1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favre on the Cover of Madden 09

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lil Pun, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Does this mean the curse is over?

http://www.gamespy.com/xbox-360/madden-nfl-09/869428p1.html

Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that former Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre will be featured as the cover athlete of Madden NFL 09, coming to stores across North America on August 12 from EA Sports. Madden NFL 09 marks the 20th anniversary of one of the best-selling and most critically-acclaimed videogame franchises of all time, and the game will feature adaptable gameplay tailored to every type of gamer, online enhancements and a broadcast style presentation delivering an authentic NFL experience.

"Madden NFL Football and Brett Favre are sports icons who have set the standard and revolutionalized their positions within their respective genres," said Madden NFL Executive Producer Dale Jackson. "Brett Favre is a perfect fit for the Madden NFL 09 cover, as he epitomizes everything the franchise has stood for the past 20 years - longevity, excellence, and a love of football."

For passionate Madden NFL fans, this year's iteration will take authenticity and depth of gameplay to an entirely new level with more than 85 new features and enhancements, including the all-new Virtual Trainer tutorial mode. Utilizing a holographic environment, this mode teaches gamers simple concepts about playing football and how to use the controls in quick, fun and stylized drills. In Madden NFL 09, the game engine is continually assessing the player's performance and will adapt a custom experience to every type of gamer, from newcomer to the veteran Madden NFL player.

Madden NFL 09 will also feature a network-inspired broadcast presentation. Players will benefit from the authentic football knowledge of an in-booth play-by-play and color commentary team featuring Cris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond. In addition, numerous graphical enhancements have been made, including realistic weather and grass, sleeker player models and exterior stadium views.

Madden NFL 09 gives gamers the ability to create online leagues. Avid Madden NFL fans can now take their rivalries online and compete in leagues with up to 32 teams. Online league play will feature in-depth stat tracking, player trades and a flexible scheduling option.

Favre's legacy is cemented as one of the most beloved players of his generation and one of the most admired NFL players to ever grace the cover of Madden NFL. The future Hall of Famer is the league's only three-time Most Valuable Player and he holds the NFL record for most consecutive starts for quarterbacks. He completed his 17-year career as the NFL's all-time leader in touchdowns, completions, attempts, yards, and wins.

Last year, Madden NFL 08 was named the 2007 Game Critics "Best Sports Game" award at the E3 Media and Business Summit, "Best Team Sports Game" at the Spike TV Video Games Awards, "Best Sports Game of the Year" by GameTrailers. The game also earned GameSpot's "Best Sports Game" Reader's Choice Award and was named one of MSNBC's "Best Sports Games" of 2007. Over the past 20 years, the Madden NFL franchise has sold more than 70 million* copies and, since 2002, Madden NFL football has been the top selling sports game** each year in North America.

Madden NFL 09 is developed in Orlando, Florida by the award-winning EA Tiburon studio, which also produces NCAA Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR and NASCAR racing.

Madden NFL 09 will be available for the Xbox and Xbox 360 video game systems from Microsoft, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, Wii, Nintendo DS, PSP (PlayStation Portable) handheld entertainment system and is rated RP by the ESRB.

EA Sports is the leading interactive sports software brand in the world, with top-selling titles and franchises including Madden NFL Football, FIFA Soccer, NHL hockey, NBA Live basketball, NCAA Football, Tiger Woods PGA Tour and NASCAR racing.

For more information about Madden NFL 09, check out www.madden09.com.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

now heres a guy who could be on the cover of madden when he's retired

he ha he he

i mean if god played quarterback I'd still choose bret farve as my guy

3. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

...and he'll proceed to tear his ACL mowing his front lawn. The Madden curse will never be denied.

The broadcasting and online changes do sound pretty good though.

4. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Seems obvious they finally took the so-called curse head on and named somebody they figured couldn't further propagate the hex. As long as Brett Favre can survive the year, the curse ought to be declared conquered.

If I'm Favre, I'm scared.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Dear Madden,

Thank you for choosing me.

BTW, I am retiring and I know about the curse. So, no thanks.
    I was just joking. I'll take the deal.
    Wait, I decided to play with the NFL's feelings: I will retire.
    No I won't. I will look good on the cover. Sign me up.
    Oh, who the eff am I kidding... I don't know what I want... :confused:
    F. I need the money... can I stay retired but still be on the cover? :D

Signed,
    Brett Favre.

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm not buying this game until all the damn franchise glitches are fixed. POS game. Sucks so much when you invest time with other players into multiple franchises just to the it freeze anywhere from season 3 to 9. Madden 08 was full of bugs in franchise mode...curious as to how this one will be.

7. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Madden gameplay < NCAA gameplay

8. Lil Pun

You know what kills me are the glitches with the online play where you can sit there winning a game by 4 TDs and the damn opponent glitches you and you end up with the loss and their record is spotless. I've only played online on the PS2 but I have heard XBOX has taken steps to knock that kind of stuff out.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not last year next gen. Sadly.
    The first NCAA impressions came out last night btw. And EA quickly put restrictions on the reviews rumored to be related towards negativity of the reviews.

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I've read a lot of bad crap about the online play at the ncaastrategies.com utopia board. I think EA just has problems with their online stuff for both games, so I avoid the online.

My buddy and I spent so much time building up NCAA dynasties and them exporting them to Madden. NCAA 08 gameplay does suck by the way...the option is unstoppable b/c the AI rarely covers the RB even when the sliders are adjusted to maximum. At least the dynasty doesn't have freezing problems.

Madden's gameplay for 08 is much better, but the damn freezes. There's at least 3 different freeze problems in franchise mode and it sucks to holy hell.

11. tulexan

tulexan Member

I believe Favre is the first white player to be on the Cover.

12. Lil Pun

You know what, just looked back at the roster and it appears you are right.

13. Lil Pun

Never really played franchise mode but a lot of online gaming. I eventually stopped the online gaming because people kept cheating and cheating. Is this just on the PSN or does Live have the same problem?

14. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

From what I've read, X-Box Live has just very many online glitches and cheese plays for NCAA and Madden.

The Utopia NCAA bbs has a game night where all they play NCAA and no one is supposed to cheese or cheat, and even then you read about cheaters crashing the party. If I were to play online on Live, that'd probably be the only people I'd play with just because I've read so much anger over getting shafted by cheaters and cheesers, and I already get annoyed enough by the problems within the game itself.

15. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Well, NCAA was a BLAST last year. Madden, as per usual, sucked monkey balls.

16. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

After Vince sucked it up last year, no active athlete wants to be on the cover.

17. Prettyfly

Prettyfly Member

BRING BACK THE NFL 2K SERIES!!

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I disagree. NCAA had huge menu lag and game killing roster glitches. Madden, post patch, was near perfect.

19. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Commercial:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2SdtonMbds&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l2SdtonMbds&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

20. Carlos Nice

Carlos Nice Rookie

BS !!! there's no such thing as white football players...