1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Chuck Hayes Injures Ankle In Practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Dec 30, 2010.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Amare is not a back-you-down player.

This idea that Chuck can't guard players that face up is complete malarkey. I remember a game in Toronto a few years back when Bosh was lighting up Scola and when Chuck was put on him he got shut down. Bosh is a very good player, and on most nights he'll get his points. But Chuck is a pretty good defensive option to use on him.

2. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

That sucks.

Chuck was playing well and averaging a near double double during the win streak and the Miami loss.

The one good thing is Patterson will finally get some decent PT some games.

Chuck is pretty tough, if he's in a wheelchair it's probably going to be a Brooks type injury. Hopefully I'm wrong and he will heal up sooner than later, Good luck in your recovery Hayes.

3. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Chuck has publicly stated that Al Jefferson and Zach Randolph are his two hardest matchups. He usually does well against agile bigs like Bosh, Stoudemire, etc. because he has exceptional lateral quickness for a post player.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Why are some of you guys so effing blind. I am a homer as much as the next guy but Bosh had his way with Chuck last night. And amre is a back down player. Yes he has developed a shot as well now but before all of his moves were around the basket. How quickly you forget that game. Amare thought with his size he could easily get around Chuck and score. And Chuck stopped him cold in his tracks. Of course this is not absolute and sometimes Bosh will try to back down his opponents but that is not what I saw last night. I saw Chuck get beat and when he did stop him it was a foul. You saw something different.

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He may have said that in the past but that is not so true anymore. Griffin is every bit as strong as those guys and you could see him get frustrated with Chuck. I was so impressed that game. ANd Zach hasn't done crap against us in a while. The bottom line it doesn't matter what Chuck says. Bosh had his way with chuck last night. Watch the game again and tell me different.

6. choujie

choujie Member

It seems all the young guys on Rockets get a chance to play or start as long as they can stay healthy.

7. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Uh, he said it on Rockets Insider on FSN before the Miami game last night. Also, Z-Bo's struggled against us this season, but last year he posted a 30 and 15 game, and hit double figures 2-3 other times, including a 22 and 7 outing.

8. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

There must have been a DD Chuck - THE MAN - wagon thread, that's the only way this could have happened.

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Out two to four.

Yeah, J How showed up last night.

Thanks. I still have my sunglasses though.

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Thanks for the update. I updated the original post, but it wouldn't let me change the thread title. If a mod sees fit to edit it, go ahead.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Get well soon Chuck....but all of our players have quality backups, we should be fine.

DD

12. rocketman73

rocketman73 Member

now that Chuck Hayes may be out for a couple of weeks with an ankle sprain, this is a good time to give some playing time to Patrick Patterson, T. Williams, and let Jordan Hill start in the place of Hayes. this would be a good time for those other players to show what they got and show the coach that they can play. i sure would love to see those guys on the floor the next game.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Games? Weeks?

14. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

2-4 weeks

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Amare tried to "get around" Chuck by backing him down?

I saw Bosh get the better of Chuck a number of times in the third quarter yesterday (and a couple of those were off the post, not facing up), and I even posted that in one of the threads. That's not the point. You were making a general comment that Chuck can't guard face up players, which I don't agree with. Outside of Jared Jeffries, he is a far better defensive option on face up bigs that our other front-court players. Miller/Scola/Hill would not have fared any better on Bosh.

Again, I'd point to the Toronto game a few years back when Chuck did a superb defensive job on Bosh.

16. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Sportsradio 610 has learned that Rockets C/F Chuck Hayes will be out for the next 2-4 weeks with a moderate to severe right ankle sprain.

17. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

OMG, what is it with our players and their ankles.. :(

18. Dei

Dei Member

Awww, ****.

In the not so distant past I would've said this would be a blessing in disguise - to not play the 6'6 post player who had no place in a championship team heavy minutes - but Chuck's been an absolute pillar on the post for the team this season.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Try the spoiler tag next time. Or previewing your post before posting.

20. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

i love chuck as much as the next fan, but does this mean Rick can run some 5 man offenses then?

the end of 4 on 5 for half a game