1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Kenny Smith will NOT be the next HC

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, May 16, 2016.

1. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Honestly, did anyone feel any sort of confidence towards the idea of Kenny running things?

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

Nope.

3. JazzLakerHater

Love Kenny, but thank god.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This makes no sense. The job is already in the spotlight... by virtue of being a HC job in the NBA. You know there's not that many of those job openings. Despite what Charles says, there will be plenty of candidates and plenty of spotlight.

The process seems amateurish. Not interested in people with no head coaching experience, but bring in Kenny, interview Sam Cassell, linked to Walton.

It just seems amateurish and unprofessional. I don't see any scenario where they can gather enough intelligence by talking to a bunch of people where it doesn't also make your organization look foolish. "Oh, they weren't really interested in you, just wanted to hear your thoughts on the NBA and the Rockets." Yeah... thanks for wasting their time I guess?

I personally don't agree with the only prior HC experience qualifier... as those are guys that likely were fired from their last gig. Thibs was the best option of that group. I'm okay if they end up with Vogel. I'm less than impressed with the other options... but also recognize they'd all be better than what we have.

But again, this process is looking more and more unprofessional by the day. Luke Walton got hired while being the top assistant for the Warriors. If JVG is the choice, they've had plenty of time to get that wrapped up and stop wasting other people's time.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Not at all.

Your top five are coming clear.

Vogel, JVG as the regulars, Hornaceck/MDA as the make you cringe, Messina as the you don't know enough about him. Maybe Smart as the outlier.

Hopefully only one of those guys out of MDA and Horny are still in the running. Hopefully neither are the head coach.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Been getting the feeling its gonna be MDA because that's who Les wants.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Well that's prolly because Harden didn't approve after all the bashing he has received from TNT this season (a lot of it deserved)

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Absolutely no, but if Les is (at least partially) running the show...eh...

9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Felt like it would waste of the end of the Harden era honestly.:confused:

Not in the position to experiment, especially with Morey being "allegedy" in the hot seat made the interview seem like a formality for me.

An Assistant position would make sense, not sure if Kenny is interested in that though.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Due diligence.

12. hakeemthagreat

Ultimately you've already played the race card by unnecessarily mentioning the race card. Good job:rolleyes:

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

Feels like 2011 all over again. Bring in a lot of people for nothing.

15. Ranny

Ranny Member

Well as usual we can already see some "its Harden's fault" posts here as well.

16. hakeemthagreat

Yes

I have more doubt on JVG. I think Kenny knows the formula of a championship team. He knows the chemistry aspect of it. JVG is stubborn (much like Daryl Morey) and will do things his way, even if it's old fashioned & out of date. Kenny being new, will be open to suggestions but also be able to communicate with his star players better. Ultimately, I think Kenny's a better fit for this day in age Rockets team. JVG wants to slow the game down and make it a slugfest while overworking his superstars. The Rockets are once again worried about looking good for the media, instead of winning championships

17. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Of course not.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, McHale is coming back!! With JBB!! Oh Awesome! Well anyway... It'll be interesting, if they wait long enough JVG might be all that's left.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Kenny Smith as a head coach is kinda dumb. Lets move on from this.

20. AXG

AXG Member

Those 3 are who it should boil down to. Vogel is my top choice.