1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feature] Justice League

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dmenacela, Jun 8, 2012.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

same thing with AquaMan.

I guess if the actors spent 6+ months busting ass in the gym they wanted make the most of it via screen time.

K mf G likes this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't believe that's accurate.

FWIW...my 13 year old son saw JL...said it was alright.

If you're firmly invested in these characters and particularly the combination of JL, then don't let anyone piss on your party. Enjoy this effing movie, regardless of what I or some dumb ass critic has to say about it. I'll check it out when it comes on cable or Netflix/Amazon.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I never even knew these people shared a universe together. I was born in 85 and wasn't much of a comic book person.

My dream of dreams is that Nolan would do a 4th Batman one day revolving around an even older Bruce Wayne vs. Johnny Depp as the Riddler.

fba34 and MadMax like this.
  4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Solid 5/10 for me.

Overpowering Supes against a shitty villain is like making a Fast & Furious movie about one last heist. I hope Darkseid wrecks him.

I’m also now convinced Ben Affleck is an average Batman.

Wonder Woman & Barry Allen salvaged some entertainment for me.

Seriously Gal Gadot owns the screen because of how fine she is.

tinman likes this.
  5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

For real, yet the most we see from Diana Prince is her sexy ass in tights.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I need a vomiting emoji

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I want to see the movie for the stache disaster

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Not a dumpster fire, but far from a good movie. Vanilla as vanilla could ever get. Was there really any doubt that their plan would work? Was there any doubt that this rag tag team of lone wolves somehow find a way to like each other and work together? Oh and hey, let's bring Superman back to life and make him super everything. From a storyline standpoint, it felt like a Mighty Ducks movie. The acting wasn't bad, and there was some real chemistry between the stars, but that isn't enough to carry this thing. The fight scenes seemed... Long. Like it was a labor to watch them. It was like suicide squad, but this time with good guys.

No green lantern? Cyborg without Beast Boy? I mean, c'mon.

ghettocheeze, Rocket River and fba34 like this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

So my 13 year old said that exactly. He said something like..."It was good. It was really predictable though."

That's not terrible criticism. I've been to lots of movies I enjoyed where I had a pretty good idea of what was gonna happen.

You referenced Suicide Squad. I don't know if that was good or not....I"m not sure...I was too mesmerized by Margot Robbie to really know what was even going on.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It was rumored that they would actually have Cyborg with the Human Beat Box, but they cut that in the reshooting. Too bad.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  11. Pizza_Da_Hut

I think there has to be some doubt, even if it's tiny, that the hero will make it. The hero can survive, but honestly, I had zero doubt they would make it. Then, when superman came back to life and destroyed everything, it just felt lazy.

MadMax likes this.
  12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Superman was Bobby Boucher at halftime of the Bourbon Bowl

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I wonder if the plot could be mapped onto the Bad News Bears. This is actually the first thought that has me wanting to see it.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

I mean, isn't that the plot of Suicide Squad.
    Hard-drinking, ex-marine Rick Flag grumpily agrees to coach Task Force X, a team at the behest of intelligence officer Amanda Waller, who has a vendetta against bad guys. After failing with his new team of misfits, Flag then gets the team to try again randomly and leads the charge -- but can he find the luck and patience to whip these outcasts into shape?

I mean, not quite, but good enough...

B-Bob likes this.
  15. thejav

thejav Member

Boy was this a bad movie. Smh DC.

tinman and fba34 like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I thought it was an okay movie. Yeah, it was a big cgi mess only a gamer would love, but I didn't feel pissed off like I did with MoS and BvS, where you had two of DC's most ideal and powerful characters kill because they had no other option to be above killing.

There was some fun bits, and Wonder Woman classed up the joint. You could tell where Whedon put in his "dialogue cuts".

Whedon probably cameo'd as that homeless man in the beginning with his "I tried" sign.

I wonder if they chopped off scenes where Zack Snyder deliberately trolls the fans like making Alfred go full on gay or extra drawn out but pretty scenes where bad guy is acting like this douchebag jagoff millennial, because you know,
    Zack-Snyder-is-a-****ing-brilliant-artiste-and-he-can-do-whatever-the-****-he-wants-in-his-movies-even-ruin-it-without-needing-a-reason-to-ruin-it.

I expect this movie to make more than BvS. Thor is a strong showing, so it's a toss up. But I'm guessing JL will go gangbusters internationally, orange stache and all.

RIP Jimmy Olsen. That douche who plays Luther should be be dead, not you and your 5 seconds of screentime in BvS!!!

#476 Invisible Fan, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

So great to find a fellow reader of the current comics. I'm reading more of them than I have since I was a kid. Tom King's Batman and Mister Miracle are classic IMO and Priest's Deathstroke is maybe the best surprise hit of Rebirth. Also Young Animal. I especially like Doom Patrol and Shade the Changing Girl.

Less than 24 hours until Doomsday Clock. I really can't wait for the followup on the Joker. I won't say more than that for fear of spoilers.

Also the METAL tie-ins have been outstanding.

London'sBurning and Jturbofuel like this.
  18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Isn't that what they said about Michael Keaton.

And he was only 5'9" not a 5'11' giant that Jake is according to you.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Cavill is 6'1''. Jake at 5'11'' maybe 6' with the batsuit should be fine. You don't want Batman towering over Supes.

20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Affleck is 6'4"... so he IS towering over Supes atm.