1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] expectation is that Butler will opt out and Rockets plan to target him in Free Agency

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 21, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Windhorst, MacMullan, MacMahon

BW: That's my point. Also midway through the year, they made an offer for Jimmy Butler & maybe they always knew it was going to be rejected so maybe it wasn't a real offer but how can you go for Butler, a guy you have to re-sign? They have an opportunity again. Use it wisely. I'm hearing the rumblings, is there any chance for Jimmy?

TM: They're real rumblings. Rockets think they have a chance.

BW: It would take cooperation. Either they take all those first round picks they offered initially & trade them to a team with salary cap space (Knicks, Hawks, Bulls), they'd have to trade them to a team and use those picks to do one of those big...you remember how the Warriors wiped the books for Iguodala? They'd have to do that & then sign Jimmy or work a sign-&-trade with the Sixers, which would be very difficult.

TM: I don't doubt Daryl to do the cap gymnastics. I doubt them getting Jimmy to agree to it. Philly will come with a 5-year max. That is happening.

BW: Are you sure about that?

TM: I'll put it at 99%.

BW: I think they're coming with a max, not sure it's a 5-year max.

TM: I'm pretty confident about that.

JM: Hearing the 5-year too for Philly. He's their priority over Tobias. They want both but Jimmy is their closer. Jimmy has a wandering eye. You're never sure. A little bit like Kyrie. Where will he be happy?

TM: Jimmy sees in Philly, they can claim they're as close as anyone. Also, Jimmy is self-aware enough to understand he's perhaps not the most calming influence. As the Rockets are trying to perhaps put some fires out, Harden & Butler are buddies, been talking blahblahblah but adding that alpha dog to a mix when you got two other alpha dogs barking at each other? Be careful what you wish for. Daryl hunts stars. He hunts faded stars. Carmelo blew up in his face. He thought it was a good idea. It wasn't. I'm confident the Rockets are trying to make it happen. I don't think it's a good idea. They don't have much depth anyways. If they become a thinner team with another personality like that, I don't know.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Daryl hunts stars. Faded stars.

Someone give him a list of who is a star and who isn't no more.

D-rock likes this.
  3. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

@SamFisher is funny!

JuNx likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

While I don’t respect any of these sources, I agree Philly will offer the 5 and that it’ll be impossible to get all sides to fully co-operate to get Jimmy here. Please let’s stop with this unrealistic speculation. How many times do we have to fall for these ridiculous rumours? We always start with the rumours rather than start with the process and structure of a player acquisition. It’s foolish