1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Yao Ming moment?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Sep 12, 2014.

1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Jss1xEzh5b4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Jss1xEzh5b4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

2. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

YAO, RESPECT!

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I do apologize. When Yao was super fluid and not injured it was rather speedy in the offense. Unbelievably quick for a guy that measures 7'6 3/8" barefoot...

4. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Couldn't remember if it was his rookie or 2nd season, made my way over to basketball reference and found out it was his second year. In the 03-04 season in a home game against the Hawks that went to triple ot Yao went off for 41/16/7/2. I remember playing basketball that night and after I was finished going on my phone to check the Rocket score. Noticed Ya had around 30 points in regulation and than came the overtimes. As I was following the game on my phone refreshing like every 30 seconds, it seemed like Yao scored all our points en route to what I'm sure was a at the time career high of 41.

That was a fun season and a good team that gave the Lakers team that lost in the Finals to the Pistons all they could handle in probably the tighest 5 game series of any best of 7. To this day I still think what would have happened had JJ hit that 3 from the corner in game 1.

5. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Why were some Lakers fans clapping when Yao returned to the game? I thought they would try to boo him back into the tunnel.

6. arjun

arjun Member

when he dunked on the clippers or someone and said "you cant Fin STOP ME...b****!!!"

7. Deep Waters

Deep Waters Member

His perfect game against the Blazers in the 2009 playoffs... (AB's 3 assault also comes to mind in reference to that series :cool:).

In addition, I could never forget his clutch, "and-one" Shangai Shake to give the rockets the lead with just a few ticks left in one game during the regular season (also against the Blazers). Ever more everlasting, was the insane Brandon Roy buzzer beater that shortly followed. :mad::mad::mad:

8. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

9. JazzLakerHater

Honestly that Yao 9/9 performance against Portland was my favorite Rockets moment in the last 15 years, even more so than 22 game win streak. After that but kicking Yao gave Portland in that game, I knew we were going to win that series.

10. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

I think it might be when he dunked on I think Ratliff and made a stink face. Calvin Murphy "Yao Ming talkin trash, Yao Ming talkin trash!!!!". Classic moment lmao. The 1st time Yao showed some anger

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Wait so a 7'6 300 pound center is meant to be able to guard the 3 point like and stay in front of a nimble ass powerforward?

He ain't perfect but he tried his ass off for the rockets

12. val_modus

val_modus Member

Top 3:
    Yao making Charles Barkley kiss a donkey's ass
    The series against Portland
    His behind the back fastbreak dunk against... Washington?

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When he and ron did a post game interview after winning a playoff series

1 person likes this.
  14. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Wow, they're so many.

1. "Rocky", "Willis Reed" inspiring comeback against the LA Lakers in the playoffs. When the camera showed him in the tunnel stretching and when he hit his first shot coming back, it was so emotional. I knew we were winning that game and I really thought the series. That should have shut up any of his remaining haters that said he was soft.

2. Yao v Shaq pt. 1. When he blocked Shaq's first three shots, you knew he was legit and not some stiff. It put the rest of the league in check, especially all his doubters coming into the league err Charles Barkley and Dick Vitale among many others. Paraphrasing this here, but I recall his quote when he was asked how he is going to compete against Shaq for the first time: "It's a mountain I have to conquer". Modesty and confidence at its finest.

3. Behind the back against Portland. I remember being a little miffed that it didn't rank #1 in Sportscenter top 10 plays. I think it was behind a Vince Carter dunk or something. But, wow. You talk about a special move for a man his size. There are guards who haven't pulled that move off on a fast break yet in the NBA.

The dude was special. We, Rockets fans have had it amazing when it comes to big men. I don't think you'll see another player like him. Most 7'5" people can't walk and chew gum at the same time let alone do Shanghai shakes. I am so glad he hasn't ended up like most retired athletes--broke, divorced, and intoxicated--but rather helping to make the world a better place. We miss you Yao!

15. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I think the best part of that video is seeing Deke's reaction in slo-mo. He's like DAAMNNNN you a bad mofo.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Every single game he ever played. That dude was fun to watch. Miss seeing him in the league.

…and the regular interview japing...

17. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I remember that play but he wasn't that good a passer. That was probably the best pass he made his whole career.

Miss the guy, miss that artful post game he had. Don't see that kind of play among centers anymore other than Chris Kaman but he's nowhere on Yao's level.

18. Ismail

Ismail Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hvvAMDrMcO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So many great moments against the Blazers.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

pretty sure it was Eddie Griffin (RIP) who made that entry pass to Yao. I think I have that highlight saved somewhere on my computer

20. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member