1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Superhero and superhero time line?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 17, 2001.

?

Favorite Superhero and time line

1. Batman

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  2. Aquaman

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Superman

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. Flash

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Wonderwoman

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. Hulk

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Captain America

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  8. Green Lantern

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. Spiderman

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  10. Other

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

I stumbled onto some Superhero Biography's and timelines. Strange, but interesting. I tried to put them together as best I could, eliminating some of the more boring superheros.

1910: The birthing matrix containing Kal-El of Krypton lands outside Smallville, Kansas. Kal-El is adopted by Jonathan and Martha Kent, who name him Clark Kent.

1915: Bruce Wayne is born to Thomas and Martha Wayne.

1916: Carter Hall (Hawkman) was born. the reincarnation of an Egyptian prince named Khufu

1917: Steve Rogers (Captain America) was born in New York City to Joseph and Sarah Rogers. He grew up frail and sickly, frequently picked on by kids bigger and stronger than him.

Alan Scott (The Green Lantern is born).

1918: Garrick (Flash) was born. Childhood a mystery.

1921: Falcon (Captain America's sidekick) born.

1922:Gotham City socialites Thomas and Martha Wayne are murdered by a mugger, leaving their young son Bruce an orphan.

1923: AquaMan was born. A mermaid banned from Atlantis for a crime sleeps with a lighthouse keeper. Aquaman was banned from Atlantis as a baby because of his blond hair, which was seen by the superstitious Atlantean as a curse. Raised first by dolphins then by a lighthouse keeper who gave him his own name, Arthur Curry.

1924: Robert Bruce Banner was born in Dayton, Ohio,the son of Dr. Brian Banner and Rebecca Banner. He was loved by his mother, but hated by his alcoholic father, who was extremely jealous of his relationship with his mother.

1925: Dinah Drake (black Canary) was born in the 1920s to police officer Richard Drake and his wife. From early childhood, Dinah received intensive physical training from her father, who also taught her basic police skills and instilled in her the desire to join the Gotham City police force.

1930: Clark Kent made two decisions that affected his career as Superman. First, he decided that he needed to leave the small town of his youth and move to a large city, to have greater access to the needy population. To this end, he boarded up his family home and moved to Metropolis. Second, he needed a job that would give him instant access to news of crime and disasters.

Sometime this decade Cyclops was born in Anchorage Alaska, Roque was born, Jubilee was born in Beverly Hills, Gambit and Wolverine were born.

1938: Garrick's (Flash) work with one of his mentors, Professor Hughes, led to new insights about the nature of "hard water." One night, in a late experiment, Garrick paused to indulge his smoking habit around 3 AM. Lighting the cigarette, Garrick knocked over some of the "hard water," spilling it and several other chemicals. Garrick was overcome by the fumes and lay unconscious in the laboratory for hours until Hughes arrived to check his progress the next morning.

1939: Alan Scott (Green Lantern) was an engineer designing railways in the American Southwest. At the time, a man named Dekker was his company's principal business rival. Dekker sabotaged a rail bridge designed by Scott's company. Scott was testing a new locomotive, crossing the sabotaged bridge, when Dekker's explosive detonated, derailing the train and killing everyone aboard except for Scott. Scott's life was saved because he held onto train lantern made of an odd green train metal. In the wreckage, the lantern spoke to him, revealing a strange history.

1940: Petty crook Eel O'Brian gains the power to stretch his body and change his shape after being doused with acid. Renouncing his life of crime, he becomes Plastic Man.

Horrified by the Nazi atrocities depicted in newreels, Steve (Captain America) tried to enlist in 1940. He was rejected by the examination board but his enthusiasm and dedication managed to gain the attention of others. After that, Steve underwent some months of tests and training, and was finally injected with the Super-Soldier formula. He was then given a costume.

Superman first encountered Luthor in early 1940 when he intervened in a war between the small European nations of Toran and Galonia. When Lex was born is unknown.

In late 1940, Batman was contacted by the federal government to become part of a covert strike force against Nazi operations in Great Britain. During this case, he and fellow mystery-men Flash and Green Lantern were captured.

Logan´s (Wolverine) was in World War II. At that time, he fought side by side with Captain America and saved Natasha Romanofa, who would be the Black Widow, from Ninja´s of the Hand.

