't be maximized when you already have Harden doing a good job of that. Also, Rondo's lack of an outside shot will hurt our offensive flow. Dragic would fit perfect with his outside shooting/driving abilities. Plus we would have a lefty backcourt.

10. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Playmaker off the bench needed above all else right now. Dragic would be great, but unrealistic without giving up one of our big 3 I would think.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I would be super happy to have him here, and my fantasy team would be super happy to have Bledsoe back in a primary role....

12. hakeemthagreat

You're right. It does take time. Where we disagree is the window. We passed up on alot of veterans that could've filled out our bench this past offseason. Now what's the plan? Waiting on other players to become available? What happens if those players aren't available? Now we're forced to waste another year, with 2 stars who'll eventually become disgruntled and possibly request to be moved. I wish Morey would've been as aggressive as Cuban this offseason. We are 9-2, but we still have the same coach, we're still jacking up 3's, and we're still playing ISO ball down the stretch of games. We absolutely have to have a successful year this year

13. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Looks like Cyberx was on point again. Posted the Bargs for Lin TPE rumor and story pops up from Feigan that we may look to use the trade exception earlier rather than later.

Our options for a straight up trade aren't going to be that great though.

14. Remlap

Remlap Member

9 - 2 is not considered successful?

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Isn't this Deja Vu like last year's Asik trade? Morey is actively exploring the market as always. I'd be surprised not seeing such news this time of the year.

Les got rich as a trader, and he's managing the team as a trader...for better ot worse.

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Over/under 50 pages?

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I'm not sure how much trading Dragic would help Bledsoe. Dragic's minutes would be replaced by super high usage guys like Green and Thomas.

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Not when wins have come from terrible competition and losses are from top teams in the west (GSW, MEM)

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Uh, we did get a veteran. His name is Jason Terry. Could we use a few more? Absolutely. But it's still November. There's plenty of time to add additional pieces to the roster.