1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fauxtrage] How is this Offensive?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by shastarocket, Aug 17, 2015.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Last time The plane had wifi I was trying to buy some new pens for work, but it auto blocked PenIsland.com. I was infuriated.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Pretty much how I feel. It's a dumb video, but all sorority recruitment videos are dumb. You're more than welcome not to like it, or even let it offend your delicate sensibilities, but the impulse of my generation to immediately ban anything someone doesn't like is ridiculous.

3. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

So are these the 72 virgins I keep hearing about?

1 person likes this.
  4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I do not see a problem with the video. They should have stuck to their guns and kept it up. No one will be talking about this in 3 days.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Is Chandler Parsons still offended?

7. conquistador#11

y u no pillow fight?

8. marky :)

marky :) Member

Offended that this didn't happen in the video.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Think that's really the biggest crime in that video......

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The only person of color in the video was an athlete :eek:

Highly offensive!

Seriously though, the video wasn't offensive

11. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure many other sororities have the same type of video out there. This internet blogger just aimed her guns at this one.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This is how bad the ultra-feminist, PC movement has gotten.

I was in Vegas last week, on The Duece, riding from downtown to the strip. There's a wealthy family in front of me, on the bus. The daughter, who claimed to be 27, yet looked like she was 12 - all 4'7" of her, would not stop talking, so I was forced to listen. She literally didn't sto talking for the hour long bus ride. Maybe a total of a minute.

At one point, she started telling a family about how downtown, one of the scantily clad women was being approached somewhat aggressively by some drunk guy. So, this little woman runs over to the obviously helpless pseudo-stripper and apparently tells the guy to screw off (or whatever version of that some uber feminist would use). As if she needed her help. She was saying something about how we need to quit objectifying women and treating them as objects, or something.

Then, IN THE VERY NEXT BREATH, she started talking about going to see The Thunder Down Under, and was like, it's about time I can go see guy strippers. Men can go see women strippers all they want, but nobody gets to talk about the guys...

My wife, love her to death, rolled her eyes, and mumbled under her breath, something about, "So even though a woman invites herself to be objectified like that, you're gonna stick up for her, because she shouldn't be, but you can objectify all the guys you want, because that's what you're into?"

13. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I don't get it either.

It's just some college sorority women having fun, and decided to post a video about it. That's it. Who cares?

People who are getting offended or are bringing up "empowerment" are overthinking it, big time.

I suspect many other sororities have done similar things. It's not a big deal.

This "story" will blow over and be forgotten in a couple of days. It's just this week's target of "gotta be pissed-n-offended-at-something-and-whine-about-it". Next week it'll be something else. Rinse and repeat.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You guys don't know wtf you are talking about.

This chapter is known for discriminating. A black girl was basically vetoed out after being allowed in or something to that effect. They let a certain type of person in and that's painfully (not on our eyes) clear.

16. marky :)

marky :) Member

Outraged that you are outraged at our outrage.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lol. I'm not outraged. The video is great and makes me regret not going to a SEC school. :grin:

#57 sammy, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah almost every sorority video I've seen was exactly like this.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Has anyone even suggested that it was the parents who were "offended" and they let the university know, in no uncertain terms. Maybe several of the parents don't want their daughter in "party girl" videos spread around the internets, for the rest of their daughter's life and career.

just saying

Are sorority and fraternity promo vids really just all about partying?

20. Ohreally

Ohreally Contributing Member

Highly offensive! I'm appalled I didn't see more skin action!