1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Rockets game of this young season so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

The second game against the Spurs where Lin matched his career high score of 38 points in a game.

This game changed everything. It boosted Lin's confidence and regained perhaps McHale's trust in him so he really started to try to find a way to make sure both Harden and Lin can work together on court and perform well. And it seems that Lin had to do it in this big way to achieve that.

This game also augmented the two 5-game winning streaks we have had up to now.

Among all the games we have played so far, I think this game brought the biggest impact not just to Lin but the entire team as well.

2. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Do you think the 17 point comeback vs the Lakers was like the comeback we did to OKC last year

3. jocar

jocar Member

Knicks blowout/Bulls blowout/Lakers comeback were equally badass.

4. Zfan

Zfan Member

Lakers game for sure. Harden was like HOF toying Kobe like cat playing a mouse.

5. art

art Member

i bet the LOFs are saying knick gms

i would have to say the comeback v. lakers, bull on xmas. the stretch where they put up 120+ and put the league on notice

6. bonny1

bonny1 Member

I hope they can't make the playoffs, although I like steve nash

7. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

I thought all the Spurs games were really good. Everyone of them was a clear comparison of what the Rockets are trying to become and what their weaknesses were. Except for the 1 blowout Spurs game, everyone of them was very exciting and back and forth.

8. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Tough to choose from the 4 game winning streak where the Rockets' were blowing the crap out of opponents. NYK, PHI, MEM, CHI.
    I guess I'd say the Memphis because, well they're Memphis. That was the moment the league really took notice of the Rockets and we were a legit scary team to face because of the pace and scoring. We had DAT SWAG! where everyone looked really confident. :cool:

I don't know where that swag has gone recently, but I want it back! :(

9. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I bet you betted wrong.

The definition of the legendary LoFs are people who only care about Lin's performance and don't care whether the Rockets W or L. So their favorite game should be the one where Lin scored 38 pts against the Spurs.

10. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

The stretch of games when we man handled those "top defensive teams"

11. steady

steady Member

Yep, those three.

12. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

Probably, the last game(vs 76ers).

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

The game where Lin scored 20 points.

Go Lin!

14. Gertso

Gertso Member

Yea this one. I was at the game...it rocked.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I would pick either one of the games against the Lakers. One, because they are the Lakers
    2. because of the so many sellout Lakers fans living in Houston
    3. because that punkass Howard is getting what he deserves and
    finally, well...because they're the Lakers.