1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Harden and Howard want Asik and Lin to stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

If Morey is serious, then I think that's a shame. With a hole at the PF spot, and a pretty weak bench, I don't think it's realistic to expect the Rockets to get out of the semi finals. The roster still needs some work and I dunno how Morey will do that if he plans on keeping Lin + Asik (nice trade piece).

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

but the real dollars being paid out are $5 and $15 for the next two years. not a lot of teams can pay out $15 real dollars

3. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

They do this so when both got traded, people won't blame Harden and Howard.

4. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

If we can keep the team but get a closing lineup swingman. Garcia I guess can do... He plays D & hits big shots. I like Sjax or would've liked Barnes, we'll be fine everywhere else. 48 minutes of Asik and/or Howard will do wonders.

We just had barely half off of that last season. And we had no D and rebounding PFs for 2/3 of the season.

Dwight-35/asik-13
    DMo-16/Tjones-16/asik-8/cp-8
    Cp-26/Garcia-22
    Harden-38/Lin-10
    Lin-22/Bev-26

Good lineup?

5. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't have a problem with them rolling with their current squad. I'm certain they will probably sign another FA on a min vet contract. There really isn't any pressure from Morey and the Rockets to make a trade right now. You don't want them to make a move just to make one. It never works out when you do stuff like that. I tend to look at what the Magic did. They made moves just to make them.

6. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Why semi finals? It's about matchups; we wait till we get closer. OKC got to the semis last year. Did you know that mid July?

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Morey said to Harden, you got it, this year, but next I pick the team.

8. Merovingian

Merovingian Member

If they play together DH could be a better player to take pf responsibilities than Asik

9. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Howard didn't want another star added?

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I'm starting to think that Howard and Asik can be on the floor together for 5-10 minutes a game, depending on matchups.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

You's trollin'

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oOqJ1F44_-Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Think Memphis.

13. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rockets&amp;src=hash">#Rockets</a> GM Daryl Morey told us today that Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik are a part of team's future.</p>&mdash; Randy McIlvoy (@RandyMcIlvoy) <a href="https://twitter.com/RandyMcIlvoy/statuses/356132687662166016">July 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. gene18

gene18 Rookie

How do you make this stuff up?

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

IF either of them somehow stay until their contract expires, then this is HIGHLY doubtful. Asik will get nice contract extension offers elsewhere where he'll get the opportunity to start.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's not that crazy, actually. Lin finished the season horribly. Even if it was due to injury, it only hurt his stock. Morey will surely get better offers at the trade deadline, if Lin puts together a good half of the season.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FranchiseBlade also wants Asik and Lin to stay.

18. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I think someone will get traded but I don't feel there is a need to rush to make a deal before the season. Unless Portland or Minnesota is calling you wanting to make a deal, I think they can wait.

My biggest concern right now is bench play. Do we have enough on the bench to help us through 82 games and the playoffs? Morey will probably add in another piece.

19. gene18

gene18 Rookie

20. ctry2582

ctry2582 Member

Unless we're getting Aldridge or Love, who can the Rockets realistically get? Ryan Anderson I suppose, but he's not exactly a great defender and what happens if Howard's back acts up, or when gets rest? Who's backing him up? Greg Smith?

As for Lin, at the end of the day, look through out the league and who's 'tradeable'. Who's an upgrade over Lin? People can say start Beverley but he plays 100MPH and gets into foul trouble. Can't really on the rookie to back up Beverley if Lin is gone.

I prefer keeping both.