1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] 2 Rockets games moved to ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikeyharris, Mar 13, 2013.

1. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Good news for the 60 percent: Rockets April 5 game at Portland picked up by ESPN, moved to 9:30 start.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/311946563180191744">March 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>And another. Season-ender at the Lakers (could be meaningful) also picked up by ESPN.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/311946721401901057">March 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

1 person likes this.
  2. 713

713 Member

YES. FOOK COMCAST!

1 person likes this.
  3. smr6

smr6 Member

Not surprised about the Lakers game.

4. Caris

Caris Member

:cool: How many games had been bumped up to national TV now?

JVG suggested the last Warriors game should be shown on national TV, too.

5. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Don't know the exact number but at least a few. I wish that GSW game was on national TV, it seems we play them well for whatever reason.

The Portland game is a bit of a head scratcher for national TV, but I guess the Wolves have been on national TV all year though, so yay to us for carrying Portland across the ESPN finish line.

6. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

thank you thank you.

im so disgusted with bill worrell's shameless uncontrollable bias during games.

Its really embarrassing considering the large out of houston international fan base that watches the rockets when they here worrell's one sided repugnant bias.

It didnt used to be like this when Calvin was broadcasting games with worrell. Calvin kept Worrell in check and called him out on his BS. Now that he's gone, he has really bean unleased and its not a good look. Matt Bullard is not great and i can see why he lost espn dream job. He's lame with his jokes and its compounded when the total square that is bill worrell joins in on the lameness.

Bring back Calvin in the broadcast booth!!!!!

7. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Wow, lots of hate there in an otherwise happy thread. I actually like Bill and Bull a lot. They are homers, but they're our homers

8. Houston288South

Kick Rocks, CSN Houston, and all you other idiots that won't let us 60% watch the Rockets!

Thank You ESPN!!

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

10. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

i just spoke the truth.

Had to do it. CF.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

he's supposed to be... that's sports announcing. He isn't some reporter bound to ethics of trying to be "unbiased"

12. Anxiety Trooper

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Lemme guess...COF?

14. Caris

Caris Member

I will be at the Portland game on April 5 - VERY excited!!

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Celtics game, Warriors game, Lakers game, Blazers game, and I feel like I am missing one.

16. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

I disagree. I enjoy Bill "Cornbread" Worrell, Bull, and Clyde. Bill has been commentating the games for as long as I can remember. Really miss hearing those guys since I'm forced to watch these away feed streams most of the time... ugh CSN Houston.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Get out of here with that nonsense! Love bill the way he is :cool:

18. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

no he's not suppose to be shamelessly biased. I understand rooting for your team but to be blatantly bias to the point of where your broadcast partners are having to constantly correct you and the viewers can clearly see that it was the proper call yet worrell is still on his full homer rant.... that is not sports announcing.

Every good move a rocket opponent make or any calls against the rockets worrell's quick reaction is bash the call and take take the rockets side even though its quite clear it was the proper call.

Just because other teams have biased announcers doesnt mean its ok to one up them on the shameless homer department.

He's not even suppose to be analyzing calls or plays. He's suppose to be calling the play by play. That's another thing that has gone out of control ever since calvin left. Worrell has stepped out of bounds plenty of time and worn the hat of the analyst.

that's not his job.

I cant be the only one who sees worrell's disgusting bias can I?

19. Caris

Caris Member

How many games were televised nationally last season vs. this season?

20. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I think our two with the Mavs and the Bulls were scheduled before the year began, but I may be wrong about the Mavs game. Those are the only ones I could come up with as well.