1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Andre Iguodala, JaVale McGee up next on Rockets' wish list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2019.

1. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Iggy's contract would be valuable though as far as future flexibility

2. Rocketsfan3422

Holic that you?

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

I think the most they can pay him is 13 million annually

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I’d do a 1st + Shump S&T for Crowder with the agreement that they buyout Iggy FOR Houston. (Meaning Iggy has to agree to sign with Hou for the trade to happen and for him to be bought out).

Am I playing the Morey 4d chess right? Or do I sound like Hollic?

joshuaao, harold bingo and J.R. like this.
  5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Why would someone like Jamychal Green sign for what's left of our MLE now when there's a chance he could get a windfall from one of the 2 teams who don't wind up w/ Kawhi and need to use up their cap space?

Deuce, don grahamleone and J Sizzle like this.
  6. vick

vick Member

Tilman said money would not keep them from improving the team. Has the Rockets improved yet?

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  7. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

we cant just sign and trade shumpert. He has to agree to the contract and destination. Iggy as a 17 million expiring contract would have value for us next offseason since we will be way over the cap. Iggy is still a solid player. Tucker isnt that much younger and we rely on him for everything

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

exactly. slim chance. lakers, clippers, mavs have $80M left to spend. kawhi is only 30 of it and that's if he leaves Toronto. Morris, Danny Green, JaMychal, forget it they're getting overpaid.

also, its an assumption that the rockets even want to spend the remaining MLE and pay tax. its more likely they just sign someone for the minimum.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

1.) It's July 3.
    2.) The article this thread is based on suggests adding a $17M player while sending out nothing in current committed salary.

10. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

You need to be a smart player to survive in a switch-everything defense. You need to know where to be, when to switch, how to switch, whether to go above/under screens, etc.

These are things that made Ariza and Luc such great fits once upon a time. Clint too, especially last year whenever he showed some ability to stay in front of the Curry’s of the world.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

It's also an assumption that the multiple articles saying they're willing to spend the remaining MLE are bald-faced lies and they only intend to offer minimum contracts.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  12. BigBum

BigBum Member

My friend told me when grizzlies get iguodala, they get an almost unprotected pick.
    When they get rid of iguodala, they still want an almost unprotected pick. That’s huge.

Greediest ever?

13. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

true! I hope they spend it and get a player worth more. but I'll believe it when I see it.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

LOL

15. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Keep farting into that microphone

Nook and J.R. like this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Lol PayPal me 10.99 a month and I’ll send you MY insider newsletter

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Is a dream scenario of signing JaMychal Green with the MLE, McGee with a vet min and Iggy in a sign and trade with Shumpert possible with hard cap and all?

I don’t see us landing any three of those guys because they would all pick L.A. over us, but I could care less about a first rounder if our roster was:

Harden
    Paul
    EG
    Capela
    PJ
    Iggy
    JaMychal Green
    Rivers
    House
    McGee
    Gerald Green

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Sound good.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

No. If we use the MLE we have a hard cap and then we definitely couldn't afford Iggy.

Green for the rest of the MLE is a dream at this point regardless, so Iggy is probably the best bet we have to improve. All of the other valuable NBA guys who signed for bargains are already gone.

D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  20. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

So a 36 year old and a Shaqtin a fool winner are what we truly need? This thread is really depressing. #fireworks Wish we could get some better players like other teams do.