1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] D'Antoni said Harden is "devastated." Open to considering strategic rest.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, May 12, 2017.

1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

So where was that "I don't believe in rest" crap during the regular season?

So suddenly there is need for "facilitating help"?

With all the "struggle", "resting issue" and "no facilitating help", we still blew off the Spurs TWICE in this series by 20+ pts, didn't we?

I'm sorry I have a hard time understanding your excuse for the DEVASTATING loss.

Dopamine likes this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You should have put that in your OP :p

But...I really think facilitating help is a low need right now, they just need someone that can take some pressure off of Harden more than anything.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol i remember on a possession in the end of the 2nd quarter he had a fast break and stopped at half court to pass it to someone on the wing and never moved away from that spot. Despite everyone else hustling down the floor. Our whole section was disgusted at his lack of effort, awareness whatever you want to call it

4. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Still this "CAN DO" crap mentality, year after year.

We've seen enough. Yes you CAN be better. You CAN defend better. You CAN offend better. Just freakin' do it.

Do it, please. Day in and day out. Consistently. Stick to it.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

get rid of anderson and our d immediately becomes better.

4 above avg defenders + harden is the only recipe for success

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

WE NEED BIGS WHO CAN PLAY DEFENSE FIRST AND SCORE SECOND!

Hui likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Harden will definitely believe in rest next season cuz he ain't gonna be in the MVP race. This season, he was reluctant to take any time off cuz he was neck-and-neck with Westbrook(who also refused to take games off) for the latter half of the season.

As for Harden being "devastated", I ain't buying it. But I do think he will be hurt by this loss more and more as the offseason wears on. I don't know if he really understood how badly this was gonna damage his rep when he no showed and quit on his team last night, but it won't take long for it to register with him that his entire career could be defined by the last game and the OT period in the game before that.

oakdogg likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I remember 14-15 Harden would find one way or another to slither past an entire team's fastbreak defense as a one man wrecking crew with his foot speed, ball handling and strength game in and game out. Now it seems as if Harden is allergic to even ****ing jogging the full length of the court

What happened to him seriously? Did he start smoking cigarettes this season or something?

Cash Cam and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Elimination games are generally not considered as ideal time for strategic rests.

Ozzy, oakdogg, cheke64 and 1 other person like this.
  10. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm still absolutely puzzled how someone who was an mvp candidate throughout the whole year, completely forgot how to play basketball in an elimination game at home in the western conference semifinals

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Guys like Tony Allen, Thabo Sefolosha, Shaun Livingston, PJ Tucker, Deron Williams, etc. so that this time next year when we lose in the 2nd round we can all complain about needing to go younger.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For Pop it is, they basically strategically rested Kawhi for the Warriors against us.

Sad but true.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nene wants to return.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

People who believe Harden needs more rest have never played a full court game of basketball. Walking the ball up and only expending any form of energy during pick and roll situations while standing or half assed jogging at every other aspect of the game expends less kJs of energy than playing actual defense, running up and down the court, chasing defenders etc. I would bet my left nut that out of all the full rotation players who play more than 25 minutes a game expends more energy on a nightly basis than James Harden.

Dopamine and CapelaOnlyFan like this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Is this before or after game 6?

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

After. This morning at the exit interviews.

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lol...he must have not watched game 6 yet then.

Probably saw Harden party last night and figured there is a game 7 on Sunday.

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm pretty sure that plenty of ex-players were saying this though after game 5.