1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Clint Capela plans to ‘dominate’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Sep 29, 2019.

1. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Harteinstein needs to step up and it has to be buckets for him immediately just like it is for jokic in Denver!

2. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Reading threads for months... haven’t needed to sign in for awhile... but I feel the urge to tell Clint to shut up.

Just have your game show or don't say anything at all.

jboslett, hvic, vlaurelio and 2 others like this.
  3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Clint needs to start backing it up or stop talking.

4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He loves to talk. Remember him saying he “wanted the Warriors?” Words don’t mean s***. Just stfu and play.

mike2k132 and linvetb6 like this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

pringles says every year he's gotten better, every year he's improved. fact is he regressed last year. with increased minutes he was way less efficient, particularly defensively

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

" Everybody has a plan until they get hit. Then, like a rat, they stop in fear and freeze."

Um ok

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He wasn’t that great the year before against GSW. It’s not asked about but he’s come up short in the postseason plenty of times. Last year against Utah and Minnesota he was great. The year before against okc, he was ok. He was a non factor against San Antonio. Nene was the best big we had in 2017. I’ve always felt if he wasn’t injured we could’ve changed the outcome of that series against San Antonio. But Clint been coming up short against GSW his entire postseason career

vlaurelio likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Plenty of times? The only times he’s come up short is against GS which is just a bad matchup for him. Other than that, he’s been excellent.

How was he a non-factor against San Antonio when he averaged 13, 11, and 2.5 blocks a game in that series?? He was nothing special against OKC that year, but that was his 1st ever playoff series as a starter. When Capela isn’t matched up against Draymond or Looney, he is very good.

D-rock likes this.
  9. rocketsmetalspd

Oh boy not again, Clint needs to build up endurance before talking about dominating. For a young man he tires too damn quickly and by the 4th rolls along he has nothing left in the tank. I will believe it when I see it when it comes for Clint to be dominating in games! H-Town Crazy! Go Rockets!

10. alethios

alethios Member

Can Chandler teach him how to dominate?

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

Clint didn't even say anything. This was D'Antoni talking about Clint. Clint didn't even say much last year. He's not some big talker.

You guys just like to complain.

MrButtocks and hakeem94 like this.
  12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol cant believe u have hope for harteinstein lol what a waste

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don’t know if Tyson can teach him that, but he can teach him a hell of a lot. Clint is still young and he wants to improve. If he’s smart, he’ll spend a lot of time around Chandler, on and off the practice court. I think the big guy was a great pickup by Morey for more than just his play as a backup.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Capela would be helped a lot with some long 3/4’s (7’ wingspan) that can hit the 3. They would help on switches and would allow us to not have to rely on Capela when there is a match up that isn’t a good one.

He does some things very well and he has some limitations. We just have to surround him with a situation for success.

I feel like a broken record but this team REALLY needs two wings that are really long and hit 35% on 3’s and have some dog in them. They don’t have to be stars either. Thabo helps but he is too old to count on for more than 10-15 minutes a night for 50-60 games.

It hurts missing out on Jerami Grant.

RustyHarden, slothy420, Deuce and 8 others like this.
  15. SORF

SORF Member

Here is a question, why don't the Rockets get flu shots before the season begins? Some companies give out free flu shots every fall to their employees. Why doesn't the Rocket Org do the same...they are free at Walgreens. Even if you get the flu, it is a lot less severe.

Think about it...could have a ring opening game if Capela had a flu shot.

16. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I saw a clip of clint putting the ball on the floor during the world games.i was surprised by his quickness and control of the ball. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that. he looked kind of like giannis attacking the basket. unfortunately, in the same games I saw his jumpshot.... jesus christ. he will NEVER be able to shoot the ball.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

He needs a little competition to feel unsafe. He is too comfortable.

RichieBanks, FrontRunner and hvic like this.
  18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Hartenstein gave most dominate post presence in summer league.

Really doubt capeala after games 1 and 2 against buck and pelicans. I think capeala gonna get a reality shock against bucks with Giannis in game 1 and zion Williamson gonna leave em in the dust in game 2!

Capeala disappointed at fiba, and I think his progression is gonna actually be a regression after his poor showing in FIBA!

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Gimme a short face up jumper

20. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member