1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Pandora Stations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Matador, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Matador

Matador Member

For those of you that don't know Pandora is a website (also an iPhone app) that streams commercial free music. You pick a genre of music or a particular artists and the program plays songs by that artist as well as what it thinks are similar artists. It's one of my favorite apps.

Anyways what are some of you all's favorite stations and for what occasions? For example:

my faves
    for running: The Ting Tings station - it has a lot of upbeat songs with faster beats
    for going to sleep: Josh Groban station - instant sleep within 3-4 songs, very peaceful
    for driving in the car: Dierks Bentley station - a good mix of mostly upbeat country music

for other Pandora users, what stations do yall like and for what activity? Any good suggestions for workout stations? Thanks.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

U2 station...because I like U2 and it plays good songs.

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

fricken pandora... absolutely loved it, then they kicked me off because their not aloud to broadcast outside of the US :(

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

i use it at work.

and then got pissed with it, because it kept playing the same songs OVER, and OVER, and OVER.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

True that. Its not very ballsy with its rotation choices.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

slacker is a good radio thingie too.

i really liked Yahoo's music thingie until they basically sold it or whatever they did to it.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i always wished it would slowly branch out to different types of music on one station over time. but no

meaning over the years i have liked

punk
    industrial
    90's rap
    underground hip hop from the 00's
    60's (beatles, led zep, pink floyd, velvet underground, jimi hendrix)
    reggae
    jungle
    drum n bass
    trance/progressive
    shoegaze
    jazz
    indie (of the last 5 years)
    90's alternative

if i could it to branch to all that and some more i would be very happy.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I like Slacker better due to it's more diverse musical selections. I have found quite a few songs I would have never heard without Slacker. Unfortunately, it doesn't work nearly as well on my blackberry as Pandora so it's Slacker on my PC and Pandora on my BB.

9. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

I know it's not a Pandora station, but Radio Paradise is a very thoughtful, sometimes eclectic mix. It's a standalone app on the Iphone, and a high bitrate stream at radioparadise.com.