1941: The Joker had been a common criminal involved in an attempt to steal enough money to retire at an early age. He had adopted the identity of the Red Hood and, during his final case in that identity, robbed the Monarch Card Company. As he fled the scene, he was forced to swim through a vat of dyes and chemicals used in the manufacture of the cards. When he emerged, he found that the compounds had permanently altered his face and hair.

Flash makes his first appearance by meeting Aqua Man. Introducing Aqua man on how to be a superhero.
    the Flash married Joan Williams

Aquaman, Black Canary, Flash, Green Lantern and Martian Manhu formed the first Justice league. Flash is named chairman. Superman was consider a honoree, but was not part of the League. They formed in Rhode Island.

Selina Kyle changes careers from dominatrix to burglar, becoming Catwoman

Green Arrow joins the Justice League. Flash proposes to offer Adam Strange membership as well.

Bruce Wayne to fund the JLA's activities. But he does not join.

1942: Wonder Woman arrives from the future. In 1942, Wonder Woman encountered the Justice League of America. A male-dominated organization, the JLA declined Wonder Woman full membership, despite the fact that she possessed more raw ability than any of the current membership except the Spectre.

Wonderman was, however, offered a position as "secretary," which she accepted

Formerly a small time hoodlum dubbed "Snap". Sam Wilson became the Falcon when his plane crashed while on a mission for the mob. The plane crashed on an Island owned by a group of professional killers called the Exiles, who were working for the Red Skull. Red Skull's plan was devised to get The Falcon close to Cap and then have the Falcon turn on him in battle. The plan ultimately failed and previously forgotten memories of Sam's hoodlum days returned as he confessed that he indeed was "Snap" Wilson.

1944: Superman marry's Lois Lane.

1947: Trying to save Rick Jones Bruce Banner was caught in the heart of a nuclear explosion. Banner now finds himself transformed into seven feet, one thousand pounds of unfettered fury - the most powerful creature to walk the earth. Banner's first transformation was into the grey Hulk, who was not as mindless as the green version. It is believed each version of the Hulk represented a part of Banner's subconscious personalities. At first Banner transformed at sunset and then under periods of stress.

1949: Hawkman joins the JLA. Leaving his band of superheros for a better group.

Barbara Gordon debuts as Batgirl

After helping defeat Fire-Eye the dinosaur Superman reluctantly accepts membership in the JLA (in part because of prodding from Batman).

Superman races the Flash

When Batman calls Superman on a blunder, the Man of Steel requests honorary status but suggests that Batman join in his stead; the Dark Knight accepts.

1951 Hawkman is chairman of the Justice League.

Agamemno convinces Luthor to form the Injustice Society (with Black Manta, Catwoman, Chronos, Dr. Light, Felix Faust, Mr. Element, Penguin & Sinestro) in a plot to take over the Earth.

Robin joins the Justice League.

The JLA play spectators to the second race between Superman and the Flash.

When Paradise Island moves to another dimension, Wonder Woman chooses to stay on Earth. She loses her powers and adopts a civilian uniform.

Wonder Woman resigns from the Justice League.

Black Canary retires

The Joker tricks Snapper Carr (funder of money) into betraying the location of the Secret Sanctuary.

1952: Despite Green Arrows objections, the J.L.of A. builds a new satellite headquarters, 22,300 miles above Earth. They consider it to be largely undetectable, but Lex Luthor learns of it's creation

Wonder Woman regains her super-powers. Wonder Woman requests that the Justice League begin monitoring her activities to assess her eligibility for re-admittance.

Hawkman resigns when Aquaman's son is killed by Black Manta. Aquaman goes Mad. The Atom is chairman.

Green Arrow suggests Black Lightning for membership, which he ultimately refuses.

1953: Considering his trial for the murder of Professor Zoom, the JLA members vote to allow the Flash to remain in the League.

The Atom divorces from his wife

Aqua man goes blind and devlops his sonar powers with animals of the deep.

Aquaman disbands the League and calls for a new JLA whose members are willing to devote themselves 100% to the League. Black Canary, Firestorm, Green Arrow, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, and Red Tornado leave. Remaining members Aquaman, Elongated Man, J'onn J'onzz, and Zatanna recruit Vixen, Steel and Vibe to join the new League. The JLA moves to a new headquarters, the Bunker, in Detroit.

Aquaman, deciding his marriage is more important than his League membership, resigns.

