1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Andre Iguodala, JaVale McGee up next on Rockets' wish list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Here is the last thing I saw about him "Mbah a Moute was recently ruled out for the season following a partial medial meniscectomy. The good news is he should be healthy to compete at training camp next season, where he'll try to earn another NBA contract as a veteran role player."

Its worth the risk for a minimum signing no?

D-rock and napalm06 like this.
  2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

They would bolster our team....we would be Favs in the west....only if Kawhi doesnt go to LAL.

3. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Sources: Andre Igoudala and JaVale McGee sign with ___________________

Rockets now shift attention to Europe

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He's a good locker room guy and teammate, hard to see much risk there if we still have an open roster spot.

D-rock, bj3175 and HP3 like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I’ve dislocated my left shoulder more than 3 times before playing pick up ball and never got surgery. Let’s just say the feeling is not the same. If he didn’t get it surgically repaired the odds that it dislocates again are very high.

I don’t doubt Luc being a great locker room guy and I’m sure he can defend without injuring that shoulder. But as far as shooting and being aggressive on the offensive side......

HP3 likes this.
  6. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

While we’re f#%^* around with these losers, the Lakers are waiting on Kawhi with a backup plan of Cousins!!! Simply put the Rockets management is cheap and won’t do what is necessary for a championship. I feel bad for Harden that he is wasting his historical prime years here and will always have the asterisk by his name for never making the finals. Morey has always been one or two pieces away and should be nicknamed the “Almost Guy”. We’re almost there....we almost had a trade with Memphis.....we almost signed Jimmy (just never bothered to see if he was interested)....we’re almost as good as the Warriors..........

7. Homey the Clown

These are the desperate times. Iggy is well past his good years. He can't even stay on the damn court without getting injured lol. This team loves showing interest in washed up players. And JaVale is just a low IQ player.

smh

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea there is risk involved with his injury history, but for a minimum signing, why not? Like who is he taking that opportunity away from? If it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out. As you and @napalm06 say he is a great locker room guy who wont cause problems. BUT.....if it works....it could be game changing. To me I would say go for it, but who knows if hes even on Morey's radar anymore. :(

D-rock likes this.
  9. bmd

bmd Member

The Rockets cannot afford JaMychal Green. I don’t know why people keep talking about him like he will sign for less than what Danuel House got.

JaMychal Green was making $8 million per year and has earned himself another contract worth at least that based on his performance last season.

JaMychal Green is not a viable option.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I don't understand why it would cost us a first to get Iggy. If we send them Shump at $13.2 million they are saving $4 million on an Iggy buyout. Plus Shump is serviceable, even if significantly overpaid at that price. Shump would gladly take the windfall and play for Memphis at that price, whereas Iggy could become a malcontent if they don't cut him loose.

jacoby likes this.
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Its not that simple.

First , Shumpert would have to agree to be signed and traded … How far over market value do you have to go to get him to agree to give up his bird rights on a one year deal ? How does a multi year Shumpert help Memphis (he doesn't , he just clutters up their cap).?!

It would hard cap Memphis .... Do you really think a team wheeling and dealing wants to be hard capped ? You'd have to really make it worth their trouble in terms of assets since it handcuffs them.

Zoplicone likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

I have mixed opinions on the guys the Rockets have targeted.

Iggy is 35-36 years old and has little interest in playing during the regular season. He also has insisted on a healthy extension if what I am being told is true.

He is capable of defending 4 spots on the floor at a high level still. However he really doesn’t bring much offensively and will have to play limited minutes.

Supposedly part of the sticking point is compensation for the trade. Discussions from Iggy wanting an extension. Discussions about what kind of buyout Shumpert would agree to with Memphis. The Rockets not wanting to give up the amount of draft compensation the Grizzlies want.

As for McGee I am surprised he has any interest in signing for close to the minimum with the Rockets. I figured he would be a Laker. He would help the Rockets keep penetration out of the paint.

Quinn Cook, Vince Carter, Justin Holiday, Amir Hohnson, Rondae Hollis Jefferson, Stanley Johnson, Tsabo Safolosas, Mbah Moute ..... all would help bring depth to the Rockets.

Deuce, Vivi, BigMaloe and 1 other person like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Shumpert would get 13-14 million, well above the minimum he would likely get on the open market. The discussions are over what his buyout would be. Would he accept an 8 million dollar buyout? The Grizzlies save 5-6 million on the buyout on top of 2-3 million off of Iggy’s cost if he isn’t dealt.

Memphis has had a very strong summer and are building up assets very well. They want two firsts supposedly from Houston. The Rockets think that is too high and have countered with multiple seconds.

Does it get done? There is a good chance but no guarantee. Another issue is Iggy would like an extension from the Rockets to accept the trade and play for the Rockets. The Rockets are split on that as they like having the flexibility of his expiring deal but also feel highly about his play on the court.

Deuce, BigMaloe and joshuaao like this.
  14. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

They want multiple firsts for Iggy? b**** please.

16. Pringles

Pringles Member

I wouldn't give a first for Iggy either. If Iggy prefers to be a Lakers, let him be a Laker.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  17. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Thunder.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  18. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Here we go...

Vivi and joshuaao like this.
  19. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very interesting. If Kawhi goes to the Lakers, I wouldn’t want to make that move. If he goes to LAC / Toronto, I’d go after it... ideally wouldn’t do more than a 2 year extension to match CP3’s contract.

The other thing with Iggy is he’s another wing. We could use one, but we’ve got 6 rotation capable perimeter players already - Harden, Paul, Gordon, Rivers, House, Green. We’ve got all of 2 big men (one of whom is generously 6-5) in Capela / Tucker. I know they’d go to 4 guards with Iggy a lot, but we really do need some size, or better hope like hell Clark and Hartenstein are ready.

20. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Iggy is a player with an incredibly high basketball IQ.

No matter his age, he will always be a positive on the floor because he just always seems to be in the right place, make the right play or hit the big shot.

If we’re willing to trade a 1st to get Shump and LTS then we should be willing to deal one to acquire someone who we know can crack the rotation on day one and stay in it.

D-rock and RudyTBag like this.