1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Father speaks with his new transgender son

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dei, Jul 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

For your first point, making someone happy isn't judged by just giving them what they want. Not killing themselves typically is a better metric.

I haven't heard of children getting reassignment surgery but they are given hormones that prevent puberty from progressing naturally. The decision is made quickly because puberty is considering a ticking clock that will make irrevocable changes so there is a rush to give hormones of the gender the child believes themselves to be. You can say "Oh don't worry, smart people are in charge with parents consent with a high standard" But if the only medical opinion given to the parent has been hormonal treatment based on what is ultimately the word of a child how reliable can it be?

I think the entire situation is ****ed and the current political climate makes it even harder to have objective decisions made.

2. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

as long as they are not hurting anybody else why do you care?

it is against the law for adults to engage in sexual acts with minors. is it really that complicated?

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Was walking around the neighborhood with my niece and nephew while playing Pokemon Go earlier this week and they like to tell me little random facts about things they heard from somewhere. So my niece asked me if I knew why men have nipples and I had no clue. Turns out it's because after conception everyone starts off as female. When the fetus starts to develop more complex tissue and organs like nipples, everyone still is technically a woman. It's only after the development of nipples that the fetus starts the process of becoming a male or remaining female.

Point of the story is I don't think it's irrational to believe that someone's mental makeup can be of the opposite sex even if their physical makeup says otherwise given all the complex biological development going in our very own bodies at various stages in life.

1 person likes this.
  4. jsingles

jsingles Member

You have a severely r****ded brain, please seek medical treatment immediately. You are not a healthy person.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The father is very disappointed because:

1) His new daughter doesn't quite look like a woman

2) Might of already had sex re-assignment surgery

But in the end, who cares.

6. jo mama

the real question here is if ivanka trump became a dude would trump still want to bang him?

1 person likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Their choice, not your.

They certainly change something. LOL. Again, it's their choice to take the procedure and whatever change they desire. It could be emotional, physical, both.

Where is the study that said that psychotherapy is better?

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

It's the kids choice to get hormones? What choice are you talking about?

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Society, man. Society cares.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Better yet, if Donald Jr or Eric became a chick, would Trump want to bang them?

11. supdudes

supdudes Member

I've already responded to these points.

The man who identified as a six year old girl...is leaving seven children and one wife. Hardly a victim-less situation in my opinion. In fact the video in which he talks about his past family he says something along the lines of I know that I am leaving these children and a wife...But it's about ME now, I need to be taken care of.

12. Invisible Fan

So....you want the wife and children to baby-sit the 56-6 yr old dude-girl?

13. supdudes

supdudes Member

What...?

Plainly put this is what I believe. If a person makes the decision to marry and birth multiple children, he or she has the responsibility to physically and emotionally support them, or at least try to be positively involved in their life. A father who leaves his biological children to become a child himself does not sit well with me.

These are my principles. Perhaps you don't share them, but there they are.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The guy should love his son or nephew regardless. It's hard seeing somebody mutilate their body but he's doing what makes him happy. Personally if my own son was just gay and didn't want to mutilate his body I would have be happy. Luckily he's just 7 yrs old and appears to like females as he loves staring at catalogs. Im good for now.

15. Invisible Fan

In the father's circle, the son is a ****ing embarrassment to him as a man and father, and to how he thinks his friends look at him and his family.

Maybe in ten years, they will reconcile? What is certain in those ten years is the amount of ****s given by the father's friends and acquaintances.

Absolutely zero.

Not that it matters in this topic, but I share similar ideas and meanings of responsibility.

I'm trying to understand what you aim to achieve by giving that person as an example.

Lets say this was 20 years ago, and everyone, without a doubt, would think what the father is doing is perverse and damaging, would that mean our collective judgement would shame him into raising a family as he should? What's the ex-wife's angle in all this? Maybe she was doing everything to keep the house together and now it's one less burden she has to manage.

Maybe, just maybe, he'd still leave the family for something less sensational and mundane, such as another person or just disappear.

It's real sad that he left his wife and seven children, but the man has big issues if he wants to become a 6 yr old girl in order to cope with disturbing or depressing thoughts.

If anything, wouldn't that confirm that people with gender issues should be allowed to explore and confront their ambiguity early on before loading up with children?

#115 Invisible Fan, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lm8oxC24QZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. jo mama

a six year old is not capable of being a parent or holding a steady job so if this person was really committed to that then i would say that is irresponsible and selfish. and if they are neglecting their children's basic needs then there would be the need for the law to get involved.

however, a transgendered adult is capable of being a parent and holding a steady job. you may not like it, but they can take care of their children's basic needs.

18. supdudes

supdudes Member

You know when I first posted the examples, I wanted to point out that this social acceptance trend was a slippery slope. I was uneasy with the fact that more and more people are encouraging the identity-reality mismatch as a normal phenomenon, rather than...A possible mental disturbance, or at the very least a component of larger psychological issue.

If we can agree to at least talk about why a person identifies out side of the cultural norm, instead of saying things like "It's normal and should be accepted without debate" and "trans-ness has no components of mental issues."

In fact many trans people have issues such as anxiety and substance abuse. If the argument can be made that substance abuse, depression, anxiety etc is a means of coping with not being treated as they feel...

Why can we not speculate that perhaps, just perhaps identity-reality mismatch, or trans-ness is a way of coping with real mental illnesses, or be a sequelae of mental illness it self?

The chicken before the egg may be well and true. But I think it is irrational to call a person a bigot for saying that it may be vice versa.

19. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

He prefaced breaking news about the attack in Germany with, "Muslims gonna Muslim." Seems like a guy you want to avoid in real life.

20. supdudes

supdudes Member

I agree with everything you've just said. What is even more unsettling is the fact that he admits he openly transitions between his two identities- Grown man and little girl. So I would say that he is committed to fluidity more so than the girl identity.

A trans-gendered person can absolutely be a responsible parent. I never claimed otherwise. I wouldn't say I like it...But on the principles of rationality I won't deny it.