1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen expects Rockets to make a trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

They say golden state is looking to be aggressive and that anyone not named Curry is available. Personally I'd give away the farm for Klay

2. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

So you'd do a trade for Klay even if it meant Harden or Howard was in the deal? Didn't know Klay was that good.

3. Jay713

Jay713 Member

Are you drunk?

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Even though they are a rival, would you do Asik for either Thompson or Barnes?

5. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

The problem with the three star model is that you end up in salary cap hell, so your three stars better be able to work together, sacrifice their numbers, and elevate the game of the misfits you surround them with for the good of the team.

I'd rather split that third max contract between two or three players, myself. Easier to tweak the roster. That, or find the next Tim Duncan or Michael Jordan. I'd include the Dream in that list, but we never could keep a good enough team together around him to turn him into a one-man dynasty builder.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hakeem Olajuwon built a dynasty, mostly by himself.....

7. NotChandlerParsons

I'd think about it but I don't see why they would be interested with Bogut playing so well.

8. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

People are obsessed with getting three stars. Most of the time no thought is given to exactly how they would work together (or it's idealized in theory to the point where it becomes unrealistic in practice). It's a name chase at the expense of functionality.

9. steady

steady Member

I think we could be in for some major changes. Omer being just the beginning.

10. j3i

j3i Member

If you're gonna use Hakeem as a measuring stick for all our stars,
    You're gonna have a bad time.

11. bmd

bmd Member

I don't think much is going to happen before the trade deadline. The real moves happen in the off-season when teams can go after free agents.

I think the Rockets are going to stick with their squad, see how far it takes them, and evaluate at the end of the season and make moves where needed.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yep. We are keeping out chips so we can trade for Lebron and Bosh when they choose to come to Houston. ;)

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those were old times. Nowadays even best player like Lebron or second best Durant can't win it alone.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Hakeem couldn't either until he had help.

15. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Dream won one ch'ip mostly by himself. The second one took Clyde. Two ch'ips aren't quite a dynasty in my eyes, even with my homer glasses on. :cool:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

What about Asik for David Lee?

DD

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I take Jones over Lee and so would just about anybody else on this forum. Asik for Kaman and fillers sounds about right given the need and circumstances. I'd talk to OKC about giving up Adams and fillers for Asik or even Miami for Oden and fillers..

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

David Lee has a similar salary to Harden through 2016.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/golden_state.htm

Is this the type of salary we want to incur given we have Tjones at that position?

19. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

I think you probably do it, but would much rather drop Parsons and add a couple 1st round picks and/or DMo. And I think Minnesota might still do it. They could keep or sell off the pieces and build in a lot of ways.

Obviously if the Rockets could do that deal and keep Parsons the Rockets are stacked for a very long time and just augment through free agency for the bench.

20. Play07

Play07 Member

Morey may trade jones, even though he's been great we still need that guy that can hit that midrange & play better D, don't be surprised if Morey deals him.