1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Actually, Rondo was drafted in 06 so yeah nearly every year stars are born.

Also Howard is the best Center in the league no doubt, but really he's playing in a really weak era of big men and he's just dominating on some really poor competition.

Not saying we shouldn't get Howard, the era he's playing in is not his fault. Just saying the whole "There will not be a player of his caliber..." what caliber is that? I wouldn't rank Dwight very high on the list of all-time centers personally.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Rose is a PG and he's not even the best at his position IMO, he's like 2nd, maybe even 3rd. He's a great player but he's a bit overrated, should not have won MVP that year.

Dwight is definitely better than Rose. From where I'm standing it's LeBron > Durant > Howard >>> everyone else.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Rose is arguably as good.

If the opportunity to get Bynum or Howard comes up, we have to get it done.

I'm in the Bynum camp, it just bothers me the Lakers really don't offer anything to the table other than allowing the Magic to move more salary. I'd feel screwed over unless the Lakers traded Gasol and Bynum and took back Scola, with Magic getting Gasol and us getting Bynum, but don't think the Magic would want Gasol.

4. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Honestly, I am tired of all this Dwight Howard BS.

If a deal can't be done for Bynum straight up, I say we tell Orlando and Dwight to go love themselves and start the rebuild process with the players we have now. Without a good PG or even a decent center, we aren't likely to do much in the league and have a better chance of a lottery pick.

Not to mention it doesn't make sense to get Dwight Howard or Bynum if we are going to be covered with the subpar players and bad contracts Orlando surrounded Howard with over the last few years. Especially if more then a few are going to be 2to 3 years.

5. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

He doesn't have a offensive game lol,last time I checked he led all centers in the game in with 20ppg.Bynum has a better offensive game and he only scores 18ppg and they both shoot the same amount of shots.

How can you say he has no offensive game when the guy scores 20ppg?

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

From a chat on Hoops Rumors:

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's highly debatable and that is the point. Rose when healthy is a franchise player, 2nd best PG in the NBA is still nothing to scoff off. Dude led his team to one of the better records in the NBA, the same thing Dwight has done a few times a couple years ago. I wouldn't put Howard on a separate tier than Rose

Lebron
    Durant

Then it's debatable. Howard, Rose, Paul any of the 3 would do behind those guys.

Point is, great players are drafted every year. Usually within the lotto, usually within the top 5 picks but sometimes they come a little later.

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Reminds me of a guy named Wilt.

9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i rank him low on greatest all time centers... i rate him the highest center of current time...

what caliber player he is? hes top 3 IMO and definately not outside the top 5...

Lebron
    Durant
    Dwight
    CP3
    Rose

rose is iffy with acl injury but un arguably hes a top caliber player... you can argue cp3 at 3 but no one else is in the top 5 caliber players...and yes that means kobe is not top5 anymore IMO neither is dirk...

10. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I thought I saw Jabari Parker was ranked higher than him. Are they in the same year? Next year you have Shabaz who is supposed to be good. I really like Zeller and he has already played a year of colledge (not saying he will be as good as Dwight)

11. BigMaloe

nba draft thread?

12. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

Well he is an atrocious free throw shooter, and played on a team without another consitent scoring threat (i.e. someone had to score)....and if you say JRich, Hedo, JJ, or Jameer you should be slapped in the mouth...maybe Ryan Andersen but he is a 6th man type of player. D12, can not spread the floor either. Sure he hits the 3 foot hook shot at about 50%, but when you can jump out of the building that should be expected. He is a very good player overall, however, Bynum is a more complete offensive player, and when Yao was around D12 was his b****.

13. BigMaloe

:grin::grin::grin:

shabazz i see as lebron light, nerlens noel is a.davis#2, cody zeller is uhm idk yet...

wiggins and jabari parker havent came close to proven themselves yet...

14. smr6

smr6 Member

Wiggins is a year below Parker.

15. fleecysphere

fleecysphere Member

I'm beginning to think the Magic truly don't know what the hell they want. Because whether we are the logical frontrunners or not, none of these "sources" or reporters seem to think so.

16. Bogey

I didn't say he has no offensive game, I said it was not very good. Seems like a lot of his points come from put backs and dunks. There are a lot more skilled big guys than Dwight. He is just strong and athletic (assuming his back is ok)

17. BigMaloe

bsolutely nothing wrong with put-backs and dunks...

shaq become one of the greatest ever and made a living off of put backs and dunks....

18. Bogey

Sorry, I tend to random thoughts or questions into these Dwight threads. Never feel a need to start new threads. I know a question like that could go in the draft forum though.

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Uh, Shaq was a major major part of the offense.

20. arjun

arjun Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

are you kidding?