1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] Andre Iguodala, JaVale McGee up next on Rockets' wish list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 3, 2019.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The failure to make a deal wasn't about including Siakim, it was Toronto's inability to match the load of draft picks that LAC gave.

D-rock likes this.
  2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

You wouldn't need to use the Shumpert contract in a deal for Siakam. He makes less than $3M. We have a trade exception large enough to cover his salary. Toronto wouldn't have to take back any salary at all.

D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

Stop with the Siakam nonsense since it's not happening, not because he's not available, but because we couldn't trade anything even if we wanted to. Morey is done. Iggy wants LA.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

All Morey has done is strike out this offseason when it comes to real free agents. We literally added nobody smh.

Dream Shook likes this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I 'stick' by my Masai point.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Cool story. Too bad he's not a free agent.

D-rock likes this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

Even if he won't be, you want to trade a 1st round pick for a guy with a big mouth who doesn't want to be here? Iggy is no saint, he can be quite petty.

mike2k132 likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fair enough.

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol PS is good as a 3rd option. If he your best player u have no chance lol. Trust me he wont be no face lol. If something he in a deal...but first they will see if the can trade the other guys first n see if the can get a better guy to pair with PS. If they cant then I see him gone too. Again good but not number one good

10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Exact that means he doesnt like the teams that wanna trade for him...the rockets

11. The Cat

The guy who met with Houston the last time he was a free agent and called it "the best recruiting presentation of all-time" would be a malcontent?

Just because he'd probably pick LA if money and opportunity were equal doesn't mean he'd be a malcontent otherwise. If you only want players who would pick Houston over all 29 other teams (if money is equal), enjoy having your team led by Gerald Green, Danuel House, and a bunch of dudes at Fonde.

D-rock likes this.
  12. The Cat

So if a report comes out that Harden would sign in LA (his hometown) if he were bought out, would you release him, too?

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Wait, so instead you think the smart move for Masai would be to trade Siakam for what from the Rockets?

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

If they're done competing why not? Do you think they can build a contender around Siakam in a couple of years? And it's not even a timing only thing for me. Siakam is just not Embiid or Giannis, hell, he's not even Porzingis or Tatum. If a team is willing to move some 1st rounders and/or young interesting players if i'm Masai i'm definitely willing to listen and eventually deal him.

xaos likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

So I guess the Iggy trade to Memphis is complete now?

D-rock likes this.
  16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Of course Masai would/should listen/deal him for the right offer, my question was, if you're masai, what package from the Rockets are you going to want? Siakam certainly isn't Embid, Tatum or Zion/Barret, but he's the only valuable B+ level asset you have. OG and FVF are your only other positive assets.

#476 blahblehblah, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Siakam is 25 and just won a championship. There is no reason for Toronto to trade him. They can build around him.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

It's official today

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

D-rock likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

1st round picks, unprotected ones if possible, eventual sweeteners.