1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets looking to make a trade sooner rather than later

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by redhotrox, Nov 19, 2014.

1. The Stig

The Stig Member

Millsap and Teague. Find a way to fleece the Hawks, Morey!

2. Textroets

Textroets Member

No, he never said that.

3. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I'd love to trade for Dragic so we can resign him in the offseason... or set up our cap situation to sign him in the offseason.

4. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

5. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Need a power forward and 1 legit back up center over any back court option.

The west has a lot of teams with good/great 4 5 tandems. I think to be true contenders we at least need a power forward who has a defensive mind set ( doesn't need to be great at scoring).

We shoot 3 's. Sometimes they go in and sometimes they dont(water is wet) but when they are not going in, the last thing we need is the other team making easy buckets from their 4 and 5 postions.

6. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

My sauces sold Gogi a Dynax TV recently. Can confirm he will entertain signing with the Rockets.

7. Textroets

Textroets Member

So basically you just want Dragic. Rondo would be a better fit for this team imo.

8. FanSince93

FanSince93 Member

The Mouthpiece of the organization has spoken.;)

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Related to nothing, I wonder how much Feigen makes. Sweet job.

10. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

it doesn't but the information is cited from a source and provides the lakers and rockets as potential destinations. The between the lines is that the source is obviously from Gogi's camp and is submitting a max destination and a viable alternative as leverage to get what he wants. Either to be traded or for them to trade one of the pg's from the team.

11. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

The probably won't give up Teague, but I do like Schroder.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Since when is a NBA beat-writer who travels with the team a "casual sports writer."

Feigen actually explained it accurately in that article. I find he's one the best beat-writers wrt explaining the CBA.

"By using their trade exception from the Lin deal, the Rockets would technically be completing that trade, potentially offering only draft picks rather than players in a deal." -- Feigen​

Yeah, call me a Feigen fan, apologist or even a FOF among beat writer fans. :)

13. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

actually i believe they would be more likely to give up Teague than Schroder. I here they like him alot in ATL plus he's younger and cheap.

14. Raven

Raven Member

The Rockets see what we see, a golden opportunity to take advantage of the Thunder's misfortune. Yeah, there are other WC powerhouses, but the temp removal of one of them makes it a lot more tempting to not patiently play the vulture but to get something done asap.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Didn't know that. Well if that's the case, then maybe so. Schroder seems to have quite the upside.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Aside from signing Gerald Green and Steve Francis in the past I don't think the staff involved with transactions cares all that much about the fans... we could still very easily maintain the flexibility to go after players at the deadline.

17. pass_to_Hakeem

I agree. Goran likes to score , he likes to shoot a lot. I don't see hôw that would work with Harden. I say promote Canan to starter if you can't snag Rondo!! We need a 5!!

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The only way the Rockets get Dragic this season is if the Suns stink so bad that they throw in the towel early. Which is not impossible. They sit at 6-5 right now and have already played 7 home games out of their first 11(they're only 4-3 in Phoenix). At that pace, they're lotto bound again and it's highly likely Dragic bolts after this year unless the Suns throw him a ridiculous offer which would be a dumb move given the amount of money they already have invested in guards.

Of course that begs the questions what would the Rockets have to offer the Suns in a trade. Sure, the NO pick is available, but doesn't Phoenix have draft picks up the wazoo thanks to the Nash deal?

19. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

We should all get "Soon" tattooed on us

20. hakeemthagreat

Man this team has too many holes for us not be looking to add 2-3 vet rotation players. All this should've been taken care of this offseason. Our bench is weak and we're too undersized to at PF to be taken seriously. Clock is ticking Morey

1 person likes this.