1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Chuck Hayes Injures Ankle In Practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LongTimeFan, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Patterson isn't ready. Otherwise, he would be getting some burn in games if only a few minutes at a time.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hill Finally starts.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lousy choice of words. Injuries hurt. Injuries to good guys (particularly on The Good Guys) really hurt.

Best to you, Chuck!

4. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I'll miss watching opposing players jump over Chuck for rebounds and put-backs.

1 person likes this.
  5. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

I disagree. Him not playing has much to do with how crowded our rotation is. It doesn't make sense to sneak him 5 minutes and further crowd things.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Amen Brother,

What's the use pf defending the low block with success if the other team just gets the offensive rebound.

I love Chuck but I'm happy to see Hill get some real Burn at the 5.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly.

You can't play a 12 man rotation...

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You want to use my shoulders?

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

We need ankle insurance...

10. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I blame the Chuck Hayes/Norris thread.

Five ankle injuries IIRC (Bud & Lowry last season, Brooks, Yao, and Hayes this season). Did Hill get one too?

It's hard to keep track of all these injuries.

11. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

the chuckwagon must've hit a pothole along the ye ol' trail and busted an axle.

1 person likes this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Will you miss winning too? He is one of the guys we can not afford to lose, before we get a big man in a trade.

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

adversity produces opportunity

i believe there to be more upside to a chuck replacement (patterson), but he was never going to get there without an opportunity on the court. let's hope Patterson makes the most of it.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Well, if Hayes is out for the season, add another $2.3 million to the expiring contracts of Yao and Jeffries that would be tradable to a team looking to dump contracts. That's over $26 million in expirings. With an additional $8 million of insurance money

Hey New Orleans.........err.........NBA......errr......whoever...............

Hey Philly............................

Hey Charlotte.............................

Hey Denver................................

15. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

This really hurts us overall. The guy is a workhorse. He has busted his butt to get better at FT shooting and finishing and it has clearly shown. He disrupts bigger guys on defense despite his own size.

I hope it's nothing serious but we need Hill to step up in a major way now.

16. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

So is Chuck Hayes but that never stopped him. T-Will is taller, bigger, has more reach and more hops. He is probably abetter shot blocker too. ANd can rebound with the best of them from the 2 guard spot. There is no reason to believe he couldn't be better than Battier at the 4. ANd we Adelman does that from time to time. I am not saying T-will is our back up 4. I am saying T-Will can give us a few minutes there if we get in foul trouble.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah not Hill, Miller will start games at Center but Hill will be seeing a lot of time.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl...(chron.com+-+Top+Stories)&utm_content=Twitter

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I like Jordan Hill but Chuck Hayes is our most consistent defender against a player back to the basket. last night every time Bosh tried to post up Hayes, he wasn't giving him room. Hurry back Chuck Wagon.
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqk2LW2vHZ0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zqk2LW2vHZ0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No love for Jeffries? His game is most similar to Chuck's. That said, I'd rather see Patterson play a little. I have high hope on him being a very good player. I am sure Chuck has taught him a thing or two on playing defense in the post.