1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Country Song

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Dec 16, 2019.

1. body slam

body slam Member

this is my favorite cover

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Anything by Marty Robins.

arkoe likes this.
  3. what

what Member

I have a particular affinity for Rose Garden as I can remember my mom and I listening to that when I was younger.
    Similarly: an old Everly Brothers song sung by the incomparable Linda Ronstadt: when will I be loved.
    As a writer and a lover of lyrics in general, You're the reason God made Oklahoma is like poetry in music.
    Just listen to that song and the lyrics and try to figure out how somebody came up with those words is mind-blowing to me.
    There's a full moon over Tulsa I hope that it's shinning on you. The nights are getting colder and Cherokee county there is a blue northern passing through.
    That's poetry.

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you want something new, I like these two:

Just found this guy, love his voice.

Amazingly precise fingers playing that guitar.

5. what

what Member

That song by the strings kid reminds me of another song by seldom scene: wait a minute. Also remembered the old Jason Boland and the Stragglers song: Somewhere Down in Texas. The year that that song came out: the song that won Song of the year was: Murder on Music Row. A travesty.

Ottomaton likes this.
  6. Xerobull

Anything by Willie Nelson

Deckard likes this.
  7. Xerobull

She looks a lot prettier on the radio.