1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

February/March Video Game Review/Preview Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Feb 22, 2010.

1. dback816

dback816 Member

Completely disagree.

I wasn't too fond of the My Hands song at first but the International trailer kind convinced me otherwise. Watched it a few times and the song grew on me.

The original jp song is pretty average at best.

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The original song matches the game more lyric wise. I assume since it's made for FF13 while My Hands( like someone mentioned somewhere) feels like a Diva song.

3. dback816

dback816 Member

Except I'm not playing the game with the translation on a piece of paper right next to me.

My Hands was a song they picked off her album, so that's obviously pretty lazy, but the select parts of the song serve as a decent compliment to the game lyric wise.

Overall I think I still like the music of My Hands better.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, what else do you have to upgrade your VCR and your Sony Walkman?

Get with the program!

you are buying a system for Final Fantasy?!...(no comment)

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I did at some point, but I quit keeping up with it. Rather just stick to emails, PSN messages, or something like that.

And I will agree that the original Japanese song wasn't all that great IMO. But putting in a Leona Lewis track is just horrible IMO (and nothing again Lewis...could have been much worse I suppose). I prefer game music to be composed specifically for the game, and I hope Square-Enix doesn't try to continue this trend.

6. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I don't watch much tv and when I do it's online bball games or hulu. If it makes you happy I got a SNES just for Street Fighter 2 and I got Street Fighter 2 turbo as well. Find me a good deal on a 50+ inch hdtv timan.

RC - oh just thought it would be fun talking about rpgs with you since you seem pretty knowledgeable about it.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

if you sit more than 5 feet away from your tv, you should check out 720p 50inch plasmas, best bang for you buck.

you can get a samsung or panasonic for $799.

considering you don't have a ps3 or xbox, this would be a good thing to get, plus you have extra money to buy the game system, extra controllers, a sound system, cables and stand and $60 for an RPG and $20 for the hint book :p

8. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Anyone going to a GameStop midnight release for Final Fantasy XIII? I'm considering it...

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

My mom sent me the money to buy FFXIII for my birthday. Can't decide if I'm going to order from Amazon, or just go get it tonight from Wal-Mart.

10. mic

mic Contributing Member

I have release day shipping for my copy from Amazon. :cool: So stoked. Probably won't bathe for a couple days (kidding... maybe).

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I was thinking about getting the Panasonic TC-PG10 50" plasma. It's kind of expensive though but the reviews seems to be good. Which model plasmas for 799 are you talking about?

Blah I don't need a hint book. I think they ruin the fun of gaming and if I do feel the need to look up info I can just use gamefaqs.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

the 50X1 is around $800 bucks. great reviews.

The G10 got great reviews and it's suppose to be cheaper because the G20 is out soon.

1 person likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

Superstar,
    A buddy of mine bought the x50 from Newegg, they brought the tv up the stairs too.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16889187104

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yeah good deal but I was hoping to find it at a local store ~_~. Oh well I'll probably end up ordering it from there. There's even a bing cashback of 2 percent it looks like haha =). Thanks tin!

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I got a PS3 just for GTA lol. I had a PS2 previously, and wanted Blue Ray.....

I bought a TV from Newegg before too, best decision ever. Saved $$$ on taxes (none from Newegg) and the front door shipping was fantastic. Brought it into the living room. :)

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Blah we Californians get taxed like crazy.

I get bored of GTA games fast. I usually just steal some cars, kill people in different ways, and try to escape/kill cops that come after me. I own San Andreas and some other one.

Already ordered the tv from newegg, thanks again tin for pointing it out. I would of gotten the X14 series (at costco) or the G10 if you haven't pointed it out.