1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Rockets consider amnestying Scola, as talks with the Magic grow "serious"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HMMMHMM, Jul 11, 2012.

1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

There's a whole thread related to this topic. Ask this question there.

2. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

we wouldn't be taking on turkoglu and we have some throwin contracts like shaun livingston jon brockman and whatever rookies we end up trading

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

All you had to say was "Yeah, it seems more reasonable to me now, but I'd rather not amnesty Scola either way."

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

5. ntitan06

ntitan06 Member

JA Dumba$%, just said that his "source" meaning Ric Bucher gives it a 30% chance of trade happing with houston or lakers.... but most likely orlando will wait till Jan.15 to do a trade with Nets! Really what is up with Orlando trying to do a trade with Nets so freaking bad!!!! I dont get it.... crappy picks, brooke lopez is turd, and marshon brooks is not even part of the deal?! How is that a better package than the rockets can offer?

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Livingstone 3.5m partial guarantee
    Patterson 2m
    Leuer 1m partial

etc

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Screw Howard and the three dead weights he's going to drag and dump in some city a year later. No thanks!

I can't believe it, but he's making Bynum look good.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You just said it for me.

9. pli777

pli777 Member

I meant to say disgruntled.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Parsons is from the Orlando area, so Hennigan might want the Dreamboat back.

But my guess is Morey is drawing a line at some point-- i.e. giving up so much and taking back so much that HOU becomes the Orlando Magic, with little left to improve the roster around Howard and all but assuring his departure even for less money.

In other words, Morey will do anything for Dwight, but he won't do that:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9GNhdQRbXhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  11. zzpot

zzpot Member

you have to understand that fagot..oopps i mean Feigen is just throwing around his spin and "so-called" inside rumors .

Don't panic just yet... Morey is a smart dude.

12. Pringles

Pringles Member

I honestly can't wrap my head around this. Why the hell do we have to observe ALL of their ****ty contracts? Especially when our only other challenger (Nets) just gave up.

We need Scola to pair up with Dwight to be at least competitive. Dwight and Parson will not get it done....

If we have to take all 3 ****ty contracts, than we better not be giving up both Lamb, Royce, and our picks.

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

I thought he actually had some legit sources from the Rockets?

14. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Let me ask you a question.....If we do the trade with the Magic what's our lineup going to be?

15. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

There are very few Houston sports radio host that even know NBA basketball so it shouldn't surprise you, I always hear them saying the dumbest ****.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If Orlando wanted to do a trade with the Nets, it probably would have happened already. I don't think the Nets position vis-a-vis Dwight trade improves between now and January.

Somebody from the ORL team probably told Adande/Bucher, etc. that in order to maintain what little leverage they still have. I mean, if now there is a close to 100% chance of a HOU trade (or a 3 way with LAL), these teams will resist giving ORL what it wants.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

If we abandon the Dwight persuit and stay the rebuilding course we will have 3 lotto picks in the next two years, and a bunch of cap space to overpay good free agents if we have to. Add that to the young talent we already have, and we're back on our feet after just two seasons; and set up for contention for years to come.

18. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Taking on Turkoglu, Duhon and Richardson is going to seriously cripple our chances at trading for another all-star level talent, which is why I'm confused by this report because Houston originally didn't intend to handcuff themselves this bad (at least I don't think they did). Depending on which young pieces we're dealing exactly, we might not have much left over but at the same time Morey seems to think we can put a competitive team around Dwight.

Ugh, I'm just going to stop speculating.

19. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Just move the team to Orlando and have the Magic move to Houston. Since that is what Orlando is asking for. This way they don't even have to consummate a trade.

20. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This trade will happen on the 18th.