1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Chuck Hayes Injures Ankle In Practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Dec 30, 2010.

1. gah

gah Member

Are you seriously comparing Williams to Chuck Hayes?

What allows Chuck to defend anybody in the post is his low base strength, you can tell the surprise big guys get when they try to back him down, he is a wall. Battier is a situational 4, meaning you can play him there against non-post up studs. Let me rephrase what I said, not only is Terrence Williams closer to SG, he is closer to playing the Point Guard position than he is to being able to play Power Forward.

Chuck’s minutes come at the Center position therefore Miller and Hill are the most benefited by his injure. Pat Pat may get sporadic minutes, though I hope he is not far away from getting serious time.

2. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I guess I forgot that we have a winning record. Or did I?

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Get well Chuck. We all love you.

4. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Bosh shot over 50% last night and was 3 points better than his season average. Quit drinking the kool-aid.

5. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

Why???? Maybe a blessing in descize

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Is that a joke about Chuck's hight?

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Is your reading comprehension really that bad or are you just stupid? Of course I am comparing them.

What part of he is is taller, bigger, has more reach and more hops and is probably a better shot blocker did you not understand.

Are you just jokes. Do you not get I am comparing them. Yes, I am comparing Hayes and Williams to the degree that I think Williams has some of the physical attributes to play the 4. I didn't say he is better or could play better d. But he does have a rep of being a pretty good defender and he is absolutely better offensively than Hayes. And he will probably play better on the boards and defering shots. That does not mean he is better and now that hayes is out I have 4th behind Scola, Patterson and Hill. But because Hill will get most of his minutes at the 5. All you need is for Scola or Patterson to get in foul trouble and you will need help there. Adelman may choose to use Battier but if we are talking about a real pf that may too much for Battier to handle.

That is what I am saying. Do you understand now.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

DAM DAM DAM

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Because Bosh just shot over him. That was not a good match up for the Chuck Wagon at all.
    Wondering who starts center now. Miller or Hill?

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Not to mention he's our ONLY inside defensive presence. Hill is improving and starting to use his quickness and length to get cover more space, but strong big guys can still back him down pretty easily. NOBODY backs Chuck down.

This is really distressing news. We are officially a sieve in the middle until Chuck gets back. :(

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

12. CXbby

CXbby Member

What does that even mean?

We've won 15 games. Good luck doing that without Chuck.

13. Htown2200

Htown2200 Member

When Chuck Hayes exercises, the machine gets stronger.

14. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Damn good point. I would actually prefer play Jeffries over Patterson. This will only help his trade value and Jeffries isnt that bad of a defender.

15. somenobody

somenobody Member

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

You do realize that Chuck wasn't staying right on Bosh every second of every Miami possession while Bosh was in the game, right?

Miami has two other players, named Dwyane Wade and Lebron James, who are also pretty good. And last night, Wade was repeatedly getting by his man. And when that happened, on several occasions, Chuck would rotate over the help. And when he did that, Bosh got some open looks on mid-range jump shots. And Bosh hit several of those open jump shots.

Looking at Bosh's point total does not tell the story of how effective Chuck's D on him was.

Chuck played him pretty well. Bosh is an All-Star for a reason.

Lay off the Chuck bashing.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

i hope patrick patterson and jordan hill can do good since chuck hayes is out

18. lalala902102001

More playing time for Hill and Patterson -- that's great news.

Hope Chuck recovers soon though. It's important for him to play in a contract year.

19. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I love Chuck but let's be realistic here. Bosh is one of those players that Chuck will never match up well with. Chuck can stop AMare and Griffin to a degree because they try to back him down. Bosh is more a finesse player and can shoot over Chuck pretty much every time. And he did more than a couple of times last night. I am sure Chuck stopped him a couple of times but I don't remember seeing it. Fortunately there aren't a whole bunch of Bosh type players in the league and Chuck will fair better.

20. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

WIDE image:

[​IMG]