Lex Luthor and Lois Lane send their infant son, Alex Luthor, to Earth.

1958: Black Vulcan Born

1961: The Fantastic Four consists of four heroes, Reed Richards, Benjamin Grimm, Susan Storm (later Richards), and Johnny Storm. When an experimental rocket flight planned by Richards and Grimm is cancelled, the four sneak onto the launch pad and take off in the rocket themselves. Once they leave the Earth’s atmosphere, the rocket is subjected to unknown cosmic radiation, against which the craft is unshielded. The four crash land back on Earth, but not before the radiation takes its toll.

1962: Spiderman Born. Peter Parker was orphaned at an early age, and went to live in Forest Hills, Queens, New York

1963: Falcon did spend his time helping the poor and mistreated inhabitants of his old neighborhood. In one strip he is asked by a villain where he is from, he proudly says "the ghetto!

1964: The Harlequin revealed to Alan Scott (green Lantern) that she was his longtime employee and confidante. The two were married shortly thereafter.

168: Green Lantern Power ring destoyed.

1978: Black Vulcan joins the Justice League.

1982: It was at a scientific demonstration of a new radiation technology, that the incident happened which was to change Peter Parker's life forever. Unperceived by the crowd, a spider had crept into the beam of radiation being generated by the experiment. It dropped down onto the hand of our erstwhile genius, Peter Parker, and (glowing strangly all the while) bit him upon the hand.

1987: The U.S. Government Commission on Superhuman Activity exerted their influence, and attempts to make Captain America their own operative.

.......keeps on going....

#1 PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 17, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2001
  2. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

HEY!! wheres Space Ghost :confused:

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Spaceghost is tough...I just tried to look him up and found this

"I have researched through books, comics, and all the TV cartoon shows and I cannot find any indication of Space Ghost's origin. One book speculated that he was either a scientist who invented this great costume and power bands, or he was given the costume by the galactic patrol. "

He was cool as crap though!

4. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

Peter Parker was not bitten by that radioactive spider in 1982! I was buying Spider-Man comics in the early 70's and i know that those stories were not set in the future.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'd hate to say Space Ghost!?!? ;)

My favorite, since I'm a modern guy, would have to be David Dunne, Mr. Unbreakable.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Where's the Hurricane on your list?

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I must have missed this...

Lex Luthor and Lois Lane send their infant son, Alex Luthor, to Earth.

8. Rockets Fan Trapped In MN

Rockets Fan Trapped In MN Contributing Member

So? Who won the race between Superman and the Flash?!

9. THE BREESE

THE BREESE Member

Where is bannana man?

10. PhiSlammaJamma

Spiderman is iffy. That's what I found though.

I couldn't find out who won either the first race or second race between Superman and Flash, but I do know there was a whole book written on the race some time ago. I suspect that somebody cheated in the first race and forced them to race again, but I'm clueless.

11. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I was always fond of Mighty Mouse.

12. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Hong Kong Phooey is my favorite super-hero!

13. PhiSlammaJamma

The races....

http://www.hyperborea.org/flash/races.html

to recap briefly

race 1: a tie.
    race 2: evil plot intervenes, both work together to get home. They still tie. Photo finish distorted somehow.
    race 3: Superman conceding that "on this world," the Flash was indeed the fastest man alive. Something to do with yellow sun.
    race4: Flash won by inches

#13 PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 17, 2001
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2001
  14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I was saddened to see my favorite, Underdog, was left off the list.

15. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

JV and RH: ditto...

Personally, I am more concerned that the Brown Hornet didn't make the cut...

16. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

HOLY SH*T !!! BRUCE WAYNE IS 86?!?!? He seems to be healthy and looking damn good for 86!.............

17. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

So, if I take this 5 liter vat of 20 M HCL that I happen to have with me, and pour it all over my body, I should turn into Plastic Man, right?

18. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I absolutely loved Underdog and Mighty Mouse as a kid.

As an adult however, I found it very odd that both had to take "drugs" to become their superhero selves.

Underdog took a pill from inside his ring and the original Mighty Mouse snorted a white substance.

I think there are a couple more examples of superheros taking something to become "super", but can't think of them off hand.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Where John Travolta ?

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Also strange to note the simlarities between the Green Lantern and "unbreakable". Perhaps Bruce Willis was infected by the green lantern....

Anybody remember Danger Mouse. That was too funny.