1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen expects Rockets to make a trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 4, 2014.

1. basketballholic

Won't happen....unless Lin is cleared as well. If we trade Asik for Hawes and then Hawes walks this summer, now we are left with even less leverage to move Lin. So...won't happen. We may acquire Hawes but it won't be a swap of Hawes for Asik.

2. mario elie

mario elie Member

I'm friends with some of the beat writers at the Boston Globe. None of them have heard any Rondo rumors. As much as I want it to happen, it seems really unlikely

1 person likes this.
  3. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Dwights arm probably tastes like honey nut cheerios.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

5. eslate22

eslate22 Member

ryan anderson was the best player to trade for until he got hurt... i can see morey just waiting until offseason to make a move... i would like to rondo if we can get him

6. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

rondo rondo!

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I just don't see a team giving up a 1st for a half year's Hawes rental; not in this year's draft at least. At least the team that acquires Omer will get him for an extra season.

8. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

At the end of the day, no. For that reason.

It's still tempting, though.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't quite understand the people who want Hawes. He has decent box score stats but those are inflated by the Sixers' EXTREMELY high pace. Moreover, if he was as good as his box score stats may him look, the Sixers wouldn't be this pathetic a team.

The guy is supposedly a center but he doesn't do the one job that is the most important to centers: defend the rim. His team is bad at D and is even worse with him on the floor.

If he was a valuable piece Hinkie would be working on keeping him for the future since he is by no means old rather than trying to trade him.

10. nebula955

nebula955 Member

Asik for rondo. let's do this...

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

thats why

12. basketballholic

He's not worth giving up a first rounder for but he can shoot from the parking lot and get his shot off against almost anybody. He's great in the pick-and-pop and he's a very good rebounder. With Dwight's forte being defense and with Jones best skill being his help defense, don't you think he's a fit playing as a spread big next to either of the other two?

I definitely do. And I think Hawes would make our offense much more efficient. And his deficiencies would be covered well with either Dwight or Jones.

13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Would love to be able to get Young+Hawes for Asik+Motiejunas and a draft pick.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

Solid screen setter, pick and pop reliable jumper, something this team will need in the playoffs as an option when the game slows down. It doesn't have to be hawes but we need a big who can do that.

15. thething

thething Contributing Member

Of course he does the deal, and he probably adds in a 1st round pick or two as well. You can fill out the rest of the roster with vet min guys if you have 3 stars. Just look at the Heat. To get a 3rd star you do whatever it takes. 3 stars makes you a contender. And when the stars are still under 30? Potential dynasty.

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

brewer at small
    forward?? I'm pretty sure there is another min contract player there

17. basketballholic

No he wouldn't do that deal. If Morey gets that offer he'll know Love wants to come here. He'll wait another year and sign him outright or offer Saunders picks instead of Parsons.

18. treeman

treeman Member

Eh, the only person I'd want to get rid of at this point is Asik, and maybe DMo to sweeten that pot.

Parsons and Jones are exactly the kind of guys you want next to your two stars. Guys like those two with contracts like they have are VERY hard to find. Lin is turning out to be a fine 6th man. The way I see it, Asik is wasted space and if we can get some value from him - maybe wing defender or a Hawes to stretch things - I see us right there with the top teams for contention. We've gotten absolutely nothing from Asik this season, and I am not going to hold my breath waiting for him to pull his head out of his a$$ and contribute.

I don't buy that you need 3 stars to contend. Two all-stars surrounded by lesser stars and capable role players will do the trick just fine, I think.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Great post.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Hopefully it sunk in with Asik how much his moping destroyed his trade value and that the Rockets refuse to trade him for less than he is worth.

The only way he starts for a team is by building up his trade value and playing hard/well for the Rockets.