1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

February 8: NBA 2018 Trade Deadline Predictions Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Nov 28, 2017.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

he may be referring to a every night rotational player which faried is not and neither is black

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Do I watch basketball? You are so funny.

Your comparison to Black proves my point. He's a borderline worthless 3rd string C. The guy is terrible. Take your own advice and "think please".

None of the 3 guys is worth a dime to the Rockets. Faried got paid and the NBA left him behind. The Rockets miss Trez like a hole in their head. That's why Morey tossed him in the mixed salad to get CP3. If he wasn't too small to guard Cs and keep them off the glass, maybe he could be a serviceable backup. He's also not averaging 15 points.

"Energy guys" that can't dribble, playmake, shoot, play shut down defense or rebound on an elite level are just NBA chaff.

Jontro and csc177 like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  4. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Look forward to revisting this post, I have to agree to disagree. But time will prove who is right. I think he could help us. As a end of a bench guy. My point is he better then black. N obviously morey thought black would be useful when he signed him

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

• The Cavaliers continue to engage Sacramento on George Hill, sources told Yahoo Sports, and the Kings have quietly been looking for a third team to involve. The Cavs — who have little interest in taking on the $19 million Hill is owed next season — have pushed for J.R. Smith and Iman Shumpert to be part of the package, a source said, which the Kings have no interest in. Cleveland has shown a willingness to part with its own first-round pick in other deals, but thus far trading the coveted unprotected Brooklyn Nets pick has not been seriously considered.

• The Celtics have canvassed the league for a bench scorer — Tyreke Evans and Lou Williams have been discussed — but have shown a strong reluctance to include a first-round pick in any deal. Boston has shopped Marcus Smart but the asking price (a first-round pick) has been deemed by some teams with interest to be unrealistic. The Celtics believe they will have options on the buyout market, so they could sit this deadline out.
    • Denver could have cap problems next season, so there is some momentum there to make a deal now. Emmanuel Mudiay is available, and Denver would love to get out of the final year of Wilson Chandler’s contract. The Nuggets have interest in Smart, but are among the teams unwilling to meet Boston’s asking price.
    • The Thunder — who never had any intention of trading Paul George — have canvassed the league in search of bench help. The need for a wing defender increased in the wake of Andre Roberson’s season-ending knee injury, and OKC has indeed done due diligence on Avery Bradley, Jonathan Simmons and any other wing defender it believes could be on the market. But with limited assets, the Thunder will likely wait and see if the asking price for that type of player comes down closer to the deadline, or wait and try to land someone on what could be a robust buyout market.
    • The Hawks, under the leadership of first-year GM Travis Schlenk, have made everyone available, several rival team executives said. As Atlanta rebuilds, Schlenk has been seeking expiring contracts and draft picks in deals. Marco Belinelli and Ersan Ilyasova, veteran, floor-spacing players, have generated interest, as has second-year swingman Taurean Prince. Dennis Schroder is available, but the three-years and $46.5 million remaining on Schroder’s deal coupled with a string of maturity issues have made interest minimal.
    • Like Atlanta, the Magic are open for business. Jonathan Isaac is considered untouchable, while it would take a significant offer to pry Aaron Gordon loose. Orlando’s new management doesn’t seem interested in bringing back Elfrid Payton, whose 3-point shooting percentage has spiked to 37.3 percent this season, and Mario Hezonja has been shopped hard in recent days
    • The Hornets continue to field calls on Kemba Walker, but no Walker deal gets done unless a team absorbs one of the handful of bad contracts on Charlotte’s roster, sources said. Another variable at play: The future of GM Rich Cho. Cho is in the final year of his contract and there have been rumblings that former Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak is a favorite among high-ranking team officials to take over next summer. If Hornets owner Michael Jordan is resolved to replace Cho, he may not sign off on dealing Charlotte’s most appealing asset.
    • Relax, Marc Gasol fans — it’s unlikely the Grizzlies’ franchise center is moved this week. Memphis has fielded offers for Gasol, but Grizz officials have been underwhelmed. Tyreke Evans has been shut down in anticipation of a trade, and there is an expectation that if Memphis can’t procure a first-round pick for Evans — difficult given Evans’ contract status — it will take the best offer on the table for Evans.

• The Clippers are telling teams they are fine holding on to DeAndre Jordan and Lou Williams through the deadline — though you would be hard-pressed to find too many who believe them. Portland has engaged the Clippers on Jordan. Cleveland and Milwaukee have, too. A team to watch: Washington. There is some buzz that the Wizards could put together a Marcin Gortat/Kelly Oubre-headlined package that the Clippers, who have vowed not to bottom out, could find appealing.
    • The Blazers have shopped their bad contracts — Maurice Harkless and Meyers Leonard are there for the taking. But would Portland break up its star backcourt? The Blazers have serious cap issues, and the underwhelming play of Jusuf Nurkic has made the magic the team discovered at the end of last season elusive. Damian Lillard isn’t going anywhere, and there doesn’t seem to be an offer for C.J. McCollum that makes sense — yet. Portland has cooled on the pursuit of Jordan in recent days, but there is a sense that the Blazers could re-engage there before the deadline.
    • If you want Tyson Chandler or Jared Dudley, call — Phoenix is willing to send out both of them.
    • Brooklyn will continue to be opportunistic, willing to absorb a bad contract if the right draft consideration comes with it.
    • Houston continues to dangle Ryan Anderson.
    • The Jazz are in a weird place. They have won six straight to climb back into the playoff picture, but teams that have checked in got the sense that everyone but Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell is available. Mitchell’s emergence and a reluctance to pay Rodney Hood this summer has made Hood expendable.
    • There is a growing sense that the Lakers could hold on to Julius Randle through the deadline. Teams’ awareness that the Lakers need to move Randle to clear the cap space to make a run at the top free agents this summer has diminished the market significantly.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-trade-...-teams-appear-ready-make-moves-180159428.html

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dangle berry.

8. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Tyreke Evans to BOS for a 2020 1st rd pick and some of that exception.

Maybe a bigger one if they want to part with Smart.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I thought Black would be useful until he actually started playing. That was rough. Not sure what happened to him.

The thing with Trez is this: He hasn't improved since his promising freshmen year at UL. I actually like the guy and want him to succeed.

We'll see about Faried but I don't know if the Nuggets can unload him. They've been trying for a while. He makes too much for an end of bench guy.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i predict we will be surprised with okc trades

11. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Terrence Ferguson, 2019 1st, one of Singler/Collison/Jearmi Grant for Avery Bradley

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

trezzl developed kinda good chemistry with harden on pnr tho

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's been so quiet. LeBron not waiving. Lou staying.

I feel like everyone is waiting for the Tyreke Evans domino to fall.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mannix: Celtics made one big move already - Greg Monroe. It's a good move. Question becomes is what do they do with their assets? They've been dangling Marcus Smart. Do Celtics give up something?

Scalabrine: 1st for Tyreke? If Tyreke had bird rights, they'd think about it but not for a 3-month rental. They don't have the space to keep him. I don't see them give up cheap labor for a guy for 3 months.

Mannix: Bobby Marks would give up a 1st.

Mannix: Give me a team that needs to make a deal.

Lee: I'm going OKC. Losing Roberson is a huge loss. His absence is something they have to compensate for. If OKC can find another perimeter defender...if you're gonna win in the West, you need wing defenders & can't put it all on Paul George

Mannix: Bradley would look good in OKC. ... OKC, from what I'm told, is being opportunistic. They've done the research on Bradley, Hood, Simmons - basically every wing player out there. They're in a tough spot because of limited assets. OKC is waiting to see if a team dangling a wing will blink. If that happens, OKC can steal someone. If teams hold firm, OKC could get left out. Buyout market is widely believed to be robust. There are teams that will try & tank.

Scalabrine: OKC has to be attractive on the buyout market. Tyreke Evans is good but a 1st for 3 months? I can see the buyout market what we're talking about. It'll come down to selling what you got going. Houston would be another one. Trade deadline is nice but buyout market will be interesting.

Mannix: Wizards are in a tough spot. Some rumblings that there might be a Oubre/Gortat for Jordan trade that could be discussed. Clippers said they don't want to bottom out. Gortat is talented but a pain in the ass at times. What would you do with John Wall?

Scalabrine: Chicago makes sense. Washington is capped out. I don't know how good that team is. To be capped out & next thing you know, you're a 1st/2nd round exit, not a good place to be. Feasible for Washington to look at Chicago and say we'll take Dunn & your pick this year. Is that a decent haul?

Mannix: If I'm a team looking at Wall, I'm looking at all the knee injuries, a contract that will pay him close to $40M. I don't know that I give up real assets for John Wall.

Mannix: Clippers extended Lou, taking him off the market. Teams that have called the Clippers were told back if we don't get what we want for Lou & DeAndre, we're keeping them. They pulled back on Lou. DeAndre can opt out at the end of the year. Now that Griffin is gone & Lou will be around, is DeAndre the type of guy that you commit long term money to?

Scalabrine: I'd give him 3 years, anywhere between $25-$30M. No matter what, a guy rolling to the basket causes you to collapse. I care about what he does to the defense when he dives to the basket. I would be fine with him being part of my rebuild.

Mannix: Don't think they'll give him away. ... Doc Rivers future?

Scalabrine: I think he loves coaching. If there was another job that opened where he thought he could win a championship but as of right now, ...they gotta fire him if they don't want him there.

Lee: Some good living in LA. I think he enjoys it.

Mannix: I'd keep an eye on the Knicks job if they open up. It's an appealing job with Porzingis and another high pick they'll have this year. Go back to the East Coast. I think it's possible.

Lee: With this underdog team in the playoff hunt, I think people are starting to appreciate his value as a coach. Not getting past the 2nd round was held against him. I think his value has increased this year by coaching an inferior team.

Scalabrine: I don't think he'd want to coach the Cavs. When I watch him coach the Clippers & how hard they play, I don't think he has a problem coaching them.

Koperboy, malakas and Vivi like this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Indiana get some trade deals done i reckon

Vivi likes this.
  17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Guess the expected loss of money, crazy deals in years prior and deadline shift has caused this rather quiet deadline. I don’t think anything crazy will go down, maybe one big deal involving DJ. Probably won’t see any surprises or deals that really shake up the playoff picture.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just some other random rumors.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  20. malakas

malakas Member

It has begun! :D

Vivi likes this.