1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets confident they will sign Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 9, 2018.

1. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

OMG thats perfect lol

treyk3 likes this.
  2. solid

solid Contributing Member

I hope they are wrong.

3. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

That seems to be the common argument, but I mean Westbrook averages double digit assists and if you watch videos of Melo last year it is a lot of bricking open shots off the pass. I think it is easy to blame Westbrook but the main problem was Melo

Zboy likes this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I agree. Just read that Carmelo Anthony's dad died of cancer when Carmelo was two.

5. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Yup, people don't care at all B. It's just a game and they go above and beyond with their discontent. It's never that deep

6. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Welcome to the internet

dkoune likes this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This Melo Drama is a lot like the Rockets Scylla and Charybdis drama from a few months ago.

Either we win the title and don't get Lebron or we lose and guarantee ourselves banana boat. Win-win.

Now we either get Melo the long sought after prize, or we don't get stuck with the anchor that is Melo.

All we do is win win win.

Smacktle, Easy, jch1911 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I hope you have to watch melo all year. Its going to make me smile because you are ridiculously negative to a player that doesnt really cost much. We get it, you dont like melo.

9. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

A pass from westbrook in chaos is not the same thing as the rockets system.

jevjnd and H-Town Melo like this.
  10. dje243

dje243 Member

If you pull up a Melo highlight video from last season you will find that he was nowhere near as open as he would be playing for us. He got shots but they weren’t the “Olympic Melo” looks he was expected to get. He will get those here. I’m optimistic he’ll return to form and prove the doubters wrong.

11. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

What videos is Melo bricking open shots.

Melo shot 42% from 3 off wide open shots, 57.5% from 2 and had a 61.9 EFG% on open shots

There's also a thing called rhythm, if you're going multiple possessions without touches or looks then you're never going to shoot in rhythm. Thats why Melo was shooting well in the beginning but then they went Westbrook centric and PG got the rest of the scraps to ISO. It's not easy to blame Westbrook its just common knowledge when watching their games.

Erbnwarfare, dje243 and jboslett like this.
  12. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

You could make the argument that most skilled passer in the OKC line up was Melo. In Houston he'd be the 3rd best passer.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I’d like to hear that argument :confused:

jevjnd likes this.
  14. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I didn't say that it was, but I also think that that is a pretty lazy argument.

These aren't shots in a "chaotic" offense. These are open catch and shoot jumpers similar to the ones he would receive here that he is shooting at a poor percentage. I hope I am wrong, but I don't see these going in all of sudden because a different player is passing it to him. I also don't see why he will all of a sudden stop isolating here either.

EDIT: I realize that this is just one video of a bad game from him, but I think it shows that there isn't really "chaos" 100% of the time with Westbrook running the show

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I disagree.

I hate watch a lot of OKC and their offense run by Westbrook is not teammate friendly.

dje243 likes this.
  16. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

You posted one game and a lowlight video to highlight their weaknesses as a team.

I like you.

17. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Okay! I'll take your word for it. I hope I am wrong, but just my opinion.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Um.

My ancestors died from the potato famine in Ireland. You and everyone else on this board can no longer use the term "Potato Head" to reference a twitter insider because it triggers and offends me.

Give me a break. I want Melo too, but to get angry with someone calling him a cancer not because of his style of play or personality, but because his father died of it before his brain was capable of recording memory is asinine. You can't get any softer than that

Smacktle and UrbanEnterprise like this.
  19. dje243

dje243 Member

He has some open looks but these aren’t “Ryan Anderson on the 2017-18 Rockets” open looks. There are also plenty of makes on shots with defenders on him.

20. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I like you too, friend.

If you check my edit I explained the point I was making with that one video. And the bballbreakdown video shows a lot of Melo's personal weaknesses that I don't think would improve here.

I have seen you vehemently defend Melo on here for the past week or so, and I hope you are right and I am wrong! I'm a huge fan and if I am wrong that means the Rockets are gonna contend which is all I want. I just personally don't think Melo will be a huge difference maker for us.